'The Girl Is Mine' Vs. 'The Boy Is Mine'

TwistedElegance™

17 members have voted

1. 1. 'The Girl Is Mine' Vs. 'The Boy Is Mine'

• [img]http://i51.tinypic.com/359ln5c.jpg[/img]
    • [img]http://i54.tinypic.com/1678j9y.jpg[/img]

But I didn't like when Monica named her album after the song.. :fail:

Yeah, that was shady. Especially considering Brandy had a writing credit and Monica didn't.

What kind of "great" video could you really do with a song like that? ..It fit well :rolleyes:

They could've kept the same theme but made it more visually appealing. I didn't like the dark rooms.

EXACTLY!!!! :lmao::lmao: I was like REALLY, MONICA??? I didn't get it... :mellow:

Did she ever actually explain why she went with that title (aside from the obvious)?

I think she explained it on some interview, but I wasn't having it. It didn't sit well with me. But Monica was killing the singles and I enjoyed all the songs on the album.

She really did. 'Angel Of Mine', 'Street Symphony' (that video! :blush:), 'The First Night'. :wub:

I did not like "The First Night" on the first listen. Everyone loved the song around me, so I guess I was influenced to like it. But "Angel Of Mine" was my shit!! Ugh.. :blush:

I did not like "The First Night" on the first listen. Everyone loved the song around me, so I guess I was influenced to like it. But "Angel Of Mine" was my shit!! Ugh.. :blush:

I always loved that it didn't sound like a hit, but it was. It has a great vibe to it. 'Angel Of Mine' is heaven - I love both versions, but Monica slayed with hers. And I love, love, love her cover of 'Right Here Waiting'. :wub:

I always loved that it didn't sound like a hit, but it was. It has a great vibe to it. 'Angel Of Mine' is heaven - I love both versions, but Monica slayed with hers. And I love, love, love her cover of 'Right Here Waiting'. :wub:

Yep! I didn't think it was going to be big, but people LOVED that song.

I'm an MJ stan, but "The boy is mine" was 10 times better. It was # 1 for 13 weeks for a reason. I loved the video, I loved the rooms in the video, I loved the ending of the video, the conversation that they have at the start of the song gives me LIFE :excited: , I loved the shade they threw at each other in the video, I loved that the song won a grammy, I loved that Brandy was watching Jerry Springer at the start of the video, I loved the way Monica's hair bends when she has her head against the wall ear hustling......... I just loved everything about that duet. :dance::blush::wub:-_-

Archived