Trayvon Martin Is Dead & We Don't Give A F*ck!

ThatOtherFan

• 4 months later...

Trayvon Martin case: Zimmerman drops stand-your-ground defence

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/06/trayvon-martin-case-george-zimmerman

Lawyers acting for George Zimmerman, who shot dead the unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin on a Florida housing estate, have abandoned their attempt to have his murder charge thrown out on the grounds of self-defence.

Neighbourhood watch leader Zimmerman, 29, had been expected to claim immunity from prosecution at a hearing in April under the state's stand-your-ground law, which allows for the use of deadly force when a person feels their life is in danger.

But in a surprise move, his lawyer, Mark O'Mara, told a judge that the defence would take its chances at Zimmerman's trial in June for second-degree murder. He said he still intended to pursue the argument that his client was acting in self-defence in February 2012 under a violent onslaught from 17-year-old Martin.

The unexpected decision changes the entire direction of a case that sparked racial tensions when Zimmerman was originally released without charge. The case also put America's gun laws under the spotlight.

His fate will now almost certainly rest with a jury instead of circuit court judge, Debra Nelson, who could have thrown out the case at next month's immunity hearing. It leaves the defendant at more risk of the minimum 25-year sentence that would follow a conviction.

That would be me. And if y'all don't either leave this thread alone or get it back on original topic it will be following the other one.

I love it when you take control :shifty:

Trayvon Martin case: Zimmerman drops stand-your-ground defence

http://www.guardian....eorge-zimmerman

Lawyers acting for George Zimmerman, who shot dead the unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin on a Florida housing estate, have abandoned their attempt to have his murder charge thrown out on the grounds of self-defence.

Neighbourhood watch leader Zimmerman, 29, had been expected to claim immunity from prosecution at a hearing in April under the state's stand-your-ground law, which allows for the use of deadly force when a person feels their life is in danger.

But in a surprise move, his lawyer, Mark O'Mara, told a judge that the defence would take its chances at Zimmerman's trial in June for second-degree murder. He said he still intended to pursue the argument that his client was acting in self-defence in February 2012 under a violent onslaught from 17-year-old Martin.

The unexpected decision changes the entire direction of a case that sparked racial tensions when Zimmerman was originally released without charge. The case also put America's gun laws under the spotlight.

His fate will now almost certainly rest with a jury instead of circuit court judge, Debra Nelson, who could have thrown out the case at next month's immunity hearing. It leaves the defendant at more risk of the minimum 25-year sentence that would follow a conviction.

I hope to God he gets the full sentence.

• 3 weeks later...

George Zimmerman’s Brother: ‘Black Teens’ Are Killers

Since he shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin last year, George Zimmerman has been trying to convince the public that he was not acting simply out of racist aggression but because Martin attacked him. Zimmerman’s brother, Robert Zimmerman Jr, is not helping his cause. On Saturday, Zimmerman went on a Twitter tirade against “black teens,” equating the boy killed by his brother with De’Marquise Elkins, the 17-year-old suspect in the murder of a Georgia infant.

As highlighted by Mediaite, Zimmerman tweeted aphoto comparison between Elkins and Martin flipping their middle fingers with the caption, “A picture speaks a thousand words…Any questions?”

zimmerman-e1364215005786.jpg

Zimmerman tweeted the photo at Michael Moore, the NAACP, the NRA, and a Breitbart.com editor. He followed it up with another comparison between the two, tweeting “Teen to West: “Do you want me to shoot your baby?” #TrayvonMartin to #GeorgeZimmerman: You’re gonna die tonight Motherf**ker.”

In case the reason for his comparison of the two young black men was unclear, Zimmerman later tweeted:

Trayvon Martin was unarmed when Zimmerman allegedly followed him and shot him. He had no criminal record. Zimmerman had a history of calling the police to report suspicious black individuals, one as young as 7-9 years old. By his brother’s logic, this frequent suspicion of black people was not due to prejudice but because black people pose a genuine and constant threat to everyone around them.

Zimmerman’s trial is scheduled for June 10.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2013/03/25/1768541/george-zimmermans-brother-black-teens-are-killers/?mobile=nc

George Zimmerman’s Brother: ‘Black Teens’ Are Killers

Since he shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin last year, George Zimmerman has been trying to convince the public that he was not acting simply out of racist aggression but because Martin attacked him. Zimmerman’s brother, Robert Zimmerman Jr, is not helping his cause. On Saturday, Zimmerman went on a Twitter tirade against “black teens,” equating the boy killed by his brother with De’Marquise Elkins, the 17-year-old suspect in the murder of a Georgia infant.

As highlighted by Mediaite, Zimmerman tweeted aphoto comparison between Elkins and Martin flipping their middle fingers with the caption, “A picture speaks a thousand words…Any questions?”

zimmerman-e1364215005786.jpg

Zimmerman tweeted the photo at Michael Moore, the NAACP, the NRA, and a Breitbart.com editor. He followed it up with another comparison between the two, tweeting “Teen to West: “Do you want me to shoot your baby?” #TrayvonMartin to #GeorgeZimmerman: You’re gonna die tonight Motherf**ker.”

In case the reason for his comparison of the two young black men was unclear, Zimmerman later tweeted:

Trayvon Martin was unarmed when Zimmerman allegedly followed him and shot him. He had no criminal record. Zimmerman had a history of calling the police to report suspicious black individuals, one as young as 7-9 years old. By his brother’s logic, this frequent suspicion of black people was not due to prejudice but because black people pose a genuine and constant threat to everyone around them.

Zimmerman’s trial is scheduled for June 10.

http://thinkprogress...lers/?mobile=nc

I have no words....

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

50 or 60 years ago the likelihood of George Zimmerman being found not guilty would be virtually 100%. That the odds are still stacked so high in favor of a possible acquittal is absolutely maddening!

To know that I can be profiled, killed, and actually have a considerable number of people defend my killer because of ingrained racism, has really thrown me.

I knew racism still existed. I know that discrimination still exists. I know that for many I'm still just a black man and that I have contend with a lot of preconceived notions based on decades of institutionalized racism. I get it. I know this all too well. We haven't "overcome" just because Obama is in office.

I just didn't think an Emmett Till like situation could still take place... A situation where it takes a over a month for this man to be arrested. The chance of him getting off for killing an innocent child in cold blood. The fact that people actually support him, etc.

A mix of rage and profound sadness....

50 or 60 years ago the likelihood of George Zimmerman being found not guilty would be virtually 100%. That the odds are still stacked so high in favor of a possible acquittal is absolutely maddening!

To know that I can be profiled, killed, and actually have a considerable number of people defend my killer because of ingrained racism, has really thrown me.

I knew racism still existed. I know that discrimination still exists. I know that for many I'm still just a black man and that I have contend with a lot of preconceived notions based on decades of institutionalized racism. I get it. I know this all too well. We haven't "overcome" just because Obama is in office.

I just didn't think an Emmett Till like situation could still take place... A situation where it takes a over a month for this man to be arrested. The chance of him getting off for killing an innocent child in cold blood. The fact that people actually support him, etc.

A mix of rage and profound sadness....

All hell is gon' break loose if his fat ass is acquitted

Don't let the support for the wrong side upset or get you down. They're just ignorant and there's nothing you can do about that. There's so many more people out there who are with Trayvon and that's beautiful - the support he has received is immense!

• Upvote 1

So the witness said she heard screams sounding like that of a boy and the defense is trying to make it seem as if it could be Zimmerman :rolleyes:. I know it's their job but still <_<.

chile please I aint never heard anybody with the gun scream ....no sir :filenails: