Trayvon Martin Is Dead & We Don't Give A F*ck!

ThatOtherFan

He can't do much without the House blocking his every move... For example.. they continue to try to block Obamacare over and over.. I believe it's up to 37 times.. THIRTY-SEVEN TIMES!

and with the scandals of spying and targeting tea party members... His gun policy of simple background checks falling through.. Obama has retreated a bit.. for now

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what Im trying to say, he's human not Man of Steel, after suffering blow after blow and set back after set back, everyone feels exhausted and loses steam

I thought the racial epithet on tape no less would be a game changer, the fact he was instructed by wiser heads NOT to pursue, and Im not talking it was a debate where the operator thought awhile, he immediately said NO WE DON'T NEED YOU TO DO THAT!!!! and God forgive me but I cannot get passed the screams that the supposedly ZIMMERMAN made, you mean to tell me the guy with the gun in pursuit is the one screaming for his life? Which he has and the teen with candy and some tea doesnt? Where they do that at? :blink:

Exactly. There was no DNA of Zimmerman on Trayvon either. You mean to tell me this "thug" was about to kill George but there's no evidence of this?

And now the sidewalk is a deadly weapon? They better arrest every pedestrian they see.

Im at a lose then because I don't know what he has said that has you disappointed. I guess my reasoning is if his hands are tied there's only so much one can expect from him.

Like I said previously, I UNDERSTAND his position. He has a fine line to play as president and that's something I understand. If you find my posts here, you'll notice that I do note he has met a LOT of opposition, but when it comes to race relations, outside of that one speech he made as a candidate, I do not expect much from him. When it comes to immigration, or homophobia, etc. I expect him to come hard and he does; however, when it comes to race relations, I have been feeling disappointed.

• Upvote 1

The U.S. Department of Justice said Sunday it would review the Travyon Martin-George Zimmerman case to determine if it should consider prosecuting Zimmerman, who was acquitted in a Florida court in the shooting death of the unarmed black teenager.

"Experienced federal prosecutors will determine whether the evidence reveals a prosecutable violation of any of the limited federal criminal civil rights statutes within our jurisdiction, and whether federal prosecution is appropriate in accordance with the Department's policy governing successive federal prosecution following a state trial," said a statement released by the department.

The announcement came just barely an hour after U.S. President Barack Obama urged for "calm reflection."

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...e.html?cmp=fbtl

The Department of Justice is investigating the case.. let's see how this goes

He can't do much without the House blocking his every move... For example.. they continue to try to block Obamacare over and over.. I believe it's up to 37 times.. THIRTY-SEVEN TIMES!

and with the scandals of spying and targeting tea party members... His gun policy of simple background checks falling through.. Obama has retreated a bit.. for now

Even if George reached all the proper requirements to get a gun, his racism would have still caused him to profile Trayvon. It's not about the gun control, which I am in full agreement with Obama with.

• Upvote 1

Im sorry I detach at some point from reality, as you all know :whistle: because it boggles my mind in 2013, I still see racist shit go down and everyone sees the elephant in the room but all I'm hearing is "What elephant?" .....that big muthafucka over there keeping half of the room stank!

• Upvote 1

Im sorry I detach at some point from reality, as you all know :whistle: because it boggles my mind in 2013, I still see racist shit go down and everyone sees the elephant in the room but all I'm hearing is "What elephant?" .....that big muthafucka over there keeping half of the room stank!

America needs to start having that conversation again and stop being afraid of it.

Like I said previously, I UNDERSTAND his position. He has a fine line to play as president and that's something I understand. If you find my posts here, you'll notice that I do note he has met a LOT of opposition, but when it comes to race relations, outside of that one speech he made as a candidate, I do not expect much from him. When it comes to immigration, or homophobia, etc. I expect him to come hard and he does; however, when it comes to race relations, I have been feeling disappointed.

I can answer that, obviously NOT to your satisfaction....he wants to be seen unequivocally as the President of the United States, and not as the Black President of the United States, he starts making policy choices or even statements concerning race it plays very poorly for him and I don't have to be on his advisory team to see that. Is it the way I would want it? No, the first Latina to be on the Supreme Court proudly uses her position to further her ethnic and racial background, our not so esteemed President isn't afforded the same luxury without upsetting a Nation of people still reeling from the recession, they will call him out on "bias actions" as being bias and not in the best interests of a nation.

America needs to start having that conversation again and stop being afraid of it.

I can answer that one too...easily...back when the Supreme Court examined Affirmative Action, before it was decided, I asked a White male student at my Alma mater's Law school what he thought about the case, his response almost ten years later I remember verbatim "it doesn't affect me on a day to day basis" ...In summary, unless we can convince some White people that better race relations is in all of our best interests, it remains a case of better racial understanding only benefits those in the minority, the majority could honestly give a shit less, it's not their problem.

I can answer that, obviously NOT to your satisfaction....he wants to be seen unequivocally as the President of the United States, and not as the Black President of the United States, he starts making policy choices or even statements concerning race it plays very poorly for him and I don't have to be on his advisory team to see that. Is it the way I would want it? No, the first Latina to be on the Supreme Court proudly uses her position to further her ethnic and racial background, our not so esteemed President isn't afforded the same luxury without upsetting a Nation of people still reeling from the recession, they will call him out on "bias actions" as being bias and not in the best interests of a nation.

*sigh* You don't get what I'm trying to say, and it's evident by the "Black President of the United States" statement. As I've said before, I've made those statements before, but there's more to it and more nuances to it than that. I wish Son of Baldwin was here to explain it.

I can answer that one too...easily...back when the Supreme Court examined Affirmative Action, before it was decided, I asked a White male student at my Alma mater's Law school what he thought about the case, his response almost ten years later I remember verbatim "it doesn't affect me on a day to day basis" ...In summary, unless we can convince some White people that better race relations is in all of our best interests, it remains a case of better racial understanding only benefits those in the minority, the majority could honestly give a shit less, it's not their problem.

It was NEVER their problem and they have always benefitted from it, but it didn't stop us from having that conversation. We need to start having it again.

The difference between President and a Justice.. Justices aren't elected... and they don't have a time limit.. they serve for life.

President Obama is the President of the US.. where more than 50% of the citizens voted for him... those citizens include all races.. He can state some vague stance on this issue.. but what his administration does can be another story

• Upvote 1

It was NEVER their problem and they have always benefitted from it, but it didn't stop us from having that conversation. We need to start having it again.

the only way then by your statements would be by force from those that stand to benefit, thus my questions to a University of Michigan While male law student.

The difference between President and a Justice.. Justices aren't elected... and they don't have a time limit.. they serve for life.

President Obama is the President of the US.. where more than 50% of the citizens voted for him... those citizens include all races.. He can state some vague stance on this issues.. but what his administration does can be another story

I spot no lies :coffee:

The fact that some of the women on the jury were mothers. God forbid something like that would happen to one of their children. This is just sad. All Trayvon wanted to do was go home. Instead he got followed by a creep and killed. It's really common sense! If you're in fear of your life, would you step out of your car and pursue someone you're scared of?!

• Upvote 2

*sigh* You don't get what I'm trying to say, and it's evident by the "Black President of the United States" statement. As I've said before, I've made those statements before, but there's more to it and more nuances to it than that. I wish Son of Baldwin was here to explain it.

Im sorry I don't see where you are, maybe because you're further along this issue than I am, as a Black gay male, if I spent my time contemplating what all that implies I would go crazy as ape shit. I see Black females afforded more decency than Black men in hiring practices, college, and in society in general, Black men are just grease and dirt to be wiped away, we hold a special place in the heart of America's don't give a fuck attitude.

The fact that some of the women on the jury were mothers. God forbid something like that would happen to one of their children. This is just sad. All Trayvon wanted to do was go home. Instead he got followed by a creep and killed. It's really common sense! If you're in fear of your life, would you step out of your car and pursue someone you're scared of?!

5 out of 6 of them were mothers and one of them has 8 kids under the age of 18. SMH

• Upvote 1

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gave up arguing to some white people about this. They will never see that it was Zimmerman fault the confrontation occurred. They could care less that Martin couldn't defend himself because he's dead. They'll insist the Martin tried to kill him though he was unarmed.

Im sorry I don't see where you are, maybe because you're further along this issue than I am, as a Black gay male, if I spent my time contemplating what all that implies I would go crazy as ape shit. I see Black females afforded more decency than Black men in hiring practices, college, and in society in general, Black men are just grease and dirt to be wiped away, we hold a special place in the heart of America's don't give a fuck attitude.

What's even worse is that if Trayvon was a Black girl, do you think it'd even be news? When was the last time a Nation has captivated itself towards an injustice to a Black woman? Please do not try to play the "my situation is worse than yours" game. I'm not here for it.

I will agree we are very afraid to talk race here, and looking at the history that is unique here in America, one could almost see why. It reminds me of all those White students in the nursing program that told me after a racial incident "we just want to forget it happen"...well I'm sorry that was me you guys acted out at!
  • Upvote 1

What's even worse is that if Trayvon was a Black girl, do you think it'd even be news? When was the last time a Nation has captivated itself towards an injustice to a Black woman? Please do not try to play the "my situation is worse than yours" game. I'm not here for it.

actually I think that's why it does play out in the media, because its a Black male, the Black male has a history in this country that borders endangered species, the least likely to attend or graduate college, the most likely to be locked up, and most likely to die at the youngest age. Those are not my opinions those are the facts. I would argue your position has more to do with gender than race, women are still discriminated against all over the place White and Black alike, but I digress I really don't want to sit here and be seen by you as the one arguing the wrong point or on the wrong side, let's not forget neither of us are happy with this decision, i've read far worst on social media than anything I say here that you disagree with or find fault in. So with all due respect let's not play each other.

actually I think that's why it does play out in the media, because its a Black male, the Black male has a history in this country that borders endangered species, the least likely to attend or graduate college, the most likely to be locked up, and most likely to die at the youngest age. Those are not my opinions those are the facts. I would argue your position has more to do with gender than race, women are still discriminated against all over the place White and Black alike, but I digress I really don't want to sit here and be seen by you as the one arguing the wrong point or on the wrong side, let's not forget neither of us are happy with this decision, i've read far worst on social media than anything I say here that you disagree with or find fault in. So with all due respect let's not play each other.

I think there is an intersection that people don't talk about either: gender. The statistics towards Black men are not in their favor, yet I will always advocate for them because I know, as a Black woman, what my position is and what my experiences are. I should be for feminism, but whenever there's a feminist issue, it's not there for Black women; they are cast aside for women of a more "desireable" race. When there's a race issue, it's not there for a Black woman either as the focal point is the Black man. Even though Black women are more likely to achieve a degree in comparison to their male counterparts, they still, on average earn less than their male counterparts and in comparison to White women. I too have read far worse in the Internet world, but I don't appreciate you trying to pull your initial argument that your plight is worse than mine which initially started because I'm not in agreement with everything Obama says and does. I wasn't trying to start any divisive tactics amongst the race.

• Upvote 1

and to answer your question, I was never more proud of our nation when the media picked up the story of the Black girl that went missing from Chicago and the story went National, because the police were refusing to do anything, and the parents continued to say our daughter is NOT okay. She later turned up dead, boyfriend killed her. Do you remember that?