Your random artist of the moment other than Janet...

RedSimba

Has anyone ever heard "That's Not Cool" by Travie McCoy? I'm going to scrap "Turnin' Me On" and place that song in its spot. For some reason, I'm REALLY feelin' it...I've been playing it a bunch for a few months now, but it's truly grown into one of my favorite songs of 2010. That chorus is HUGE, and dramatic! That's my kind of song right there, I love an emotional vocal. Travie delivered, even if it is slightly auto-tuned/vocally enhanced.

Has anyone ever heard "That's Not Cool" by Travie McCoy? I'm going to scrap "Turnin' Me On" and place that song in its spot. For some reason, I'm REALLY feelin' it...I've been playing it a bunch for a few months now, but it's truly grown into one of my favorite songs of 2010. That chorus is HUGE, and dramatic! That's my kind of song right there, I love an emotional vocal. Travie delivered, even if it is slightly auto-tuned/vocally enhanced.

Yes! For the life of me I can't work out why it didn't make his album, considering most of the other tracks which did. :umm: ...'Billionaire' was still one of my top singles of the year though.

Yes! For the life of me I can't work out why it didn't make his album, considering most of the other tracks which did. :umm: ...'Billionaire' was still one of my top singles of the year though.

Ah! I'm glad you heard it...I can't seem to find many who have before, I think it's great!!! Yes, "Billionaire" was by far one of the better singles of the year...he came from out of nowhere with that huge record and shocked the hell outta me. Of course I knew he rapped, but I still see him as the lead singer of the Gym Class Heroes, lol. He definitely did his thing last year.

TE, you're one of my favorite posters on this board and I highly respect your musical opinion, we seem to have a lot of similar tastes. Do you recomend that I check out his album? I haven't hear much of anything on it. I love "That's Not Cool"...is there much of anything like that on it?

Ah! I'm glad you heard it...I can't seem to find many who have before, I think it's great!!! Yes, "Billionaire" was by far one of the better singles of the year...he came from out of nowhere with that huge record and shocked the hell outta me. Of course I knew he rapped, but I still see him as the lead singer of the Gym Class Heroes, lol. He definitely did his thing last year.

TE, I highly respect your musical opinion, we seem to have a lot of similar tastes. Do you recomend that I check out his album? I haven't hear much of anything on it. I love "That's Not Cool"...is there much of anything like that on it?

Yeah, I was surprised too. I can't say much for him being the lead though because my fave tracks from Gym Class Heroes always feature a guest artist on lead vocals. >_<:lol:

Thanks, LL, likewise. :blush: We do have a lot of similar tastes, and for that reason I don't recommend it. 'Billionaire' is the sole high point. Maybe just download 'Need You' and 'Dr. Feel Good' (with Cee Lo), but neither of them are like 'That Ain't Cool'. It would have been a good idea to get Bruno on another track or two, because the album lacks big choruses.

Yeah, I was surprised too. I can't say much for him being the lead though because my fave tracks from Gym Class Heroes always feature a guest artist on lead vocals. >_<:lol:

Thanks, LL, likewise. :blush: We do have a lot of similar tastes, and for that reason I don't recommend it. 'Billionaire' is the sole high point. Maybe just download 'Need You' and 'Dr. Feel Good' (with Cee Lo), but neither of them are like 'That Ain't Cool'. It would have been a good idea to get Bruno on another track or two, because the album lacks big choruses.

Haha, true true. The GCH weren't really a favorite of mine, only liked a couple songs of theirs and come to think of it, one of them does have a featured guest on it, lol.

:) Excellent, I'm definitely going to check it out then. By the way, speaking of Bruno Mars...you WEREN'T lieing about his album, with those songs full of big choruses! Almost all of them are memorable. Like you said, "Talking To The Moon" wound up being one of my favorites on the album, along with "Grenade", "Our First Time", "Runaway Baby", "Just The Way You Are" & "Liquor Store Blues".

Haha, true true. The GCH weren't really a favorite of mine, only liked a couple songs of theirs and come to think of it, one of them does have a featured guest on it, lol.

:) Excellent, I'm definitely going to check it out then. By the way, speaking of Bruno Mars...you WEREN'T lieing about his album, with those songs full of big choruses! Almost all of them are memorable. Like you said, "Talking To The Moon" wound up being one of my favorites on the album, along with "Grenade", "Our First Time", "Runaway Baby", "Just The Way You Are" & "Liquor Store Blues".

Ahh, I knew you'd love it. And I'm glad 'Talking To The Moon' is a fave of yours, I still can't get enough of it. Yeah, I swear that guy could write a hook in his sleep. :lol:

Did you agree with many of my picks for singles of the year?

Ahh, I knew you'd love it. And I'm glad 'Talking To The Moon' is a fave of yours, I still can't get enough of it. Yeah, I swear that guy could write a hook in his sleep. :lol:

Did you agree with many of my picks for singles of the year?

You know me well man! Haha. I'm with you, the song is excellent. He really put together a great debut. Yes, he definitely knows his way around a hot hook, dude is mad talented.

Ahhh, I'm glad you brought this up. I meant to respond to that thread a long time ago, but then I left the board for a while. First of all, props to you for taking the time to list your top 50 singles of the year! You were so thorough and neat in that thread, I was trippin when I was reading through it. Looking at it from a completely neutral standpoint, I would have to agree with at least 85% of your list. While I didn't like some of the songs, there's no doubting that those were among the elite singles of the year. I was thrilled to see you included Kelis in there (I feel that she doesn't get her props most of the time in this industry), as well as "XXXO" by M.I.A., "Billionaire" by Travie/Bruno, "You Lost Me" by Christina, "Soldier Of Love" by Sade, "Find Your Love" by Drake, "Nothin' On You" by B.O.B/Bruno, "Fuck You" by Cee Lo, "Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)" by Alicia, and obviously "Grenade" by Bruno Mars.

I would have had to take about 7 or so off and put "Nothing" & "Make Me" by Janet, "Whip My Hair" by Willow, "Hey Soul Sister" by Train, "Cooler Than Me" by Mike Posner, "Been A Bad Girl" by Khia, and "Tonight" by Enrique Iglesias on there.

But for the most part, I was surprised by how many of the songs that you listed would make my list (if I had the mental capacity to be able to attempt to list 50 songs!) :lmao: Bravo my friend!

By the way, I don't know if I've already told you that I LOVE your music threads, I hope you keep 'em coming :D

You know me well man! Haha. I'm with you, the song is excellent. He really put together a great debut. Yes, he definitely knows his way around a hot hook, dude is mad talented.

Ahhh, I'm glad you brought this up. I meant to respond to that thread a long time ago, but then I left the board for a while. First of all, props to you for taking the time to list your top 50 singles of the year! You were so thorough and neat in that thread, I was trippin when I was reading through it. Looking at it from a completely neutral standpoint, I would have to agree with at least 85% of your list. While I didn't like some of the songs, there's no doubting that those were among the elite singles of the year. I was thrilled to see you included Kelis in there (I feel that she doesn't get her props most of the time in this industry), as well as "XXXO" by M.I.A., "Billionaire" by Travie/Bruno, "You Lost Me" by Christina, "Soldier Of Love" by Sade, "Find Your Love" by Drake, "Nothin' On You" by B.O.B/Bruno, "Fuck You" by Cee Lo, "Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)" by Alicia, and obviously "Grenade" by Bruno Mars.

I would have had to take about 7 or so off and put "Nothing" & "Make Me" by Janet, "Whip My Hair" by Willow, "Hey Soul Sister" by Train, "Cooler Than Me" by Mike Posner, "Been A Bad Girl" by Khia, and "Tonight" by Enrique Iglesias on there.

But for the most part, I was surprised by how many of the songs that you listed would make my list (if I had the mental capacity to be able to attempt to list 50 songs!) :lmao: Bravo my friend!

By the way, I don't know if I've already told you that I LOVE your music threads, I hope you keep 'em coming :D

Well thank you, those are very kind words. I thought we'd agree on a lot of those since we often do most times. I really enjoy making my list each year, I've done it ever since I joined the old board in 2006. I do love 'Nothing' and even 'Whip My Hair', but there were just others I loved more. And to be annoyingly technical, 'Hey, Soul Sister' was released last year, so it made my list in 2009. ;)

I've stopped posting updates in my new music thread because of the copyright rule, but I've added a few more entries to my '90s thread. I've thought about doing an '80s thread or maybe a '00s one - I just don't know if it's worth it. :lol:

And maybe post your top 5 tracks at the moment too. :P Right now I'm listening to... ^_^

Grace+Jones+324.png

(Grace Jones) My top 5 tracks are...

1. Slave to the Rhythm

2. Love Is A Drug

3. My Jamaican Guy

4. Pull Up to the Bumper

5. La Vie En Rose

el debarge. I cant take his new cd out the player :wub: its been like a month already

Recently played from my iTunes...

Get It Right Next Time - Gerry Rafferty (he died yesterday :()

Janet Jackson - GWR Megamix (Effrem Adams Remix) excited.gif

Starlight - Michael Jackson

Slapstick - Michael Jackson

That's all... I was out today :lol:

Archived