Official Thread - P!nk 'Truth' Tour Debuts on Netflix

Describe this different sound she has for each album

I'm Not Dead - lyrically her deepest album to date (IMO... some say it's Funhouse but I think it's IND)... talks about ending friendships, her being molested as a child, drug overdosing... it's a self-reflective album... her TVR

Funhouse - written purely about the break-up between her and her beau... with self-reflective songs. Songs like Sober... I Don't Believe You, Please Don't Leave Me... lyrically profound.. gotta look deeper than just the lyrics.. and that's what I love about her

The Truth About Love - written to reflect her truth on love and her relationship with her baby-daddy... on the latest album, she really doesn't dive deep into her thoughts and she had more fun on the record as well as some songs that don't deal with anything.. she was just having fun in the studio and I can tell she's in a better place now, then she was 6 years ago...

none of the songs "sound the same"... none of them can be interchangeable with the other...but as a pop/rock artist... she uses a lot of guitar... a lot of rock.. and lot of roll but plenty of deep, emotional lyrics people can relate to

some people may say "it sounds the same" but if you dive deeper in the P!nk ocean.. you'll see that nothing is truly the same... Her work doesn't need to change just because the times are changing... if it ain't broke... don't fix it (something Janet should have stuck with)

word

• Upvote 1

Lyrical content is different from having the same sound sonically

it's the same "sound" because it's the same genre... and she's not stepping out of the rock/pop world... and why would she? that's the what she's great at... that's the world she's dominated for the past decade

switching genres would kill her fan base... it's bad business.. she's a rocker and you will deal

it's the same "sound" because it's the same genre... and she's not stepping out of the rock/pop world... and why would she? that's the what she's great at... that's the world she's dominated for the past decade

switching genres would kill her fan base... it's bad business.. she's a rocker and you will deal

You don't have to switch genre's to explore a different sound within your genre. It's cool. With Pink, you know what you're going to get. She plays it safe.

Dont forget her debut was pop R&B, and her 2nd album was more pop/rock, THEN she started more Rock/pop.

With Pink, you know what you're going to get. She plays it safe.

great lyrical music and production with a depth that cannot be matched is what I know I'm going to get from P!nk

I don't think she plays it safe... just because she's selling millions doesn't mean she's "playing it safe"... the market today is too shaky to say she's playing it safe with 3 records.