Trayvon Martin Is Dead & We Don't Give A F*ck!

ThatOtherFan

Justice Dept. collecting public feedback on Zimmerman case

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/07/17/justice-dept-seeks-public-feedback-on-zimmerman-case/?Post+generic=%3Ftid%3Dsm_twitter_washingtonpost

In an unusual move, the Justice Department announced Wednesday that it is collecting feedback from Americans for its investigation into whether to file civil rights charges against George Zimmerman.

Justice officials said the move comes “because of interest in this matter.” People can e-mail Sanford.Florida@usdoj.gov if they have thoughts on how the department should proceed.

It’s not clear how much bearing the feedback will have on the decision, which Justice officials have said will be made by “experienced federal prosecutors.”

“Unfortunately, the Department will not be able to respond to all messages received,” the department said in a statement.

Justice is currently reviewing the case to see whether it could bring civil rights charges against Zimmerman, who over the weekend was found not guilty of second-degree murder and manslaughter in the death of teenager Trayvon Martin. Experts doubt that such charges are warranted under the law.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I'm assuming they're trying to see where the public consensus is before they move forward.

Small hope, but it's something.....

Obama Speaks On Zimmerman Verdict: Black Americans Feel Pain In Trayvon Martin Case

AP/The Huffington Post | Posted: 07/19/2013 1:41 pm EDT | Updated: 07/19/2013 2:24 pm EDT

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama says black Americans feel pain after the Trayvon Martin verdict because of a "history that doesn't go away."

Obama spoke in a surprise appearance Friday at the White House, his first time appearing for a statement on the verdict since it was issued last Saturday.

"Trayvon could've been me 35 years ago," Obama said.

Obama says African Americans view the case through "a set of experiences and a history that doesn't go away." He says black men in particular are used to being feared and blacks see a disparity in the way they are treated under the law.

He says he also has heard drivers lock their doors and has seen women clutch their purses tighter when he walked by, before he was elected to public office.

http://www.huffingto...l?ncid=webmail1

Much more effective, eye-opening statement. I think he played it a little too safe before (although he still made some good points there too -_-).

• Upvote 2

Obama Speaks On Zimmerman Verdict: Black Americans Feel Pain In Trayvon Martin Case

AP/The Huffington Post | Posted: 07/19/2013 1:41 pm EDT | Updated: 07/19/2013 2:24 pm EDT

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama says black Americans feel pain after the Trayvon Martin verdict because of a "history that doesn't go away."

Obama spoke in a surprise appearance Friday at the White House, his first time appearing for a statement on the verdict since it was issued last Saturday.

"Trayvon could've been me 35 years ago," Obama said.

Obama says African Americans view the case through "a set of experiences and a history that doesn't go away." He says black men in particular are used to being feared and blacks see a disparity in the way they are treated under the law.

He says he also has heard drivers lock their doors and has seen women clutch their purses tighter when he walked by, before he was elected to public office.

http://www.huffingto...l?ncid=webmail1

Much more effective, eye-opening statement. I think he played it a little too safe before (although he still made some good points there too -_-).

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Now the republicans will have a field day saying he is race baiting.. smh..

NsPJkBy.jpg

Off course Zimmermans defense didn't use SYG as far as I remember. But it's still pretty 'revealing'.

SYG wasn't used, but the wording of SYG was all through out the jury instructions... and if you listen to Juror B-37, the jurors were obviously aware of it.

This absolutely shows you benefits the most from SYG laws... SMH.

I've heard they're already saying he's "race baiting" on Fox News. SMH

I really don't understand what's going on with this country.

what were you doing watching Fox news? you poor thing ....anywho Im glad he said what he said because that's exactly what I was saying to Angie, yes Blacks have a history in this country, but Black men we go through shit that no one else has to endure.

what were you doing watching Fox news? you poor thing ....anywho Im glad he said what he said because that's exactly what I was saying to Angie, yes Blacks have a history in this country, but Black men we go through shit that no one else has to endure.

Wasn't watching. Just read about what they were saying on Twitter.

republicans actually want to believe that it is a post racial world and anyone that points out that there is racial injustice is a racist.

"You got a black president. Shut up."

Basically, what they're saying.... :sigh:

well i watched the whole 17 minutes, I feel like he could have done that in 10, anywho Im glad that he spoke on several points namely the collective experience of African Americans and the context within society we view ourselves. Having said that I strongly agree that Black males are endangered and Im proud he spoke on that, its not to say that Black women working in corporations dont deserve equality but if we look at the most egregious circumstances, Black men are literally dying out here for what others perceive as a danger to them.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/juror-says-george-zimmerman-got-away-with-murder

Juror Says ‘George Zimmerman Got Away With Murder’

A woman who sat on the all-female jury that acquitted George Zimmerman said in an interview set to air Friday that the former neighborhood watch captain "got away with murder" in the shooting death of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin.

Juror B29, the lone minority on the jury, allowed her face to be shown in her interview withABC's Robin Roberts and disclosed a first name of Maddy. But the 36-year-old nursing assistant, who is Puerto Rican, did not offer her last name, citing security concerns.

In the interview that will air on "Good Morning America," Maddy said that she and the jurors followed Florida law and the evidence put forth was not sufficient to prove murder. And for that, she said, Zimmerman walked.

"George Zimmerman got away with murder, but you can't get away from God. And at the end of the day, he's going to have a lot of questions and answers he has to deal with," Maddy told ABC. "[but] the law couldn't prove it."

Maddy said she expected to be the juror "to give them the hung jury."

"I fought to the end," she said.

• 1 month later...

Medical Examiner In Zimmerman Trial Sues For $100M, Claims Prosecution Threw Case

Sep 11, 2013 | By Kirsten West Savali

bao.png

In a bombshell allegation, Florida medical examiner Dr. Shiping Bao (pictured) claims that Florida state prosecutors were biased against Trayvon Martin and purposely threw the case, and he is suing the state for $100 million, reports WFTV.com.

According to Bao, the medical examiner, state attorney’s office, and Sanford Police Department all felt that Martin “got what he deserved.” Bao also claims that he received the strong, though subtle, message not to speak on certain things: “He was in essence told to zip his lips. ‘Shut up. Don’t say those things,’” said Bao’s legal counsel, legendary Attorney Willie Gary.

Bao’s allegations come swiftly on the heels of him being fired from his position as associate medical examiner. Volusia County released a letter on Tuesday, stating that Bao was fired last week. Spokesman Dave Byron declined to give a reason for Bao’s termination, citing “county standard personnel practice.

Read more from WFTV:

Gary said Dr. Bao was made to be a scapegoat and was wrongfully fired from the medical examiner’s office. He said his client was prepared to offer proof that Martin was not the aggressor.

Gary said prosecutors never asked Dr. Bao a question crucial to their case.

He wanted a question that would have allowed him to explain to the jury with scientific evidence how there was no way Trayvon Martin could have been on top of George Zimmerman, Gary said.

Gary said that question never came.

http://newsone.com/2...ng-bao-lawsuit/

I'm definitely convinced the prosecution threw the case, and this further proves it.