Official Food Thread

jarrylf

Stopped by my fave seafood buffet place out here, and off the top of my mind what I had today was:

FRESH steamed Clams

Salmon Sashimi (a fave)

redtail sashimi

crab roll

spicy tuna (not too spicy for me)

frog legs

fresh coconut fried shrimp

duck

crab

tofu & crab stir fry

shrimp salad (with some PERFECT avocado)

For Desert

fresh strawberries that were as sweet as candy (which all fruit out here seems to be, so thats alright wit me)

banana pudding (the bananas they used werent ripe enough so it fucked up the whole taste, bastards)

cheesecake

and icecream, with a spoon full of warm chocolate sauce from the chocolate fountain poured over it which made the chocolate freeze like a popcicle shell.

Yes, Friday is my anything goes day, but my rule with buffets is take your time, and no your limit and dont stuff yourself to the point of walking to the car is painful. You wanna still enjoy the meal

What are some of your favorite fishes? Mine is catfish and tilapia.

I like tilapia, even though most people I know wont even touch it.

I love ahi tuna. Love getting some thick tuna steaks, marinating them in my marinade, then searing them just long enough to sear the outside but leave the inside still raw

damn my mouth is watering

What are some of your favorite fishes? Mine is catfish and tilapia.

It's definitely salmon for me, SPECIFICALLY smoked or sashimi style (like to me raw salmon SLAYS all cooked/baked salmon) but I love pretty much all fish, like I've tried TONS and theres literally nothing that comes to mind that I havent enjoyed, but salmon...mmm thats special for me.

If ya thought I was soft in my love for fish, well I went to the boardwalk today annnnd....

0603121816a.jpg0603121836.jpg

........I dont play when it comes to fish, I cleaned that fucker out, brain & all.....dont fucks wit me & my fish....I'll cut a bitch

Oh and I had the freshest oysters I've ever had in ma life, delisious. I LOVE CALIFORNIA!!!

OK guys got a new question for all

Which do you prefer, HOTT off the stove (still smokin) or room temperature (not cold but still a lil warmth and freshness)?

I've been room temperature kinda guy all my life (even wit cold deserts). I cant stand eating HOTTTTTT off the stove stuff cause I dont want to spend time blowing my food before I eat it. My grandmother LOVES eating food that hott, I CANT, like how do you even know what your tasting when the food is that hott (and not at all talkin about spicy hott), when its that perfect room temperature level, all the seasonings have blended perfectly and you can just have at it and appreciate every taste.

OK guys got a new question for all

Which do you prefer, HOTT off the stove (still smokin) or room temperature (not cold but still a lil warmth and freshness)?

I've been room temperature kinda guy all my life (even wit cold deserts). I cant stand eating HOTTTTTT off the stove stuff cause I dont want to spend time blowing my food before I eat it. My grandmother LOVES eating food that hott, I CANT, like how do you even know what your tasting when the food is that hott (and not at all talkin about spicy hott), when its that perfect room temperature level, all the seasonings have blended perfectly and you can just have at it and appreciate every taste.

it depends

i like luke warm stuff and others i like right off the stove

it depends

i like luke warm stuff and others i like right off the stove

What are some examples of both for you?

for me the ONLY thing I can take hott off the stove and I'm not a fan of when it's been off for a while, is Grilled Cheese. But even then sometimes it's annoying how hott it is, but Im not big on grilled cheese thats over 20mins old.

What are some examples of both for you?

for me the ONLY thing I can take hott off the stove and I'm not a fan of when it's been off for a while, is Grilled Cheese. But even then sometimes it's annoying how hott it is, but Im not big on grilled cheese thats over 20mins old.

steaks, fish, and soups i like HOT

but on the flip side, I do like some soups luke warm

as for warm, i like my fries warm. I also like chicken, made any way, warm. also pizza! but i also love eating it cold!

steaks, fish, and soups i like HOT

but on the flip side, I do like some soups luke warm

as for warm, i like my fries warm. I also like chicken, made any way, warm. also pizza! but i also love eating it cold!

OMG SO CAN I, I think I might like cold Pizza more than microwaved Pizza (I really dont mind either 1). Yea for me I WILL put ice in soup to stabelize dem temperatures, BUT on ICY cold Detroit snowy days, or when I'm sick, bring it to me right off the stove.

My fave soup will always be my moms chicken soup where she'll put a whole chicken in a pot, with fresh vegitables and seasoned down to the bone, cooked over night, then ofcourse get all the bones out that you can and ENJOY, I am tellin you, it'll give the blind SIGHT lol. It's a easy thing to do, but I think we all have those mom, grandma, etc. food that tho we can make it, its never the same, and I got all the seasonings she uses and the exact timing, but to me mines so dont measure up, but I just learned it and shes been making that for over 30 years so it's really 2 different things lol.

Last night I tried Menudo, it reminded me of Chtilins like the taste was really gaimy and strong (it is cow stomach if you dont know), but when smothered in hot sauce and it was delisious, like the sauce changed the taste completely. It's not something I'm gonna ever crave, but it's not something I dont have to ever try again

for tomorrow I am cooking greens with smoke turkey legs, macaroni and cheese (baked) Dressing, and baby back ribs (charcoal grilled of course). Yea I know...I don't play :filenails:

OOOOH I'll be ova at 6, I'll bring the White Zifandel, and ma mama's ol fashioned thick caramel cake. :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Ch. You know Charcoal is a must. propane grill's look great, but they cant compare with the taste.

And I'm a good dinner guest, I'll help the dishes too lol.

ok come on boo just watch out niggas get greedy when it's good ...and when I cook it's goooooood :shifty:

• Upvote 1

ok come on boo just watch out niggas get greedy when it's good ...and when I cook it's goooooood :shifty:

Well alrighty then lol.

LOFL, I'll NEVER forget, thats when I learned I was a good cook, when I perfected my gravy recipe and I made some boneless chicken thighs, with Jasmine rice and my gravy and corn, and me and my sister dont really get along, but she yelled out her room "WHAT SMELLS SO GOOD". I'm like.........ok so I can cook lol, and it's been getting rave reviews ever since lol.

• Upvote 1

Well alrighty then lol.

LOFL, I'll NEVER forget, thats when I learned I was a good cook, when I perfected my gravy recipe and I made some boneless chicken thighs, with Jasmine rice and my gravy and corn, and me and my sister dont really get along, but she yelled out her room "WHAT SMELLS SO GOOD". I'm like.........ok so I can cook lol, and it's been getting rave reviews ever since lol.

the family LOVES my cornbread Dressing, I mean they request it for their own dinners, like could you PLEASE cook some dressing? I'm craving some of yo dressing :thumbup:

• Upvote 1

the family LOVES my cornbread Dressing, I mean they request it for their own dinners, like could you PLEASE cook some dressing? I'm craving some of yo dressing :thumbup:

Hell yea, no matter who you are, fam is the best judge of your cookin, cause more often or not they'll say it like they mean it lol, if you cant cook, sho nuff someone in yo fam will tell you, for me it was my sister, and the worst I got is "a lil too salty, not crazy nothing but salt, but you can lay off the salt a little bit", and I have, because she can say ALOT worst lol.

Had an italian burger and fries out today, it's been a long ass time :yep:

treat yourself you deserve it. If no one gives a fuck about you, you give all the fucks to be given, take care of you. Hell I wanted some Ice cream, cheated my diet but I had that ice cream dipped in chocolate and nuts, waffle cone with a caramel center :wub: