The Official Brandy Thread

CK1Czar

Wow.......Mary J Got top billing over brandy? That must hurt considering brandy was bigger than Mary J at one time (globally speaking, not sure about the USA)

Mary is the biggest star on the bill for sure. I'm just happy Brandy is doing live shows.

PID is now in the top 20 on Rhythmic which means pop stations will start to play it. So hopefully she'll get a higher climb on the Hot 100. For a song leaked in May and added to radio in June, that's good.

That's good news!

It would be great if it crossed over. Pop stations in the bay are now playing "Adorn" by Miguel and he's getting more mainstream love. I could see PID getting played on Urban stations out here.

That's good news!

It would be great if it crossed over. Pop stations in the bay are now playing "Adorn" by Miguel and he's getting more mainstream love. I could see PID getting played on Urban stations out here.

It's the remix version that the rhythmic stations seem to be playing

Wow.......Mary J Got top billing over brandy? That must hurt considering brandy was bigger than Mary J at one time (globally speaking, not sure about the USA)

I'm surprised that you thought Brandy would have top billing over Mary. Mary has been far more consistent and has more of a faithful fanbase than Brandy. Brandy's popularity left in the 90s while Mary's biggest selling album was in 05. Mary DOES have more of a legacy than Brandy while Brandy was just popular for two albums and a sitcom 15 years ago.It's the consistency that gives Mary the edge...Can Brandy even sell out any venues? Im curious...not shading because Mary does..I've been to 5 of her tours and the were sold out.

I'm surprised that you thought Brandy would have top billing over Mary. Mary has been far more consistent and has more of a faithful fanbase than Brandy. Brandy's popularity left in the 90s while Mary's biggest selling album was in 05. Mary DOES have more of a legacy than Brandy while Brandy was just popular for two albums and a sitcom 15 years ago.It's the consistency that gives Mary the edge...Can Brandy even sell out any venues? Im curious...not shading because Mary does..I've been to 5 of her tours and the were sold out.

She just sold out the Best Buy theatre like 3 weeks ago. So yeah she can sell out a venue. -_-

However, Mary is the bigger star of the two today, and has the larger R&B legacy. But truth be told, at their individual peaks, Brandy was the bigger star and her material has aged well and still sounds good today. Paul is from another country. Maybe where he's from, Brandy had a bigger impact.

I love me some Brandy & Mary J.....it'd be really hard to choose 1 of the 2, but it's also why I'll probably try to go to this show. But yea Mary has more hits and she's been out longer, by 2 years, but still a very successful 2 years. Realistically it's almost the Mariah & Janet effect, wheres no matter how good either are or whether you like them or not, Mariah struck while the iron was hot, which is what Mary did, Mary's been almost more consistant (in my opinion) than Mariah, I mean she releases an album EVERY 2 years since 92 (with the exception of 96). Wheres Brandy & Janet musically took their time in between eras....something I understand/respect, but I also wish both would've simply released more albums in the 90's, just 2. But basically my point is yea Mary's more successful because she's released more music, and she does have more hits than Brandy....because she has more music than Brandy. Again it's like Mariah & Janet

I bet Brandy & Mary could do a HOTTTTTTTT DUET. Thats what shocked me about how good the Mary & Bey duet was, I'd expect that from Brandy & Mary.....not that B

I would say they both had the same 'impact' in the UK it's just that Brandy's popularity was earlier than Marys. I don't know stats or sales but Brandy was a factor here from Moesha through to Afrodisiac (add Right Here as a single too, I Still Know and Cinderella).. Mary only became a factor from Family Affair through to Just Fine (add You Are Everything/As too). Brits remember more Brandy songs than Mary.

Yea I need a HQ version to drop sooon. Who the fuck video tapes a video premiere on TV from their phone.............oh..........106th & Park fans....it's expected

anyway I approve of the video, I likes it ALOT, she looks great in every shot. What I loved was it exceeded my expectations, just like the PID video did....the only good thing about that song

R&B is an American genre... Rarely finds success in the UK... Brandy crossed ocean with Never Say Never (and Full Moon) whereas MJB is soley Americano.. She barely reached across the pond

Family Affair, No More Drama, Be Without You and Just Fine are probably her biggest singles here - ask a casual music listener and they won't know You Remind Me etc. With Brandy I'd say they'd know The Boy Is Mine, Full Moon, What About Us, Another Day, Right Here and Afrodisiac...maybe the Sittin' singles too.