Rihanna's BATTLESHIP (the movie) FLOPPING?

As long as the film recoups the costs, then it's a success.

Nobody wants to see that movie cuz The Avengers is Adeleing the movie industry right now.

:thumbup: That's one reason. I've never heard of The Avengers (not really familiar with comic books or action figures), but it's doing too damn well! I need to do my homework on the franchise and find out what's so great about it.

yes.. we are all Rihanna haters because we're the one who set her movie up for domestic failure :sigh:

either add to the conversation or not... don't be coming up in here being delusional and thinking everyone hates Rihanna because her movie isnt' doing well in the MovieMania of the world..

Examples of hate.

Exhibit A

What person in their right mind would want to pay to see that in concert?

Exhibit B

IMO rihanna was a big turn off for this movie .they should have hired emma stone ,charlize theron or some other chick that can actually put people in seats . Hell people are not even willing to see rihana in concert in the usa ,how are they gonna sit through a 2hour movie with her in it

Rihanna is a supporting role. Her name is in the title of the thread. She did not produce or direct the movie and clearly, because "Battleship" isn't grossing beyond the expectations of certain folks here, it's used as yet another avenue to vent out against Rihanna. Rihanna's Battleship? Please!

And then the thread is about the movie, yet someone has to take a swipe at her concert attendance. I didn't realize a tour that grosses $90 million was a failure. :whistle:

Have any of you actually seen the movie?

And lastly Debbie Downer, don't give me directions. Do not need from you or anyone else for that matter.

As long as the film recoups the costs, then it's a success.

Nobody wants to see that movie cuz The Avengers is Adeleing the movie industry right now.

The Avengers has been sold out here since it's been released. It's pissing me off, because I seriously want to see it. Guess I'll be waiting for the dvd release. -_-

Rihanna is a supporting role. Her name is in the title of the thread. She did not produce or direct the movie and clearly, because "Battleship" isn't grossing beyond the expectations of certain folks here, it's used as yet another avenue to vent out against Rihanna. Rihanna's Battleship? Please!

And then the thread is about the movie, yet someone has to take a swipe at her concert attendance. I didn't realize a tour that grosses $90 million was a failure. :whistle:

And lastly Debbie Downer, don't give me directions. Do not need from you or anyone else for that matter.

Rihanna may be a supporting role but the studios promoted it with her name plastered on billboards and posters across this nation...

no one in this country has seen the movie :lmao:

What person in their right mind would want to pay to see that in concert?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

@ the game smh i might as well just post

Universal's "Battleship" is getting torpedoed at the domestic box office, with early Friday estimates putting the big-budget tentpole at $11.5 million for the day, $31 million for the weekend.

After raking in a modest $220 million overseas, U was hoping the film -- which U insists cost $209 million, though its budget has been rumored much higher -- would make a bigger splash Stateside.

Instead, the film has become the latest victim of Disney's B.O. titan, "The Avengers," which is on track to earn $55 million-$60 million for the weekend, notching a third consecutive win for Marvel's league of superheroes.

"It's going to be a long shot," one exec says of "Battleship's" chances of breaching $100 million domestically.

variety

CANNES -- Universal and Hasbro Entertainment's big-budget Battleship barely left port in its North American launch, grossing a dismal $25.3 million.

That's well below the anticipated $35 million to $40 million that Universal and director Peter Berg were hoping for. Battleship, designed to put the studio squarely in the tentpole game, cost at least $209 million to produce, excluding a pricey marketing spend.

Battleship's international gross of $226.8 million provides some cushion, but it needed a strong domestic performance to end up in the black. A $26 million opening means the movie might not clear $70 million or $80 over the long haul domestically, resulting in a notable loss for Universal.

Hollywood reporter

Universal Pictures sunk $220 million (not including its massive advertising budget) into the new Peter Berg Battleship movie, which was torpedoed at the North American box office with a meager $9.5 million opening day and a $25.4 million opening weekend. While the movie has already made $226.8

Forbes

You do know that theaters keep half of the box-office receipts ..so battlefield needs to make at least 600mill to see any kind of profit .

That why even though john carter made 270mill for disney ..disney still lost 200mill dollars .

So even with 200mill world wide battlefield will probably be the biggest flop of any popstar

You do know that theaters keep half of the box-office receipts ..so battlefield needs to make at least 600mill to see any kind of profit .

That why even thug john carter made 270mill for disney ..disney still lost 200mill dollars .

So even with 200mill world wide battlefield will probably be the biggest flop of any popstar

there ya go people... the evidence to why Battleship has sunk... and Rihanna's gonna go down with that ship :lmao: acting wise

Oh and another thing movie studios don't make movies to recoup budget costs .the make them for PROFIT. They are in no way happy about this .

Funny if this movie had grossed avenger number's . The success would have been attributed to rihanna's name but now its flops .she is not the lead blah blah . :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

@ the game smh i might as well just post

variety

Hollywood reporter

Forbes

That why even though john carter made 270mill for disney ..disney still lost 200mill dollars .

There...that wasn't hard was it :clapping:. Why don't they state the actual cost though? Do they not get disclosed?

Oh and another thing movie studios don't make movies to recoup budget costs .the make them for PROFIT. They are in no way happy about this .

Funny if this movie had grossed avenger number's . The success would have been attributed to rihanna's name but now its flops .she is not the lead blah blah . :lmao:

:lmao: exactly... the Rihanna Navy has lost this battle... and now is going on a PR-Damage Mode

Janet Jackson wasn't the lead for FCG but we all know who filled the seats for that Tyler Perry Movie :whistle:

There...that wasn't hard was it :clapping:. Why don't they state the actual cost though? Do they not get disclosed?

they don't have to disclose how much it cost to produce a movie... or the budget behind the promotion...

the only reason companies do that is because it can promote the movie itself... if a studio was spending big bucks on something... a lot of people want to see what they're spending it on

they don't have to disclose how much it cost to produce a movie... or the budget behind the promotion...

the only reason companies do that is because it can promote the movie itself... if a studio was spending big bucks on something... a lot of people want to see what they're spending it on

And then the movie flops....:asham:

:thumbup: That's one reason. I've never heard of The Avengers (not really familiar with comic books or action figures), but it's doing too damn well! I need to do my homework on the franchise and find out what's so great about it.

Examples of hate.

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

That's no hate that is just the truth. Who wants to pay money to see some slut model a microphone and make my ears bleed?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1