Which is MORE ICONIC?

janetDAYZ

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which is MORE ICONIC overall??

• VOGUE
    • RHYTHM NATION

I'm not a Madonna stan but during that era I didn't even know what Madonna sang, but I knew she was this bad girl slut and something negative for America. The early 90s era for Madonna WAS a cultural movement and it wasn't even when she saw her biggest album sales. She was was challneging freedom of speech, womans rights, homophobia, religion, and sexuality during that era.

:filenails:

ONLY too her fans, the rest of the world didnt care because Janets RN took the world by storm and had every straight and gay man, women &child copying her style and videos.

Girl, KABOOM...

Madonna was NEVER a cultural movement...yes to all of the Madge stans, I SAID IT! :coffee:

She was pop star that (was one of the first) to master the art of using controversy to market herself.

She gets way too much credit after the media began treating her as if everything she did was the very definition of brilliance. I can't and I won't fall for the fuckery, because it simply isn't true. :coffee:

T-H-I-S

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And your point is? Madonna re-created a Monroe "Material Girl", and in "Vogue" she named called her inspirations... :filenails:

The same as Janet did with "24play"... :filenails:

Neither were being sneaky about it. :filenails:

:thumbup:

There's also a difference between referencing culture, art, etc vs. referencing another popstar who came before you. The difference is in one instance you're taking from multiple inspirations to say something in a way that hasn't been said before, and in the other you are repackaging the work that someone already did.

I didn't know Whitney dueted with Hateretha :o

Yea Im pretty new to the song too, but its a instant fave of mine, MAINLY for their spoken shade toward each other at the end

Aretha to Whitney "You know I realize your under pressure and suffering from delusions" "every king needs his king, and I LOOOOVE my role as his queen, and I hope you like yours too, whatever role that is"

and then Retha tellin Whitney to shut up @ the end and them both cackling, PRICELESS

Yea Im pretty knew to the song too, but its a instant fave of mine, MAINLY for their spoken shade toward each other at the end

Aretha to Whitney "You know I realize your under pressure and suffering from delusions" "every king needs his king, and I LOOOOVE my role as his queen, and I hope you like yours too, whatever role that is"

So it's like the original "The Boy Is Mine" :unsure:

Archived