The Official Brandy Thread

CK1Czar

Your logic doesn't make sense. Every artist wants to chart on the hot 100. Only a newbie would be excited at Being on a chart that no one cares about. I said the same thing when fans were raving about Janet getting a number one album on the rnb chart. No one cares!

• Upvote 2

What about us is more of a pop song, and it went to #7 on the pop charts, PID might go far but its not touching the top 10, thats pretty evident. PID could/should NEVER even be in the same sentence as What About Us, that song was was brilliant, original, Epic, & successful successful worldwide, everything PID could never even try to be

You all have been saying the same thing for the last six months and for the last six months, PID has proven you all wrong. It's time for you to give it up. "Wildest Dream is quality.", yet where is it on the charts? Below PID down. Seeing that PID wasn't released to pop, we can only compare it to the format that it was released on and PID is tied with groundbreaking What About Us. Brandy said that she is going after her urban audience this era, and if that is too "hoodrat" for you, see you in 2016 when album 7 is released. I+_2dd54f99fed9e556d5f2f188ccfef73b.gif

You all have been saying the same thing for the last six months and for the last six months, PID has proven you all wrong. It's time for you to give it up. "Wildest Dream is quality.", yet where is it on the charts? Below PID down. Seeing that PID wasn't released to pop, we can only compare it to the format that it was released on and PID is tied with groundbreaking What About Us. Brandy said that she is going after her urban audience this era, and if that is too "hoodrat" for you, see you in 2016 when album 7 is released. I+_2dd54f99fed9e556d5f2f188ccfef73b.gif

Sorry to break it to you but I'll always stand up for quality and knock trash down no matter how popular it is. My opinion does not sway on a song because of it's popularity, never has never will, it was a hoodrat song when it leaked, and it's a hood rat song even if it gets #1 on the R&B OR pop charts, which has happend. Her going her going after her strictly her urban audience (be it through trashy hoodrat music that she's to good for or quality) is not a smart move for someone calling this era their make or break era. Ch. Im already waiting on that era to snatch this 1 up with the quality 1st singles she hasnt delivered in 2 eras now, and for things to actually kick off in a good direction.

You all have been saying the same thing for the last six months and for the last six months, PID has proven you all wrong. It's time for you to give it up. "Wildest Dream is quality.", yet where is it on the charts? Below PID down. Seeing that PID wasn't released to pop, we can only compare it to the format that it was released on and PID is tied with groundbreaking What About Us. Brandy said that she is going after her urban audience this era, and if that is too "hoodrat" for you, see you in 2016 when album 7 is released.

:blink: because it's #3 on an irrelevant chart :blink:

:lmao: @ groundbreaking... RIAA says otherwise

You need to let go of the urban charts. Nobody cares about those.

How many copies did what about sell globally and how many copies has PID sold?

Its sales that matter.

lets just say... no one's buying it... and for a good reason... it's just poor-quality... it hasn't even hit Gold :lmao:

lets not compare the past to the present now.. "Brandy" and her team of writers are in a new space and is marketing this album to the "urban market" whatever that means...

I feel sorry for her truly.. lets hope the flop of this album will push her to do better on the next

tumblr_lo3lg4P3KF1qd8nya.gif

So let's just say the general consensus is that Wildest Dreams is the superior song quality wise, since it appears that the majority of the people here seem to think so. You'd rather support your girl going for the Khia crowd, than support her making music that's decent and is true to her sound?

Chile...

• Upvote 2

See, this interview suggests that she could be serving us a TVR-type album, but instead, we're getting Discipline, at least with what we've heard so far. What a let down.

Brandy is doin' whatever she can to get a hit so whether it's good music or "hood-rat" music she's gonna do it. Y'all can't expect her to continue to keep makings albums and songs that nobody wants or buys cause if it happens too many times nobody's gonna want her on their label. Look how long it took her to come out with this album. She gave Velvet Rope teas on Human and nobody brought it. As for the rave about "What About Us?" I honestly don't know how it peaked where it peaked cause I for sure didn't like it

Brandy is doin' whatever she can to get a hit so whether it's good music or "hood-rat" music she's gonna do it. Y'all can't expect her to continue to keep makings albums and songs that nobody wants or buys cause if it happens too many times nobody's gonna want her on their label. Look how long it took her to come out with this album. She gave Velvet Rope teas on Human and nobody brought it. As for the rave about "What About Us?" I honestly don't know how it peaked where it peaked cause I for sure didn't like it

Sorry but when you raise the bar I expect you to keep raising it, not lower it for sales or relevance. It's not respectable. Oh I can answer how it peaked as high as it did, it had MAD crossover appeal and was everywhere. It didnt sound like anything she's done before hand and it didnt sound like any or everything pop or R&B or hip hop radio was doing at the time, that was a whole new Brandy sound and look that was headed towards a higher level not lower and it slayed, anymore questions :coffee:

Sorry but when you raise the bar I expect you to keep raising it, not lower it for sales or relevance. It's not respectable. Oh I can answer how it peaked as high as it did, it had MAD crossover appeal and was everywhere. It didnt sound like anything she's done before hand and it didnt sound like any or everything pop or R&B or hip hop radio was doing at the time, that was a whole new Brandy sound and look that was headed towards a higher level not lower and it slayed, anymore questions :coffee:

Well damn let the girl get her foot in the door first then maybe she'll give you that respectable music you looking for. Didn't you see the video posted in this thread where she didn't even wanna be alive? She said no one was calling or anything to give her a 2nd chance back into music. She has to do whatever she can to get her foot back in the door so if this is what she gotta do then let her do it

I'm liking "Slower" but she needs to release "No Such Thing as Too Late" that's my fave so far. I also like "Wish Your Love Away" and wow at "Music" that shit sounds so hot and sexy. It gives me Janet "Rock With U" vibes. Has a jazzy Sade music type feel. That's already like my 2nd fave :thumbup:

This album slays! Slower is going to be amazing! No Such Thing is already on repeat tbh. Let Me Go sounds so much better on my Bose headphones! Without You is going to be my favourite by the sounds of it!! Hardly Breathing :excited:!!!!! Do You Know = so damn sexy!! Scared of Beautiful is gong to be really good. Wish Your Love Away is very Never Say Never / Full Moon tbh. It kind of sounds like Tomorrow actually. Paint This House is pretty good! Overall she didn't disappoint me by the sounds of it!! Her vocals are stronger than EVER!!! The harmonies are her so much stronger and they were already strong!

tumblr_maxkj953y71qi17ru.gif

My baby got a lot to learn

Come here, let mama bring you up to speed

A couple of changes, a couple of things I want to go over

A couple of hours is all I need

So lets get it started

I love the way you touching all over my body

You kissing and licking up on me

I know you wanna to beat it up, up but I'm sorry

That aint really my thing

If you take your time we can do whatever

What you think we in here for?

Baby we got all night so dont rush it

You gon get the reaction you want

Just take it slower

63.gif

:mellow: