Mya vs Ciara: Who was all around the bigger star?

JoeJoe

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the better singer?

2. 2. Who was the better dancer?

3. 3. Who was better all around?

Her soundscan figure is 3.2 million. She only has 2.5 million in RIAA certs...so it's more than a few hundred thousand.

I didn't say I thought her worldwide figures were suspect. I only meant I'm not sure about where they come from, because I don't follow her career. I can't easily access receipts (nor do I care to find them) like I can with Mike or Janet.

USUALLY sales info on Wiki (unless some stan posts inflated and erroneous information) is based on various legitimate articles (even Aaliyah's WW sales on Wiki are sourced from various articles)...now where did those articles get those figures from is the question.

Either way, my only point is that they aren't that far from each other in sales...and overall I disagree with the consensus that Ciara was bigger.

Where is your link for the 3.2 mill soundscan sales? Did I miss the actual source for that?

I didnt say Wiki is not reliable but some of that shit is farfetched and embellished due to STANS like you just mentioned. I still find that 7 or 8 mill WW sales for Mya to be suspect. That would mean she sold MORE outside the states than she did here.PLEASE.

How can you debate that Ciara was BIGGER when Mya has not had an era as big as "Goodies" era? I mean ...is it that hard to figure out?

Where is your link for the 3.2 mill soundscan sales? Did I miss the actual source for that?

I didnt say Wiki is not reliable but some of that shit is farfetched and embellished due to STANS like you just mentioned. I still find that 7 or 8 mill WW sales for Mya to be suspect. That would mean she sold MORE outside the states than she did here.PLEASE.

How can you debate that Ciara was BIGGER when Mya has not had an era as big as "Goodies" era? I mean ...is it that hard to figure out?

The receipts are in the Wiki link I posted. :rolleyes: 1st album scanned 1.4 million, and has a platinum cert. The 2nd scanned 1.2 million and has a plat cert. The 3rd scanned 589,000 and has a Gold cert. Obviously the additional 89,000 of the 3rd album was rounded up for the 3.2 million figure.

Yes, some of it is stan embellishment. Especially for the wiki pages that aren't locked. Usually though they are sourced (even the source has the figures wrong) The WW figure for Mya is sourced though. The article it was taken from is in an asian language though :unsure: lol

Ciara had a bigger hit with "Goodies", but that's it. Other than that they are about equal (which has been my argument from the start).

Finally a thread where two artists are pretty equally matched.... this is s tough one.

In some ways Mya opened the door for Ciara....

Mya had the better voice

Ciara is the better free style dancer

Mya wins when it comes to choreography

Ciara had more success, especially when you add movies/endorsements/pop culture

Ciara came hard... but she fell fast.

Mya beats her as far as longevity.

To be honest both could still bounce back.

• Upvote 1

Janet opend the door both them lessors (tho Mya breezed through it more in my opinion, tho less popular)so I wouldnt go to door opening :filenails:

Plus we forget Mya started as a actress, and she was a tap dancer with Savion Glover. So she may be on the same page as Cici today as far as the music career goes, but the bitch was somebody before the music and fame, so thats my kinda laday :coffee:

Finally a thread where two artists are pretty equally matched.... this is s tough one.

In some ways Mya opened the door for Ciara....

Mya had the better voice

Ciara is the better free style dancer

Mya wins when it comes to choreography

Ciara had more success, especially when you add movies/endorsements/pop culture

Ciara came hard... but she fell fast.

I was COMPLETELY with you and agreed with every single word UNTIL WE GOT HERE.

Are you aware of how many times Mya has tried to "bounce back"? She's been a flop damn near going on 10 years -it'll be 10 years next year (to be specific).

And Ciara ...again...um ...yeah...but NO. Some artists are just "15 mins of fame" type of artists and they BOTH fall under that category sadly. I was rooting for them two but wishful thinking is not reality.

• Upvote 1

Ciara had more success, especially when you add movies

Ciara + movies = :blink:

Mya has longetivity? No.. She has been flopping longer.. Yes

Neither can bounce back.. Especially Mya.. Ciara could if she could stop singing about nothingness

:blink: what are u babbling about? Mya didn't have help? So she mixed, produced, and wrote everything by herself? No wonder She hasn't been relevant for over a decade

don't be dumb you know what I mean. Ciara had Lil John, Peety Pablo, Missy, and everybody under the rainbow

The receipts are in the Wiki link I posted. :rolleyes: 1st album scanned 1.4 million, and has a platinum cert. The 2nd scanned 1.2 million and has a plat cert. The 3rd scanned 589,000 and has a Gold cert. Obviously the additional 89,000 of the 3rd album was rounded up for the 3.2 million figure.

Yes, some of it is stan embellishment. Especially for the wiki pages that aren't locked. Usually though they are sourced (even the source has the figures wrong) The WW figure for Mya is sourced though. The article it was taken from is in an asian language though :unsure: lol

Ciara had a bigger hit with "Goodies", but that's it.

Other than that they are about equal (which has been my argument from the start).

What do you mean.."but,thats it" ...um..THATS ALL THAT MATTERS! :lmao: If Mya has NEVER been the "it" girl or had an era as big as Goodies..then how the fuck are they equal? You are really losing this argument. It makes no sense. And dont bring up those WW figures for Mya because we dont know how reliable that is.

don't be dumb you know what I mean. Ciara had Lil John, Peety Pablo, Missy, and everybody under the rainbow

ok :blink: and that makes her less of an "artist" than Mya :blink:

if anything.. that proves she can afford big names on her hot tracks...and succeed

btw Missy was on Ciara's flop track "_____" i don't even remember the name of it... either way.. the music has to be hot for it to chart and be successful

What do you mean.."but,thats it" ...um..THATS ALL THAT MATTERS! :lmao: If Mya has NEVER been the "it" girl or had an era as big as Goodies..then how the fuck are they equal? You are really losing this argument. It makes no sense. And dont bring up those WW figures for Mya because we dont know how reliable that is.

Mya was an "it" girl...she had a her moment (brief, but nontheless lol) I would go so far to say she was 4th girl outside the "trinity" of Brandy, Monica, and Aaliyah (a distant 4th...but 4th nonetheless lol)

I maintain my position that she had almost equal success to Ciara. :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Ciara may have fell off but not like Mya. Your question is "Who was all around the bigger star?" and my answer remains.

"Ride" was a big Urban hit and I think with the right promotion Ciara can do well. She signed a deal with Epic records and has modeled for Givenchy. What is Mya doing lately besides trying to sell an album in Japan? Mya is DONE. Nobody knows who she is. I mean, all you have to do is look at their sales and chart stats to know this. Mya went from a moderately successful 90's act to some random flop.

I don't feel the need to bring up clips to prove my point because it's unnecessary. All I know is Ciara is way better than Mya in every way.

Mya sounds like a mouse. Ciara's tone >>>>

Mya could NEVER come for Ciara's dancing and y'all know this. Ciara's dancing >>>>

Mya's music is late. Ciara's music >>>>

ouch

Mya was an "it" girl...she had a her moment (brief, but nontheless lol) I would go so far to say she was 4th girl outside the "trinity" of Brandy, Monica, and Aaliyah (a distant 4th...but 4th nonetheless lol)

I maintain my position that she had almost equal success to Ciara. :coffee:

I stopped right there. Next year for the forum awards they should honor you with the "Reaching Past The Stars and Beyond" LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT award. Its alot of "reachers" here..but you completely take the cake. I never seen nothing like it. I dont even think you believe half the shit you say..its so ridiculous. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I stopped right there. Next year for the forum awards they should honor you with the "Reaching Past The Stars and Beyond" LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT award. Its alot of "reachers" here..but you completely take the cake. I never seen nothing like it. I dont even think you believe half the shit you say..its so ridiculous. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I do deserve a lifetime acheivement forum award...but not that one :umm:

Mya did have somewhat of a "it" girl moment...her being included on the Lady Marmalade thing, everyone being up her pussy because of that Janet inspired "Case Of The Ex" routine (I'm mad that Tina basically created a Janet routine for Mya with that video)...she had her moment.

...and you should read the rest of what I posted. :rolleyes: