The Janet Jackson Praise Thread

Mr. Wonder

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this might be old news to some but.....

In the new Ebony, Rachel Jeantel (friend of the late Trayvon Martin) is treated to a make-over and in the article she states that Janet Jackson is her ultimate style icon. This information can be found on page 58. Janhova's influence knows no bounds. -_-

• Upvote 1

this might be old news to some but.....

In the new Ebony, Rachel Jeantel (friend of the late Trayvon Martin) is treated to a make-over and in the article she states that Janet Jackson is her ultimate style icon. This information can be found on page 58. Janhova's influence knows no bounds. -_-

a while back when the case was going on she had posted a video or screen cap of Janet in the video "That's The Way Love Goes"

• 1 month later...

I heard Janet and Aaliyah already did something together with the help of Missy but it was never released

I don't think they did. I'm pretty sure Janet said they didn't get a chance to do something together except talk when she did that tribute to Aaliyah at the VMAs

Even right before Aaliyah died..she said out of her mouth theie managers tried to work out their schedules to make room for studio time for them to work together but it just didn't happen. Point blank. I'm not here for these llil rumors of a recording was done by them... Ridiculous bullshit :lol: hell even Janet would have said if her and Aaliyah had started on something .

Even right before Aaliyah died..she said out of her mouth theie managers tried to work out their schedules to make room for studio time for them to work together but it just didn't happen. Point blank. I'm not here for these llil rumors of a recording was done by them... Ridiculous bullshit :lol: hell even Janet would have said if her and Aaliyah had started on something .

I'm sure Missys big mouth would have confirmed something :lol:

I heard Janet and Aaliyah already did something together with the help of Missy but it was never released

They were going to work together for AFY album but their schedule never allowed them too. They wanted to work for the next project but we all know what happened after so yeah, it never happened.

As for Missy, it seems like she has a hold on a remix Janet and Kim (i think it was Kim) did for her but she never released her album so it's yet another track we wont ever hear :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Kelela Mizanekristos — the Los Angeles-based, Ethiopia-descended R&B and electro pop singer

"In a phone conversation from her home in L.A., we talked to Kelela about the racial dynamics beneath R&B's resurgence, putting on skits for her parents as a child and invoking Janet Jackson on her forthcoming Arca and Hudson Mohawke produced debut album.

For the album I'd like to take it further. I want to make it so that every song is super, ultra epic and there are a million interludes. I want it to be Janet vibes. That's where I'm trying to take it. Really huge songs that you wanna hear really loud, and then songs that you want to hear in your bedroom with your girlfriend or boyfriend."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/the-juice/5793300/kelela-talks-saint-heron-rbs-racial-politics-working-with-arca

Pink on Janet:

I was speaking recently with Ryan Tedder about you, and he said that you've "quietly become the biggest pop star in the world." Why do you think that is?

Isn't that funny? "Quietly." Because I keep my head to the dirt and I just f*cking pound the pavement. And I'm in a stable of show horses, of prized ponies, and I learn from the best. You can't compare anybody to the Tina Turners and the Chers and the Sades and the Janet Jacksons—yet. And to me, they're touring artists, they're lifelong legendary touring artists. Bette Midler—these are my gods. I'm not after having a radio hit, I'm after making people cry in concert.

http://www.billboard...ear-qa?page=0,1

WHITNEY WOLANIN

Whitney Wolanin inks her longest Adult Contemporary chart run, as "Wrong Guy (I Did It This Time)" (TopNotch) bullets at No. 17 in its 21st week. Wolanin arrived with "Honesty," which reached No. 23 in a 20-week chart life last year. Long before she performed at the 2012 London Olympics and opened for such acts as the Beach Boys, "I was pretending to be Janet Jackson at a very young age," she says. "There's video proof of this. [but] it's sealed in a vault, so don't even think about it."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/4659151/bubbling-under-zendaya-hits-replay-for-the-first-time