• Gaga
    • Usher
    • Cher
    • Beyonce
    • Tina

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats how I feel..even tho the Superbowl stage would seem more fitting for someone like Gaga to let her imagination and over the top creativity run wild..I still think I would rather see what Beyonce would come up with.

LMAO you say it like these artist single handedly design and produce the entire show. They probably contribute to about 10% of the entire thing and even then they just maybe give their opinions on set designs and costumes long created before the show even begins. After they just peform. lol

you mean they offered beyonce before janet ??

They offered it to Janet way before 04 but Janet couldnt do it because of other things she was doing. So,technically they didn't ask Beyonce BEFORE they asked Janet.

Tina has done it before hasn't she? I could totally see her rock out the stadium with WLGTDWI!!

No.

LMAO you say it like these artist single handedly design and produce the entire show. They probably contribute to about 10% of the entire thing and even then they just maybe give their opinions on set designs and costumes long created before the show even begins. After they just peform. lol

You took what I said FAR to literal. Of course I meant the artist and their TEAM. Who doesnt know that artists have a team of ppl to help them put ANY show together? :wacko:

Beyonce. She doesn't really need an army of dancers to put on a great show.

Is this Janet shade?

They offered it to Janet way before 04 but Janet couldnt do it because of other things she was doing. So,technically they didn't ask Beyonce BEFORE they asked Janet.

Proof?

Where's the 'None of the above' option?

I was thinking myself what other artists could do it. They usually pick either rock acts or pop acts that arent brand new. I cant remember a country act really but it would fit since its a popular genre for football fans.

I think the only hip hop act they could get to be big enough is probably Jay-z. Alot of the football audience could get into it probably, and he could have guest stars Kanye, Bey obriously.

Other than that, no one is popping to my mind of who hasn't done it and can put on a big show in 30 mins for this particular audience

Well in 04 they offered Beyonce the choice of singing the National anthem or performing for halftime..so I guess it wasnt too soon for them. That was immediately after the DIL era blew up.

I highly doubt she would have been doing it on her own. It probably would have been alongside a bunch of other artists.

No.

You took what I said FAR to literal. Of course I meant the artist and their TEAM. Who doesnt know that artists have a team of ppl to help them put ANY show together? :wacko:

Trust me, ALOT of people believe it :wacko: Thought you may be one of them :P

The only non-Rock/Pop act that would slay is Kanye West. The other options are boring and wouldn't appeal to a wider audience. I'm sorry but there's nothing interesting about Beyonce swinging her yaki around. Y'all know white people will not go up for that or her deep-fried music, lmfao. Also I don't believe she was offered to perform at the Superbowl before. You know damn well that she would do it in a heartbeat.

Gaga still has a long way to go before performing at the Superbowl but I can see her doing it in the future.

I was thinking myself what other artists could do it. They usually pick either rock acts or pop acts that arent brand new. I cant remember a country act really but it would fit since its a popular genre for football fans.

I think the only hip hop act they could get to be big enough is probably Jay-z. Alot of the football audience could get into it probably, and he could have guest stars Kanye, Bey obriously.

Other than that, no one is popping to my mind of who hasn't done it and can put on a big show in 30 mins for this particular audience

Yea, I think they will just stick to Rock, Pop and Country acts since they're "safe". R&B and Hip-Hop acts are too risky and their music doesn't really appeal to the football audience. As for Camel... he's not that big. He could probably be a guest performer like LMFAO and Nicki Minaj were. But Kanye would put on a show. Maybe, Eminem might be considered for a Hip-Hop act? Idk.

Yea, I think they will just stick to Rock, Pop and Country acts since they're "safe". R&B and Hip-Hop acts are too risky and their music doesn't really appeal to the football audience. As for Camel... he's not that big. He could probably be a guest performer like LMFAO and Nicki Minaj were. But Kanye would put on a show. Maybe, Eminem might be considered for a Hip-Hop act? Idk.

How is Jayz not as big as Kanye? Eminem is big enough and popular enough but he wouldnt get it just because he isnt family friendly. if people are tripping over M.I.A. and her finger they would have seizures over eminem. Same reason most hip hop acts wouldnt get a call they arent G rated enough

Why would Beyonce turn down the halftime show over the Anthem ... o'please

Beyonce said the reason she turned it down is because she wanted to have her "Whitney" moment because she remembered how earth shattering Whitney's National Anthem was and she wanted to have that moment.

I can't see Bey doing the halftime show because of her musical collection. I'm actually shocked the NFL hasn't gotten a Country act (like the Zac Brown Band or a Country legend) to do it in the past years. It's just a matter of time that they stop with the Pop acts and go Country.

Beyonce said the reason she turned it down is because she wanted to have her "Whitney" moment because she remembered how earth shattering Whitney's National Anthem was and she wanted to have that moment.

Or maybe what she really meant was that she had not had the chance to steal enough songs to perform at the superbowl since she had only released DIL.

No.

Is this THE Superbowl or just a fake one :unsure:?

Is this Janet shade?

No. It was Sunday shade.

He's not lying... How is he giving her Shade ? Beyonce doesn't need an army of dancers

That's why I loved her I Am Vegas show - it was stripped back and she showed up and showed out (although she looked a fucking mess)

I can't see Bey doing the halftime show because of her musical collection. I'm actually shocked the NFL hasn't gotten a Country act (like the Zac Brown Band or a Country legend) to do it in the past years. It's just a matter of time that they stop with the Pop acts and go Country.

If she can do Glastonbury then she can do a lil 14 min show though? Crazy In Love/Single Ladies/Lose My Breath solo (and Halo for the lil 'world peace' thing that these singers like to do at the Superbowl) would make a pretty good energetic halftime show.

Archived