Rihanna's BATTLESHIP (the movie) FLOPPING?

where's the Navy y'all?

http://boxofficemojo...=battleship.htm

Ummm 9 million on a Friday :blink: a 200 million dollar budget and 9 million on a Friday :umm:

#oop

it did VERY well overseas tho (215M).. but Americans weren't feeling it?

ScreenShot2012-05-19at75329PM.png

Battleship's international gross of $226.8 million provides some cushion, but it needed a strong domestic performance to end up in the black. A $26 million opening means the movie might not clear $70 million or $80 over the long haul domestically, resulting in a notable loss for Universal.
  • Downvote 1

Dead at universal studios saving face by under stating the budget . The budget was 250mill ...marketing budget was 100 mill they spent 350mill on this flop and are barely going to break even .To say its a flop is an understatement .Makes John carter look like freaking avengers .

IMO rihanna was a big turn off for this movie .they should have hired emma stone ,charlize theron or some other chick that can actually put people in seats . Hell people are not even willing to see rihana in concert in the usa ,how are they gonna sit through a 2hour movie with her in it

Can you really call it a flop at this point? I'm sure it will do at least 450 world wide, and after dvd sales, merchandise tie-ins and cable rights they will green light the sequel.

9 million on opening night :umm: i think we can call it a domestic flop

i don't think we'll be seeing a sequel...

That shit's 2+ hrs long? :umm:

name a high budget movie that's not 2 hours long LOL

Dead at universal studios saving face by under stating the budget . The budget was 250mill ...marketing budget was 100 mill they spent 350mill on this flop and are barely going to break even .To say its a flop is an understatement .Makes John carter look like freaking avengers .

IMO rihanna was a big turn off for this movie .they should have hired emma stone ,charlize theron or some other chick that can actually put people in seats . Hell people are not even willing to see rihana in concert in the usa ,how are they gonna sit through a 2hour movie with her in it

Dead

Also Rihanna's part is rather minuscule..to act like she's the star of the movie and therefore takes on the brunt of its domestic failure is just plain stupid..

well then the studio is stupid for promoting her involvement in the movie :umm:

this was "Rihanna's big break" in hollywood, so to speak... star or not.. she was blow up by the media... and the studio

I knew it'd flop in America but I'm surprised how well it did overseas.

How do you know this when every article is saying $200,000,000? You like to use the word @receipts@ on others so how about providing some yourself?

it did VERY well overseas tho (215M)

All that matters. :thumbup:

It's not in the genre of films that I go running to at the movies (unless I'm with friends and my movie gets out voted) for any reason, the only person who'd be in this kind of movie and have me not waiting for DVD is Janet. So it makes no never mind to me, worldwide it beat it's budget so well done

I knew it'd flop in America but I'm surprised how well it did overseas.

How do you know this when every article is saying $200,000,000? You like to use the word @receipts@ on others so how about providing some yourself?

I know my what i say .the marketing budget alone was 100mill its never included in the production budgets press releases .research it .its not that hard to find .Same with avengers , transformers etc

And 200mill overseas is still a flop when it won't even break even . somebody is getting fired and there will be no sequel

I know my what i say .the marketing budget alone was 100mill its never included in the production budgets press releases .research it .its not that hard to find .Same with avengers , transformers etc

And 200mill overseas is still a flop when it won't even break even . somebody is getting fired and there will be no sequel

I've already Googled and found nothing to support your claims so I ask yet again...please back up these 'facts' you are spouting out with reliable evidence :). You always seem to make such statements and never provide the jury with anything to go with especially when asked.

I get not wanting to see RiRi on the big screen, but I did not know she was not pulling in an audience to her concerts? :unsure:

I've already Googled and found nothing to support your claims so I ask yet again...please back up these 'facts' you are spouting out with reliable evidence :). You always seem to make such statements and never provide the jury with anything to go with especially when asked.

he does that a lot...

:lmao: at Rihanna haters, I love them...every time they come after her, I cum and I cum on this site often. :wub:

yes.. we are all Rihanna haters because we're the one who set her movie up for domestic failure :sigh:

either add to the conversation or not... don't be coming up in here being delusional and thinking everyone hates Rihanna because her movie isnt' doing well in the MovieMania of the world..