The Janet Jackson Praise Thread

Mr. Wonder

I know this isn't news but I was reading the first two paragraphs of this earlier today and they continue to slaughter my soul. The concept, the subject matters, the genre-bending, the praise... all through Her hands.

tumblr_mga6o74FRv1rygabro2_250.gif

A masterpiece indeed. Changing the game once again and putting her peers to shame.

• Upvote 1

I think he is just trying to say that her voice is childlike and erotic without sounding to pervy lol

I just got finished listening 'Tonights the Night' and the way she sings on that song is very strangely erotic because she does sound like a little girl. Its weird as hell, but somehow it works.

There's an upcoming episode of A.N.T. Farm about Black History Month. What is your character Chyna up to in the episode?

CHINA ANNE MCCLAIN:

My character has to put together this presentation for Black History Month, and she's struggling because she's trying to [write] a song that really incorporates black music and black artists. She's really struggling with how [to] fit all of this stuff into a minute-long song. So when she goes into her studio, trying to come up with ideas, she falls into this [dream] world, where she actually becomes people like [jazz singer] Ella Fitzgerald, [pop singer] Janet Jackson and [soul singer] Aretha Franklin. It was really amazing for me personally because I really do love these women a lot. I studied for it. This is a really big episode for me.

CHINA:

I think my favorite part of this episode was all of the costumes. [Dressing up as] Janet Jackson was awesome.

http://www.timeforkids.com/news/history-music/70176

Michael K. Williams on Playing Omar on ‘The Wire,’ Discovering Snoop, and How Janet Jackson Changed His Life

You were a professional dancer and choreographer before you started acting. How did you initially get into dance?

I was always dancing. I came out the womb dancing. But before I became a professional dancer, I was 23 years old, working for Pfizer pharmaceuticals and going to BMCC — a.k.a. the thirteenth grade. I had a very turbulent teenage life — drugs, rehab, all that crap — and that was my way of getting my life together, going to school, getting a job. And then here comes Janet Jackson flashing her ass across the screen, talking about Rhythm Nation — I went crazy. I set off to become a Janet Jackson dancer. I wore the tour jacket, the Doc Marten boots, all that. She inspired the shit out of me.

http://www.vulture.com/2008/01/michael_k_williams_on_playing.html

• Upvote 1

Michael K. Williams on Playing Omar on ‘The Wire,’ Discovering Snoop, and How Janet Jackson Changed His Life

You were a professional dancer and choreographer before you started acting. How did you initially get into dance?

I was always dancing. I came out the womb dancing. But before I became a professional dancer, I was 23 years old, working for Pfizer pharmaceuticals and going to BMCC — a.k.a. the thirteenth grade. I had a very turbulent teenage life — drugs, rehab, all that crap — and that was my way of getting my life together, going to school, getting a job. And then here comes Janet Jackson flashing her ass across the screen, talking about Rhythm Nation — I went crazy. I set off to become a Janet Jackson dancer. I wore the tour jacket, the Doc Marten boots, all that. She inspired the shit out of me.

http://www.vulture.c...on_playing.html

And that is all she wants to do and why I love her so much. Lift them up Janhova and let them be born in your light. YAS!!!!