Mya vs Ciara: Who was all around the bigger star?

JoeJoe

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the better singer?

2. 2. Who was the better dancer?

3. 3. Who was better all around?

Well thats how you see popularity, it has NOTHING to do with sales from what I see (and in general in the industry), for me your popular when your getting on my nerves (like you or not) and in her case she hit that more than 3 times. I agree it was easier back then, but clearly not for everybody, its not that she was on MTV (THAT was easy back then) or BET, or the magazines, it was how many times, and from what I saw and remember it was alot. I will agree that if you include sales in the mix it does take Ciara higher, but without it in the conversation, from where I sit their popularity heights were about equal

You're right and I definitely saw Mya all over tv. I actually starting liking her more when "Fallen" came out. Mya was on Madtv as well as other popular shows and events just like any other big star so yeah she was definitely and "It" girl and the jokes about her being a fill in for Lady Marmalade. I don't think so cause they had plenty of other female artists to choose from but obviously Mya was chosen for a reason

You're right and I definitely saw Mya all over tv. I actually starting liking her more when "Fallen" came out. Mya was on Madtv as well as other popular shows and events just like any other big star so yeah she was definitely and "It" girl and the jokes about her being a fill in for Lady Marmalade. I don't think so cause they had plenty of other female artists to choose from but obviously Mya was chosen for a reason

Becuz they needed a "softer" singer to balance it out. They couldn't have have 3 powerhouse vocalists in that song..it would have been complete overkill. Hence Mya singing the FIRST verse becuz her small voice fits the beginning of that song. They always save BIG voices for the "finale" of a song. Mya has the weakest voice,then P!nk has a good voice but Xtina was the GREAT voice. They went in that order in the song for a REASON.

• 1 year later...

Mya! She was a legitimate force for a while there. She fell off after a pretty healthy run of success while Ciara fell off after one album.

Dancing was hard, I gave it to Ciara but I think Mya is probably more diverse. It's the only card Ciara has though so I gave it to her -_-

Mya was the bigger star of the two. Ciara came out swinging and everybody thought she would be a contender. But the fame gods pulled her card after just one album. Mya went hard from about 98 until 2003. And her greatest succes came with her second album which was kind of a big deal. I still bump "fear of flying". Ciara fired jazze phae after her first album and has been on struggle street every since. Although body party seems to be doing well.

Lawd.... lol

I made a good points in this thread. Dayz was just being difficult. :rolleyes:

and so did I :coffee:

Mya! She was a legitimate force for a while there. She fell off after a pretty healthy run of success while Ciara fell off after one album.

Dancing was hard, I gave it to Ciara but I think Mya is probably more diverse. It's the only card Ciara has though so I gave it to her -_-

Ciara came out with the mindset that she was gonna be better than Janet and she definitely tried with the dancing. Bitch thought she was on a roll but her dances got repetitive and not memorable and neither was her music.

For this to be true from you it must be Opposite Day :unsure:

ROCHESTER!! :umm:

And I didn't make valid points? Mya just being know as a platinum artist with a few moderate hits ..? Ciara was a multi-platinum "it" girl with more successful hit singles.

Ciara has been able to keep people interested (or maybe the correct word is HOPING she would get it together), but in terms of being the "it" girl during their peaks... they were about equal. :coffee: