Nelly Furtado - 'The Spirit Indestructible'

TwistedElegance™

• 1 month later...

'Something' feat. Nas leaked in full last week (and I love it), but it's not single material. This is turning into a shambles. -_-

I'll have to YouTube it later.

What happened to:

“It has a real classic sound to it, a sound that’s really authentic, super soulful,” said Nelly of her new music.

>_<

I'll have to YouTube it later.

What happened to:

“It has a real classic sound to it, a sound that’s really authentic, super soulful,” said Nelly of her new music.

>_<

-_-

Her next move will be very interesting. Do you think "push back" means "calling Timbaland"? He's not hot right now, but they have undeniable chemistry. -_-

• 1 month later...

-_-

Her next move will be very interesting. Do you think "push back" means "calling Timbaland"? He's not hot right now, but they have undeniable chemistry. -_-

I'm surprised there's no Timbaland on this one.

It's like when Brandy ditched Darkchild for Timbaland. lol

• 1 month later...

If the album fell in New York City... It still wouldn't make a sound

-_-

I tried to listen to the album last night but couldn't make it all the way through. It seriously sounds like a headache.

I downloaded it this morning. I got home, skimmed through 1.5 songs and went back to P!nk's album. :asham:

She really lost it with this album. :umm:

• 2 weeks later...

Tuesday, September 25th 2012

Nelly Furtado’s ‘Spirit Indestructible’ Bombs / Sells 3% Of Last Album Opening

nelly furtado the spirit indestructible album cover tgj Nelly Furtados Spirit Indestructible Bombs / Sells 3% Of Last Album Opening

These days a six week industry hiatus runs risk of folk forgetting you; hence a six year break is arguably asking for it.

Case, point Nelly Furtado, who’ll need to channel the title of her new album ‘The Spirit Indestructible’ to get over its shocking chart performance this week.

Preceded by singles ‘Big Hoops’, ‘Parking Lot’, and its title track, the LP (which is Furtado’s first traditional release since 2006′s super-seller ‘Loose’) is on course to debut with shocking numbers.

Details after the jump…

According to Hits Daily Double, ‘Indestructible’ is set to debut outside of the top 50 of the Billboard 200 with sales of less an 7000 copies. Yes, you read right. To put it into perspective, the sales represent approximately 3% of the first-week figures for ‘Loose’ – which opened at #1 with sales of 219,000 in June 2006.

And as if not bad enough, the LP’s fortunes aren’t any better in Britain where it debuted at #46 on the Official UK Album Chart after selling just 2637 units.