Trayvon Martin Is Dead & We Don't Give A F*ck!

ThatOtherFan

I stopped reading Dina's dumbass arguments when it became clear she didn't follow the story. Zimmerman had an idea of Trayvon's age. He mentioned it on the 911 call. He had pegged Trayvon to be in his late teens. A year later, he thought Trayvon was older? Bullshit.

I stopped reading Dina's dumbass arguments when it became clear she didn't follow the story. Zimmerman had an idea of Trayvon's age. He mentioned it on the 911 call. He had pegged Trayvon to be in his late teens. A year later, he thought Trayvon was older? Bullshit.

Exactly. She claims to have followed the story, but she missed that? BS.

I have never seen people be so willing to justify shooting a kid through the heart. It's baffling... well, it would be, if I didn't know why they are justifying it.

What sickens me is the complete disregard for Trayvon's life by some (a majority of) white people.

I get it. The will never understand racial profiling. They will never understand the role it played in this case. They will never get that Trayvon was a dead man as soon as Zimmerman got out of that car/truck.

What worries me is the absolute lack of empathy.

He was a teen walking home with candy and tea.

It's like some find every excuse to justify why Trayvon was killed. I guess that's because if they admit it happened because of race... they have to accept and admit we don't live in a "post racial society"

What bothers me the most about this is that a lot of people are forgetting that Trayvon was the VICTIM. They are trying to paint him as a monster, when he was just a kid.

And I'm tired of people trying to sweep race under the rug. Trayvon Martin was as racially profiled as others who go into the store and are looked upon as criminals without committing a single crime and merely minding their business. It is offensive that because there isn't any overt racism, people refuse to recognize covert racism. Covert racism is all around us and Im tired of people refusing to wake up because we have a biracial president.

There's so much more I have to say.

• Upvote 2

as to Angie... I will refrain from replying and/or commenting on illogical members unless it's law related. And I won't cross the line

if appealed it'll go to another, higher, court

I don't need for you to characterize other members in this thread as illogical. Do not test me.

• Upvote 1

What bothers me the most about this is that a lot of people are forgetting that Trayvon was the VICTIM. They are trying to paint him as a monster, when he was just a kid.

And I'm tired of people trying to sweep race under the rug. Trayvon Martin was as racially profiled as others who go into the store and are looked upon as criminals without committing a single crime and merely minding their business. It is offensive that because there isn't any overt racism, people refuse to recognize covert racism. Covert racism is all around us and Im tired of people refusing to wake up because we have a biracial president.

I think thats what's bothering me most about this too, why like I said earlier, I can't just chop it up to "Thats just how it goes" because...it's so damn wrong, they tried to make this kid look like a flat out thug who attacked this guy because he was hopped up on weed & skittles, and what bothers me is that people have actually called him a thug (on Bill Maher the other night 1 guest said it was "the wannabe cop vs the wannabe thug"), thats the TRUE injustice of this.

People don't want to deal with true issues this case and circumstances bring up.

Hence, the insane and absurd justification.

I will never get over them saying he was armed with a sidewalk and his fists. They criminalized him so much in that trial, but that's one of things that affected me the most. It would be laughable if there wasn't a dead child six feet under with a bullet hole through his heart.

But doesn't double jeopardy only apply if its the same case in the same court?

I not a law student, what I can say is if OJ wasn't appealed which arguably out raged Whites more than this will ever do, then I cannot see an appeal on this verdict. As for my feelings about the case, Im angry and afraid, when the innocent killing of a Black teen goes unpunished the message is sent that its fine to kill Black people, at least in the state of Florida, because our society doesn't value the life of a Black man. I cannot get passed those who without knowledge of the case donated money to Zimmerman's defense, I can't understand that somehow the dead person wasn't the person screaming on the 911 tape it was the instigator who possessed the gun that killed the victim we heard screaming :blink: I cannot fathom for my own life how after being told NOT to pursue Trayvon , Zimmerman did, and was heard using a racial epithet. Yet the VICTIM was the racist because some "creepy ass cracker" was following him, who as it turns out was armed and would eventually be the death of Trayvon, as in yes creepy at the least. Im pissed at social media and all the White people acting like this wasn't about race and justice was served without a shred of logic to back their statements up, say the prosecution dropped the ball, say the state failed, but don't say this is right, its wrong.

President Obama's Official Statement:

“The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin.”

What sickens me is the complete disregard for Trayvon's life by some (a majority of) white people.

I get it. The will never understand racial profiling. They will never understand the role it played in this case. They will never get that Trayvon was a dead man as soon as Zimmerman got out of that car/truck.

What worries me is the absolute lack of empathy.

He was a teen walking home with candy and tea.

It's like some find every excuse to justify why Trayvon was killed. I guess that's because if they admit it happened because of race... they have to accept and admit we don't live in a "post racial society"

We live in a very polarized society, and social media has exaggerated our differences in many ways as well as exposed them. In short, people take sides, as if they were rooting for a sports team on politics, race, and other matters they are at best marginally informed about. In the end I am convinced White folks don't really believe we live in a post racial society so much as race isn't their problem, so they don't care. For example, I go onto FB and see all the posts from those commenting on this case, I have some White friends that in their news feed its about going to the fucking beach today, I think that illustrates pretty much where some White folks are.
  • Upvote 1

President Obama is going the "Gun control" route :umm:

what can he do as America's president that wouldn't be seen as a bias action based on race seeing how he is seen as the first African American president, and please don't give me the he's not he's biracial, in White folks eyes if you see Obama on the street he's a colored, Negro, Black. He is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. I respect that he called for peace so that we don't make fools of ourselves thus providing White society even more ammo to justify the killing of Blacks because hey look at how they act they deserve to die.

The fact the President of the United States made a statement at all is somewhat comforting though, I can't think of another President that would have commented as much on this case as Obama has. In the end we all want justice, but what can the President do to make that happen without being seen as cherry picking to undermine the legal system?

I think he wants to stay neutral... yet his administration can still press Civil charges... Let's see what The Department of Justice says on Monday

I understand his position, but I'm not happy with it the same way I've been becoming disillusioned with him as of late. I expected a stronger Obama this second term, considering he doesn't have to worry about re-election, but I don't see that happening. I use to be a fervent defender of him, but not really anymore.

I understand his position, but I'm not happy with it the same way I've been becoming disillusioned with him as of late. I expected a stronger Obama this second term, considering he doesn't have to worry about re-election, but I don't see that happening. I use to be a fervent defender of him, but not really anymore.

I don't blame Obama for his lack of success, if you're President and you don't have Congress, you can forget making things happen, our Congress is more an issue to the Nation than Obama is at this point, he can try all he wants but nothing gets through this Congress

I don't blame Obama for his lack of success, if you're President and you don't have Congress, you can forget making things happen, our Congress is more an issue to the Nation than Obama is at this point, he can try all he wants but nothing gets through this Congress

You can tell me this until you're blue in the face. I'm fully aware of that aspect; it's the other things that he says that has disillusioned me. In fact your argument is one I've used many times and still use. I'm fully cognizant of his relations and the racism in Congress. I'm still disappointed in the man. There are two separate issues at play here.

He can't do much without the House blocking his every move... For example.. they continue to try to block Obamacare over and over.. I believe it's up to 37 times.. THIRTY-SEVEN TIMES!

and with the scandals of spying and targeting tea party members... His gun policy of simple background checks falling through.. Obama has retreated a bit.. for now

• Upvote 1

I thought the racial epithet on tape no less would be a game changer, the fact he was instructed by wiser heads NOT to pursue, and Im not talking it was a debate where the operator thought awhile, he immediately said NO WE DON'T NEED YOU TO DO THAT!!!! and God forgive me but I cannot get passed the screams that the supposedly ZIMMERMAN made, you mean to tell me the guy with the gun in pursuit is the one screaming for his life? Which he has and the teen with candy and some tea doesnt? Where they do that at? :blink:

You can tell me this until you're blue in the face. I'm fully aware of that aspect; it's the other things that he says that has disillusioned me. In fact your argument is one I've used many times and still use. I'm fully cognizant of his relations and the racism in Congress. I'm still disappointed in the man. There are two separate issues at play here.

Im at a lose then because I don't know what he has said that has you disappointed. I guess my reasoning is if his hands are tied there's only so much one can expect from him.