What is your Janet track of the day?

bu.

Scratch that. It's hard to pick one especially when the Rhythm Nation album spouted perfect songs! But right now this song is on constant repeat:

LWNDWY_single_cover.jpg

This is truly of one Janet's best imo. I've said this before but it's perfection lies in it's simplicity. The video is beautifully shot. The song is just truly perfect. Her vocals on this slay. The way she increments her octaves towards the end >>>>

• Upvote 2

Probably the most unique and best Janet song ever is 'if' - it's not always my favourite but it started a movement with the gays and gals - learning the lyrics and the moves kept us busy for days......guess you had to be there ;)

Probably the most unique and best Janet song ever is 'if' - it's not always my favourite but it started a movement with the gays and gals - learning the lyrics and the moves kept us busy for days......guess you had to be there ;)

Thats the KEY thing... the young folks and/or fans who jumped on the Janet train AFTER the janet era have no actual concept of how larger than life that era was and particularly "If". Today,I'm a lil over it because its worn out..but back then..it was the END TO ALL. Even non Jant fans were crazyyyyyyyy about "If"... it shut everyone up and shut everything DOWN!

Well at least it's a single from her best album.

You'd pick Miss You Much wouldn't you?

An excellent choice. It really is among her all-time best :wub:

I'm loving it more these days. Like I've always loved it but for some reason lately the lyrics mean so much more to me which is weird because I'm not in a relationship. I seem to think more of my closest friends who have been with me through some of the most pressing of times. You'd think I'd pick Alright for that haha.

My favorite from RN. ^_^

:wub:! It's heaven sent!

One of her best singles, not as good as my fave CBTM though. Still heart yew Bu! :wub:

Come Back To Me is my favourite ballad from her along with Lonely. I always class them two as one song :lol:. The way they transition into one another >>>>

Y'all overrate the HELL outta that song..My GOD. :lol:

It's one of her most underrated singles IMO.

If is amazing. to this day I still can't do the dance moves even though I try so hard. It was the song I was looing most forward too when we saw her live and I made sure to record the breakdown :lol:

Thats the KEY thing... the young folks and/or fans who jumped on the Janet train AFTER the janet era have no actual concept of how larger than life that era was and particularly "If". Today,I'm a lil over it because its worn out..but back then..it was the END TO ALL. Even non Jant fans were crazyyyyyyyy about "If"... it shut everyone up and shut everything DOWN!

tis true. i remember the folks that always gave me grief over janet had nothing to say when that video dropped. they were gagging. :blush:

I Really dont know, for me its a toss up between LWND & TTWLG, like almost a perfect tie, but LWND might be mine because of the vocals and the instrumentals and the adlibs...it's tough for me to pick 1 Janet song tho, but if I had to right now itd be that.

But at the same time TTWLG is so completely genius because its such an eclectic song it fits everything, you can have a dance routine with it, you can slow dance to it, you can groove to it, you can fuck to it, and you can just relax to it. I mean really, again, genius.

I just love it :wub:! It makes me feel so good. I was walking to town yesterday listening to it. I stopped at a bus stop and did this:

tumblr_lu372eErJ31r22325o2_500.gif

An old woman looked at me and I turned like this:

tumblr_ltdiatLPIM1r22325o1_500.gif

And then i couldn't walk straight. I was groove walking

tumblr_lw87df1Pvz1qgcra2o1_500.gif

• Upvote 3

:lmao:

Don't get me started on what Miss You Much does to me :lol:! My mother still has the scar on her forhead :ph34r:

This is the BEST remix of it because it shocases her vocals entirely (ESPECIALLY AT THAT WHISTLE POINT) and it GIVES you the fullness of the background vocals. This song hands down has my fave background harmony's and I'm glad this mix really shows them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-IrNpa6a5c

I love this remix :)! I need to start listening to her remixes more. Aside from the remix albums and a couple of Rhythm Nation single remixes I don't really touch them.

Don't get me started on what Miss You Much does to me :lol:! My mother still has the scar on her forhead :ph34r:

I love this remix :)! I need to start listening to her remixes more. Aside from the remix albums and a couple of Rhythm Nation single remixes I don't really touch them.

Yes you do, I realized that about myself (cause I REALLY dont care much for remixes unless its a completely different vocal recording of it), until I stumbled accross this Escapade mix....with a completely different vocal recording/sound, and it got me to checking out other mixes, still not a remix guy but Janet has alot of really great 1's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0Z4VJI6icXA (vocal starts at 1:53, lot of music repeating before that)

THIS SLAYS SOOOO HARD, wish someone would make a hot mix with the vocals from the original and the vocal from this and find a way to slam it together with a HOTT beat

Changed the name of the thread as I have a new favourite every day. Today I've had this on repeat:

I was walking into starbucks when the barista said "medium mocha cookie crumble frappe, right?". It was a coincidence that I did the Escapade clap whilst walking :wub: as if to say yes.

Changed the name of the thread as I have a new favourite every day. Today I've had this on repeat:

I was walking into starbucks when the barista said "medium mocha cookie crumble frappe, right?". It was a coincidence that I did the Escapade clap whilst walking :wub: as if to say yes.

:asham: Yall are a mess. :asham: