So...Between Rihanna, Madonna, Katy and Nicki...

King Baby

Bey's in her own lane. Gaga is still putting the work in her own lane while Katy and Nicki are scrapping at the leftover pieces Gaga's construction company left on the side of the road. Rihanna's yodeling down her singles lane. Don't see how Madonna's included since she's not part of the new generation.

Bey's in her own lane. Gaga is still putting the work in her own lane while Katy and Nicki are scrapping at the leftover pieces Gaga's construction company left on the side of the road. Rihanna's yodeling down her singles lane. Don't see how Madonna's included since she's not part of the new generation.

Madonna was included because the name, more than any other artist, is the one you hear the most in relationship with Gaga. She has been called the "new" Madonna, but as far as this Madonna era proves its a no. :shifty:

Lady Gaga will be around for a very long time....as will Beylluminati Knowles.

Katy and Nicki are still trying to carve their niche...since they're replaceable.

Rihanna is still the chameleon...and is more like Madonna than Gaga in terms of reinventing herself.

Madonna will continue jumping rope onstage until she breaks a hip.

• Upvote 1

Madonna needs to break this bullshit cycle of only releasing 2-and-a-bit singles per album and then hitting the road. She's benefited from touring so well these past ten years that her albums are starting to feel like just an excuse to go out and break more records. She hasn't extended an era beyond three proper singles and videos since Ray Of Light.

• Upvote 1

If you're not an internet/blog/forum junkie it seems like this era seemed kind of forgettable aside from the lead single.

Pretty much :coffee:

Neither Gaga, Bey or for good measure Britney, are factors at the moment. Doesn't mean they won't rule shit in the near future, but right now, folks aren't checking for them. Gaga threw everything but the kitchen sink at the public, but Adele still won. Britney had some strong singles, but her albums and status are on the decline. She'll never fully comeback until she's off the meds and i don't see that happening. Beyonce's in the same boat as britney, minus the meds and minus the HIT singles. Her brand is stale and predictable. Her performance at the billboard awards was amazing. But it was the billboard awards, not the Grammys. Her little stunt at the MTV awards did nothing for her album sells. All three need a break from the spotlight because they've over saturated the market.

Beyonce can always come back hard with the right song. Beyonce just seems to have a certain magic with the public. People really love her.

Rihanna is steady, but with Rihanna it's like, once the songs stop selling, she'll fade out QUICK, then again, Rihanna is embraced massively by the young crowd

Nicki could be really big to be honest. She's pretty big because she's in demand across the world. Her fan base is growing and she has a great appeal

Katy perry .... I don't get her

Lady Gaga ... she has a massive fan base to work with. She'll have no probs. Seems like she's in abit of a rut lately though

I love Rihanna, but she needs to take a break. She's the only one to punch herself out the game with the constant releasing of an album every year.

Beyonce's "4" era probably would have been good if she didn't lead off with RTW..it was NOT representative of that album and it seems she was competing with the other gals. It was a good video, but the song was just meh. Luckily for her, she is a good performer and has some kind of interest because she's a new mom.

Lady Gaga just did too much too soon. The public grew tired of her and now she realizes that she has to come harder..luckily for her, she can put on a good show and tour.

Nicki.. :filenails: She needs to stick to hip hop. We have Katy Perry, Rihanna, etc. for those dance/pop songs.

I still don't get Katy's appeal..but she's selling so.. :unsure:

I'm so tired of everyone listed that I'm almost ready for Kesha to come back again :umm:

I feel like a new girl will be the "it" thing soon as far as pop music goes.

And all the new men in pop music (Jason Derulo, Tao Cruz, Bruno Mars) just didn't stick. (Except Bruno). We need an alternative to Chris Brown.

I'm so tired of everyone listed that I'm almost ready for Kesha to come back again :umm:

I feel like a new girl will be the "it" thing soon as far as pop music goes.

And all the new men in pop music (Jason Derulo, Tao Cruz, Bruno Mars) just didn't stick. (Except Bruno). We need an alternative to Chris Brown.

I'm patiently waiting for Ke$ha's album. Last year she said it will contain Rock and Roll elements.

Rihanna, Katy, and Nicki are still struggling to get to where Beyonce was years ago.

Gaga, in ~4 years, has already eclipsed the aforementioned three, so she's on her way to bigger things. She just needs to step it up.

And Madonna and her pompous attitude will continue to be a pretentious dinosaur who sets and breaks records with no real purpose for doing it, and doing it just because she can.

• Upvote 1