Trayvon Martin Is Dead & We Don't Give A F*ck!

ThatOtherFan

"We can teach boys like Trayvon to be polite and kind, to say yes ma'am and no sir, to pull their pants up and stand up straight. We can teach them, for survival's sake, to be calm and unthreatening when being approached by principals, police persons and others in positions of authority. But we cannot teach them to not be hunted down and murdered by strangers in the streets, even while being the unthreatening sons we've toiled to raise "right", because they are black."

"Trayvon's death at the hands of a man who had reported him to authorities as "suspicious" reminded me of my worry that any educational, social or financial advantages my husband and I could give a hypothetical son might mean nothing in the face of someone who decided our son was a threat."

"[My son] and Trayvon have a similar look. Their coloring, eyebrows, smile, face shape and hair cuts are just too eerily similar for me. And I see that looking decent doesn't trump being black. If it did, Trayvon would be alive."

"My daughter is only six years old, yet I find myself teaching her "the rules" without even knowing it. "The rules" are do's and don'ts for African Americans living in a racist society. My parents taught me "the rules" because they knew what the world was like for African Americans. "The rules" include:

• Don't touch anything when you go into stores.

• Always ask for a bag for the items you purchased.

• Go where you say you are going and come straight home.

• Know who you are. You can't do everything they do.

• Recognize that if you choose a boyfriend of another ethnic group, you might face criticism and even violence from others."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2012/mar/23/trayvon-martin-death-parents-reaction

And his dumb ass friend who was out there defending Zimmerman told on himself. He was very quick to say the majority of the burglaries that have taken place in the neighborhood were done by young black males, and that Trayvon should have told Zimmerman what he was doing there. WTF? Why should he have to? Should he have also shown Zimmerman his freedom papers as well?

Zimmerman is a racist.

He killed Martin for no reason.

There is no evidence to support the argument of self-defense.

There is evidence that proves his actions were racially motivated.

Being "Non-White" does not disqualify you from being racist.

He should be held accountable for his actions and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Anyone that argues this isn't a hate crime is clearly uninformed.

Zimmerman is a racist.

He killed Martin for no reason.

There is no evidence to support the argument of self-defense.

There is evidence that proves his actions were racially motivated.

Being "Non-White" does not disqualify you from being racist.

He should be held accountable for his actions and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Anyone that argues this isn't a hate crime is clearly uninformed.

They are trying to say that Zimmerman walked away and Trayvon hit him from behind.. :mellow:

That head injury could have come from them struggling and Zimmerman falling to the ground.. He shot that boy because he got his ass whipped after stalking him..

GOP Candidates blasted for Martin case remarks

White House senior adviser David Plouffe lashed out on Sunday over a pair of comments by Republican presidential candidates Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum to President Barack Obama's reaction to the Trayvon Martin shooting.

"Those two comments are really irresponsible," Plouffe said on CNN. "I would consider them reprehensible."

"If I had a son he would look like Trayvon," Obama said on Friday.

"Is the president suggesting if it had been a white who had been shot, that would be OK because it wouldn't look like him?" Gingrich said Friday on Sean Hannity's radio show. "That's just nonsense. I mean, dividing this country up, it is a tragedy this young man was shot."

In a separate radio interview Friday, Santorum had a similar reaction.

"What the president of the United States should do is try to bring people together, not use these types of horrible and tragic individual cases to try to drive a wedge in America," Santorum said.

On Friday, Obama said Martin's parents had the "right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves and we will get to the bottom of exactly what happened." On "Meet The Press," Plouffe said Obama had not called Martin's parents.

"I think those comments were really hard to stomach, really, and I guess trying to appeal to people's worst instincts," he said on Candy Crowley's "State of the Union" on CNN. "I don't think there's very many people in America that would share that reaction.

Plouffe, who managed Obama's 2008 presidential campaign, added: "You know, this Republican primary at some points has been more of a circus show and a clown show."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/trayvon-martin-shooting-white-house-senior-adviser-calls-162139957.html

----

smdh

GOP Candidates blasted for Martin case remarks

"Is the president suggesting if it had been a white who had been shot, that would be OK because it wouldn't look like him?" Gingrich said Friday on Sean Hannity's radio show. "That's just nonsense. I mean, dividing this country up, it is a tragedy this young man was shot."

:mellow:

I just... :mellow:

I don't even want to live in this country anymore...seriously. I've always wanted to live outside the states and reading the comments of Geraldo Rivera, Newt Gingrich and others regarding the Trayvon Martin case only reinforces that for me.

I'm sick of living in a place that automatically treats me as a second class citizen because of the pigmentation of my skin.

I'm sick of having to go out into the world and follow certain "rules" so I won't be killed in cold blood like Trayvon because my skin color, and wearing a hoodie when it's raining, automatically makes me a "threat". I don't know where I'm going with this... I guess I just needed to vent.

• Upvote 1

Reading the posts in this thread is a breath of fresh air. There are posters on other boards (some African American) defending Zimmerman, and claiming Trayvon is at fault for not identifying himself. I couldn't believe some of the replies I was reading.

I just hope there's justice for Trayvon and his family. This story makes me so angry.

Reading the posts in this thread is a breath of fresh air. There are posters on other boards (some African American) defending Zimmerman, and claiming Trayvon is at fault for not identifying himself. I couldn't believe some of the replies I was reading.

I just hope there's justice for Trayvon and his family. This story makes me so angry.

If you not in a uniform and even then I wanna see some id otherwise who the fuck are you? :filenails:

Thank you! My blood pressure is too high to be arguing with crazy people. Zimmerman was no figure of authority or apart of law enforcement, and Martin owed him no explanation about who he was and where he was heading.

Now they're trying to say they're not sure who pulled the trigger. They need to stop coming up with these excuses and put Zimmerman in jail before he does it to someone else. There's no way they can be serious with the "self-defense" thing for Zimmerman. The dude went against what the cops said and harassed him. You tell me a grown, fat man was scared by a teenager to the point to where he needed a gun? Please. If someone was following me when I was just minding my business and presented themselves as a threat I would try to beat the shit out of them too, so if Trayvon happened to get a good hit upside that head, Zimmerman deserved it. And Zimmerman has the audacity to say he's sorry. He's only sorry because it hit the news and everyone calling him a racist, which he is. I bet after this happened a month ago and there wasn't any media attention involved, he probably went around looking for more trouble.

trayvon had been suspended from school for having a plastic baggy with traces of marijuana. not relevant but zimmermans defenders bringing it up to paint trayvon a negative light. zimmerman didnt know that, trayvon only had skittles and iced tea, trayvon didnt deserve to die.

Here's what his mom had to say about it:

Martin's mother, Sybrina Fulton, said at a news conference today, "All I've got to say is they killed my son, and now they're trying to kill his reputation."

trayvon had been suspended from school for having a plastic baggy with traces of marijuana. not relevant but zimmermans defenders bringing it up to paint trayvon a negative light. zimmerman didnt know that, trayvon only had skittles and iced tea, trayvon didnt deserve to die.

Thank you. This so called "breaking" story is completely irrelevant to the case. Even if after Zimmerman straddled his body and found drugs, he's not figure of authority or law enforcer.

Oh wow. A teenager smoking weed. The shock and horror :rolleyes:

SMH at zimmermans friend saying that zimmerman said goon instead of coon. he said some stupid shit like he's never heard anyone under 40 say coon and that goon is something his 17yo daughter says is a term of endearment. why would zimmerman call someone who thinks as suspicious a term of endearment? thats a fucking stretch.

the stand your ground law is stupid as fuck. if no ones around, its the last man standing law.

Sanford cops wanted to charge Zimmerman in Trayvon Martin case

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/27/2718130/sanford-cops-wanted-to-charge.html

Zimmerman is a son - of - a - ?Judge? Detective was told Not to Arrest George

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/03/28/1078407/-Zimmerman-is-a-son-of-a-Judge-Detective-was-told-Not-to-Arrest-George

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?

"The portrayal of George Zimmerman in the media, as well as the series of events that led to the tragic shooting, are false and extremely misleading," his father, a retired magistrate judge, wrote in a letter published in the Orlando Sentinel. "Unfortunately, some individuals and organizations have used this tragedy to further their own causes and agendas."

SMH at zimmermans friend saying that zimmerman said goon instead of coon. he said some stupid shit like he's never heard anyone under 40 say coon and that goon is something his 17yo daughter says is a term of endearment. why would zimmerman call someone who thinks as suspicious a term of endearment? thats a fucking stretch.

the stand your ground law is stupid as fuck. if no ones around, its the last man standing law.

I don't think that dude will be on TV anymore.. I heard they tore his ass up either on CNN or MSNBC.