TMZ Reporting that Whitney Died

Utopia

I was thinking Celine should be involved as well. I understand why J-hud was asked to do it. She has an amazing voice, she's close with clive and she's well known. I feel like Brandy and Monica should have at least been asked. She was working closely with both of them before she passed away. Kelly Price should also have been asked. -_-

I can't stand JHud's voice anymore and I blame it on those Weight Watchers commercials -_-:lol:

Deborah Cox would SLAY...... :clapping: Christina should do something as well. I haven't read she is though.... :cry:

She was the first person I thought of because of their duet. Or Cece Winans.

I'm watching her friend Kim Burrell on CNN right now, and she's about to make me cry again.

Beyoncé talks about the passing of Whitney Houston.

"The loss of Whitney Houston is painful. I remember meeting Whitney for the first time when I was 15. She was the ultimate legend. The ultimate woman. Not only was she confident, poised, stunningly beautiful and intelligent, but she was sincere and kind. She took the time to make everyone feel like they were very important to her. I, like every singer, always wanted to be just like her. Her voice was perfect. Strong but soothing. Soulful and classic. Her vibrato, her cadence, her control. So many of my life's memories are attached to a Whitney Houston song. She is our queen and she opened doors and provided a blueprint for all of us.

God bless her."

Kelly Price Remembers Whitney Houston | Music News | Rolling Stone

zt85c2.jpg

On Thursday night, just two days before her death, Whitney Houston showed up at R&B singer Kelly Price's pre-Grammy celebration. The two old friends even sang a duet of "Yes, Jesus Loves Me."

Talking to Rolling Stone last night, Price – who was clearly struggling to control her emotions before succumbing to tears near the end of the interview – said that the song was a fitting one.

"She’s a church girl, she related to the church girl in me. I’m a church girl, I related to the church girl in her," Price said. "And at the end of the day, whatever was going on, our conversation could always go back to the foundation of our lives, starting out singing in church. And no matter what was going on we could always go back to that."

One of the reasons Price wanted to speak under the difficult circumstances was to address resurfacing rumors surrounding Houston's problems with addiction. Price wanted to talk about the Houston she saw Thursday night, not the troubled diva depicted in the media in recent years. The specific circumstances of Houston's death are still unknown, but reports surfaced Sunday that the singer may have drowned in the bathtub. Law enforcement officials at the scene Saturday evening said there was "nothing obvious at this time" for cause of death and ruled out foul play. Houston had been attending out-patient rehab program in May 2009 for drug and alcohol treatment.

"Things people want to allude to are not what I saw," Price said. "There was no craziness going on, absolutely none of it. It was a great musical event. And honestly, I’m saying it because her daughter was there with her, my two children were there with me. It was an atmosphere that lent itself to being okay for our kids to be there. So that’s what was going on."

What Price saw instead was a close friend celebrating music and having a good time. "She came down, and we had a ball like we always do," Price said. "We laughed, danced, sang and cried and talked about the stuff that we talk about – the kids, life outside of the business. It was good, she was good. It was great, she had a good time, she was happy and that was all night long,"

For Price, Houston's generous spirit is what she'll remember most about the singer. "She was not just a phenomenal singer, she was an amazing person. She was very giving, she would give you her last," she told us. "And the way we were with each other on Thursday night is the way she absolutely deserves to be remembered, celebrating somebody else because she loved them and she wasn’t afraid to put somebody else forward."

Houston often advised her friend on how to survive the industry. "She’s told me what pitfalls to watch out for, how to keep from falling into certain traps, about how this business can just tear you apart if you let it."

Price said Houston imparted to her the importance of keeping a healthy balance between work and family. "She told me, 'Do whatever you can to maintain normalcy at home. Do whatever you can to be there with your family, keep your family around you. Don’t let this business define who you are at home, don’t let it become your everything because this wonderful gift that we have will also, if you’re not careful, and you allow the business to consume every area of your life, it will tear you apart.'"

That Houston tried to keep a peer from suffering through some of the same issues she had was one reason Price called her a friend. "I want people to know she cared about people, she loved people, she loved me, she cared about me," she said.

"She showed up to that party on Thursday night not as a diva. She came and sat in the background and watched me shine. She pushed me to shine. That’s the Whitney I know, that’s who they need to understand she was," Price told us.

"I worked with a lot of artists. She is probably the only one that just without any selfishness at all would push me," Price said. "She wanted me to be heard, she wanted me to be seen. And on Thursday night she said to me, 'I am proud of you. I’m proud of you.' And that means so much because I understood what that meant."

Price continued, remarking on Houston's willingness to help a fellow musician and her desire to connect. "It wasn’t just about the Grammys, it was about knowing that through it all, things that she told me, I took heed of them and I believe that there are even some things she might have fallen prey to and some pitfalls she experienced throughout her life and her career," she said.

"[Houston's] goal in advising me was to keep me from having to face the same issues as her or the same problems," Price said. "And I heard her when she talked to me, and I took it to heart. It wasn’t about being proud of an achievement, it was because she understood that I heard her and I took to heart what she said."

Below is some video footage of Houston's performance with Price on Thursday night:

LL Cool J: Jennifer Hudson Is the 'Closest Thing We Have Now' to Whitney Houston

Grammy Awards host LL Cool J spoke on the red carpet Sunday about how he and producers of the show will honor the legacy of Whitney Houston on music's biggest night.

The rapper-actor, who is the first host at the Grammys in seven years, said that since learning about Houston's death on Saturday, the focus has been on "how we can be respectful and show her the love and appreciation she deserves and that her life warrants and merits."

That will include a performance by Jennifer Hudson, who is expected to sing Houston's mega-hit "I Will Always Love You."

"She's the closest thing we have now to what Whitney was," LL said of Hudson.

– Alison

People.com

You all are forgetting....Whitney is Brandy's biggest idol. Besides the fact that Ray J and Whitney dated, Brandy has lost her hero.

It was almost like a mother/daughter relationship that they had. My heart goes out to Brandy so much...as a huge Brandy fan I seriously feel for her right now as well as Whitney's family..

Whitney Houston

Water Found in her Lungs

The autopsy of Whitney Houston revealed she did have water in her lungs when she died, but the medical examiner needs to determine exactly how much before they can rule whether she died as a result of drowning ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

As TMZ first reported, authorities believe Houston may have fallen asleep or lapsed into unconsciousness in the bathtub and drowned.

But according to our sources, authorities cannot yet determine whether Houston died before she was submerged in the water or after. We're told there is still a possibility Houston was dead before she went under the water.

Toxicology results will be back in 4-6 weeks

TMZ.com