Mya vs Ciara: Who was all around the bigger star?

JoeJoe

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the better singer?

2. 2. Who was the better dancer?

3. 3. Who was better all around?

"Case of The Ex" was Mya's biggest hit and yes it was big for someone of her low caliber but it was nowhere near as big as Ciara's Goodies era. You're reaching.

I know that. :rolleyes:

My point was that she did have "big" hits (well at least one hit -_- )... and they are basically equal saleswise. Mya having Ciara the edge overall, and Ciara having the edge in the states.

Why am I even discussing this? I'm not a fan/stan of neither. :sigh: lol

Singer: Mya (But it's not like she's way better than Ciara's 1 or 2 notes.)

Dancing: Ciara (But Mya was a good too.)

All-Around Bigger Star: Ciara (Her career even though it's short did better than Mya's. She's not at the top of the Hot 100, but she's bound to come out with at least an R&B hit. And like bali said, record labels still give Ciara chances and folks here about it unlike Mya.)

And you are aware that same source claims Aaliyah has sold 32 million albums worldwide,right? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaliyah

Wikipedia's "facts" are sometimes a toss up

I went by wiki for the stats of BOTH artists... :rolleyes: (as I'm not a fan nor do I stan for either)

Mya has two platinum certs and one gold RIAA certs in the US (and according to Wiki, her soundscans for each project exceed her RIAA certs). The 3.2 million figure comes from her supposed soundcan figure which DO NOT seem inflated. I'm not sure about the worldwide sales though, but that's what listed. Hence, the comments I made earlier. :rolleyes:

I went by wiki for the stats of BOTH artists... :rolleyes: (as I'm not a fan nor do I stan for either)

Mya has two platinum certs and one gold RIAA certs in the US (and according to Wiki, her soundscans for each project exceed her RIAA certs). The 3.2 million figure comes from her supposed soundcan figure which DO NOT seem inflated. I'm not sure about the worldwide sales though, but that's what listed. Hence, the comments I made earlier. :rolleyes:

Listen,Im a Mya fan and I've always been up on her sales. Yes, her soundscan numbers are more than her certifications but not much..a few hundred thousand -at best. But my thing is..if even you find Mya's WW sales to be suspect whay are you saying she has a slight edge over Ciara WW?

Listen,Im a Mya fan and I've always been up on her sales. Yes, her soundscan numbers are more than her certifications but not much..a few hundred thousand -at best. But my thing is..if even you find Mya's WW sales to be suspect whay are you saying she has a slight edge over Ciara WW?

Her soundscan figure is 3.2 million. She only has 2.5 million in RIAA certs...so it's more than a few hundred thousand.

I didn't say I thought her worldwide figures were suspect. I only meant I'm not sure about where they come from, because I don't follow her career. I can't easily access receipts (nor do I care to find them) like I can with Mike or Janet.

USUALLY sales info on Wiki (unless some stan posts inflated and erroneous information) is based on various legitimate articles (even Aaliyah's WW sales on Wiki are sourced from various articles)...now where did those articles get those figures from is the question.

Either way, my only point is that they aren't that far from each other in sales...and overall I disagree with the consensus that Ciara was bigger.