TMZ Reporting that Whitney Died

Utopia

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jill Scott @missjillscott

19m

Fame is a beast children. A monster that consumes greedily. Where do u go and how do u grow as the entire world judges and waits 4 ur demise

Bu @DrunkOnBu

12m

@missjillscott Preach! It's so easy for normal people like me to sit & judge the famous but only those in the industry know what it's like.

6m

@DrunkOnBu and even then...u may walk in someone's shoes but never in their feet.

19m

Fame is a beast children. A monster that consumes greedily. Where do u go and how do u grow as the entire world judges and waits 4 ur demise

Bu @DrunkOnBu

12m

@missjillscott Preach! It's so easy for normal people like me to sit & judge the famous but only those in the industry know what it's like.

6m

@DrunkOnBu and even then...u may walk in someone's shoes but never in their feet.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Whitney's funeral streamed on web

Whitney Houston's funeral is to be broadcast on the internet.

Some of the star's fans had been disappointed that the weekend service in the late singer's hometown was going to be a private affair and that no public memorial was planned.

But Whitney's publicist, Kristen Foster, said The Associated Press would be allowed a camera at Saturday's ceremony in Newark, New Jersey.

The service will be at New Hope Baptist Church, where she sang as a child.

Her eulogy will be given by gospel singer Marvin Winans, a Grammy Award winner and longtime family friend.

Whitney will be buried in Fair View Cemetery in Westfield, where her father John was laid to rest in 2003.

Some fans have already gathered and placed flowers outside the church where the funeral will be held by invitation-only at the request of the star's family, who wish to maintain some privacy. Others have stopped by the funeral home.

Meanwhile, Whitney is expected to storm back into the UK charts this weekend with around 27 individual tracks due to head back into the top 200 singles.

And one of the two affected albums - Greatest Hits - has seen such a spike in sales that it is in line to go to number six when the charts are announced on Sunday.

AP will stream the service on http://livestream.com/aplive

I found this to be interesting.

Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson: are we to blame for their deaths?

As the entertainment world comes to grips with the loss of yet another of its giants, Whitney Houston, we collectively find ourselves with more questions than answers.

For example, there is great uncertainty as to the cause of Houston’s death. As it was in the case of the death of icon Michael Jackson, prescription drugs seem to play some role. It’s not yet clear, and as the Coroner’s office won’t reveal Houston’s autopsy results for some eight weeks, we have plenty of time to speculate. One can be certain the media will give voice to just about anyone who knew Houston, in an effort to feed the insatiable appetite of those invested in the 24-hour news cycle.

That being said, I think the answer as to what – or who – killed Whitney Houston (and Michael Jackson, for that matter) is fairly obvious. We did.

This position naturally requires some explanation.

Let’s go back to these artists’ beginnings. The questionable child-rearing methods of Jackson’s father Joe are well documented. Jackson admitted to Oprah Winfrey that the sight of his father would cause him to vomit – a direct result of years of physical and emotional abuse. But we see no such pattern in the early life of Whitney Houston. Houston was raised in a Baptist home, apparently surrounded by loved ones and musical patrons (Cissy Houston, Dionne Warwick and Aretha Franklin were all a part of her inner circle). In Jackson’s case, we can easily see the root of his psycho-spiritual issues. But in Houston’s case, the source is much less clear. How did someone like Houston, whom one might assume was raised in a loving environment, come to allow herself to be abused, to say nothing of the abuse she heaped upon herself? (Note: I am in no way stating that being raised in a religious home provides any kind of guarantee of a nurturing environment and abuse-free upbringing. I am simply stating that if such a history exists in Houston’s life, it went largely unpublicized).

There’s an important distinction to be made here. Jackson experienced abuse early on in his life, while Houston was already an adult when the (known) pattern of abuse began. She suffered bitterly at the hands of her ex-husband Bobby Brown, leading to their divorce in 2007. But Houston had, by that point, entered into a vicious cycle of self-abuse, through the use of drugs and alcohol – all the more difficult to manage due to how public her struggle had become.

Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston were dubbed the “King” and “Queen” of pop, respectively. They remain the most successful entertainers in the history of recording. To obtain that status, they had to gain the admiration, fandom and ultimately love of millions upon millions of people. “King” and “Queen” are appropriate titles for them, if only to describe the level of adulation they regularly experienced at the peak of their success.

And yet, in the latter years of their lives, both experienced mighty falls from grace, and became public targets for mockery, judgment and derision. We can only imagine what effect that would have had on their individual psyches. Their substance abuse, whether those substances were prescribed or illicit, stemmed ultimately from these artists’ respective attempts to cope – with fame, followed by infamy; with adoration, followed by rejection; with dominance, followed by irrelevance.

Both artists, at the time of their deaths, were actively engaged in the rehabilitation of their respective images – in other words, trying to stage the ever-elusive “comeback”. Comeback to what? I suspect that market domination was part of the answer, though not all of it. I believe what they wanted most was to once again feel universally loved – by us.

Why do I say we are responsible for their deaths? It is us who put them on their pedestals, fostered in them the need for our unqualified love, and ridiculed them when they inevitably fell. Attempting to fulfill their need for our constant love caused them to destroy themselves. And now we mourn the loss of them, not realizing that we are complicit.

Peace,

A.C.

Source: http://radio3.cbc.ca/#/blogs/2012/2/Whitney-Houston-and-Michael-Jackson-are-we-to-blame-for-their-deaths

You guys, did we really lose Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston? Like, did this really fucking happen?

I really can't believe it. I keep hoping someone will write that this was all a sick, cruel joke and that they're hiding away somewhere overseas without all the pain....but I just haven't seen that yet. *chokes* :cry:

I really can't believe it. I keep hoping someone will write that this was all a sick, cruel joke and that they're hiding away somewhere overseas without all the pain....but I just haven't seen that yet. *chokes* :cry:

I can see it, why it happens, the fame gives you power, unlimited power in some cases, and the normal checks and balances everyday people have they don't they live in ways we will never know, I mean having the money to go anywhere at anytime, buy pretty much everything they want, and to be adored by millions, that can give someone a false sense of being invincible. But they are only human

I can see it, why it happens, the fame gives you power, unlimited power in some cases, and the normal checks and balances everyday people have they don't they live in ways we will never know, I mean having the money to go anywhere at anytime, buy pretty much everything they want, and to be adored by millions, that can give someone a false sense of being invincible. But they are only human

boo hoo ... I have everything ... Poor me !

Kevin Costner is set to lead the tributes at Whitney Houston's funeral.

The 57-year-old actor - who starred alongside the late singer in 1992 movie 'The Bodyguard' - will address mourners at her memorial service at the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, New Jersey, tomorrow (18.02.12).

Whitney's godmother Aretha Franklin and music legend Stevie Wonder are set for perform at the funeral - which will be televised and streamed live on the internet - and her mentor Clive Davis will also deliver a eulogy.

The 79-year-old record executive had reportedly been paying Whitney's bills - but he is not planning to finance the funeral - and has been talking to her family "hourly" to help them deal with their grief.

A family source told People: "Clive has been a complete rock for her family this entire time. He's been with her since the beginning, and he's been everything to them. They're leaning on him for emotional support. He talks to them hourly, and he's a very big part in planning her funeral.

"Clive has been a constant presence for them. They're thanking God for Clive."

Oprah Winfrey has also been invited to the private funeral.

Houston’s daughter with singer Bobby Brown, 18-year-old Bobbi Kristina, is set to see the 'I Will Always Love You' hitmaker's body for the first time later today (17.02.12) at the Whigham Funeral Home in Newark.

Whitney - who was found dead in the bathtub of her room at the Beverly Hilton hotel last Saturday (11.02.12) - will be laid to rest next to her father, John Huston, at the Fairview Cemetery in Westfield, New Jersey, tomorrow.

Her official death certificate was released on Wednesday (15.02.12) with the cause of her passing listed as "deferred", pending further investigation with the toxicology results expected in a few weeks.

It is widely believed a lethal combination of prescription drugs and alcohol was responsible for her passing at the age of 48.

http://www.iol.co.za/tonight/music/kevin-costner-to-lead-tributes-to-whitney-1.1236856

Archived