Mya vs Ciara: Who was all around the bigger star?

JoeJoe

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the better singer?

2. 2. Who was the better dancer?

3. 3. Who was better all around?

So Mya was an it girl becuz she did the Rugrats soundtrack ? Well I guess Blackstreet is icons lmfaoooooo

I guess that mean Monica was an it girl..she did Space Jam.

I guess that means Aaliyah was an it girl ..she did Anastasia

Mya didn't do shit that other bitches didn't do..BEFORE HER!! LMFAOOOOOOO Plz STOP. My fucking stomach can't take !!!!!

Even after LM...WHITE folk still don't have the slightest clue who she is. They thought she was a new artist during that time...lol... Her efforts to crossover never did get her into the white "popular" arena ...lmao ..even she will tell you that.

Those were all IT girls :umm: U trppin right now

• 2 weeks later...

well Im sure she certainly wasnt aware during the first collab becuz that was before the Beenie controversy..but after? Thats kinda weird considering Mya is synonymous with the gay world..I heard she use to be in one of those gay houses or sum shit. and not to mention her lil Drag Queen/Gay breakdown she did on Pepsi Smash that time.. maybe she bought into his clich'e damage control statement of " I dont discriminate, I love all people....blah blah blah" shit >_<

Who Mya works with isn't a reflection of her views.

Off course not. But you wouldn't expect the Food Network to continue to work with Paula Deen knowing what she said... To me it's a similar situation.

• Upvote 1

It is! It's like singing for dictators..

Lol yeah. Janet was clearly bothered by it if she felt the need to apologize. I just think if you have a brand - even if it's not successful like Myas - then why associate yourself with a racist/homophobe/or other kind of being that has negative PR to it? At least Janet can say that she didn't know...and as soon as she found out she apologized and said if she'd have known it would never have happened and she even shaded her label saying they knew and they should have told her knowing she's a gay icon. I know it's been over a decade since Beenie Mans homophobe episode but still...like Dayz said maybe she bought into his "backtracking"

PS they've worked together more than 2 times lol. Lie Detector (2000), Girls Dem Sugar ('98) and Mess Up My Hair (2011).

Lol yeah. Janet was clearly bothered by it if she felt the need to apologize. I just think if you have a brand - even if it's not successful like Myas - then why associate yourself with a racist/homophobe/or other kind of being that has negative PR to it? At least Janet can say that she didn't know...and as soon as she found out she apologized and said if she'd have known it would never have happened and she even shaded her label saying they knew and they should have told her knowing she's a gay icon. I know it's been over a decade since Beenie Mans homophobe episode but still...like Dayz said maybe she bought into his "backtracking"

PS they've worked together more than 2 times lol. Lie Detector (2000), Girls Dem Sugar ('98) and Mess Up My Hair (2011).

Oh,snap...that was my SHIT! I had forgot he was on that track til you said something... but I didn't even know Beenie was still recording these dayz. :umm: Do ppl still use him? Who?