The Official Brandy Thread

CK1Czar

2/11 is Brandy's best... I don't want to hear her worst... Critics aren't always right... They just hold an opinion that apparently Stans think are important... In a year.... No one else cares what critics think. Music Critics words virtually means less now than ever before.. Musics sales are down and critics aren't exactly "helping"

I believe one critic called Janet a "one hit wonder" back in 86 or 89... So lets stop pretending their words actually mean something.

Your opinion, I like Brandy's album alot, but I think Christina's album is better and as usual for her more diverse.

I'll make sure Brandy, whose and R&B artist, record a dance track with a dub step so you have your diversity

2/11 is Brandy's best... I don't want to hear her worst... Critics aren't always right... They just hold an opinion that apparently Stans think are important... In a year.... No one else cares what critics think. Music Critics words virtually means less now than ever before.. Musics sales are down and critics aren't exactly "helping"

I believe one critic called Janet a "one hit wonder" back in 86 or 89... So lets stop pretending their words actually mean something.

You're nothing but an internet critic, so that means your opinion means nothing either. At the least, those people are getting paid for their opinion. Well, I guess you get paid dust, but that's about it

I'll make sure Brandy, whose and R&B artist, record a dance track with a dub step so you have your diversity

OK, at least she'd be attempting something she hasn't done before (something I love & respect even if its a failure, or if I like the song or genre itself), I'd rather Brandy try her hand at rock, I can see her slaying country too, but I never considered her just an R&B artist, I see her as bigger than 1 genre, but I guess I shouldn't expect so much huh? (sarcasim, I'm still gonna expect more and better from her, its what happens when I like you and you raise the bar, your setting yourself up) :coffee:

You're nothing but an internet critic, so that means your opinion means nothing either. At the least, those people are getting paid for their opinion. Well, I guess you get paid dust, but that's about it

Why are you acting like brandy is doing something amazing by pigeon holing herself? There is nothing wrong with being diverse. If my memory serves me correctly full moon and afrodisiac both had quite diverse sounds. Maybe not in terms of totally crossing genres, but each song sounded different and had many tempos, sounds and were also experimental in places.

Diversity is key. Ask Janet - one of the most musically diverse recording artists ever who has the talent to still have a "sound". Whether its pop, rock, rnb or dance - its still Janet. That's what brandy (and Christina) are missing.

Even with human, it might not have been that great but it still had the brandy sound. With this record a lot of the songs could have been done by anyone.

• Upvote 1

Who said 2/11 was her best?

I said it was one of her best. And if a critics word doesn't matter( which on a certain level I agree with), then your words mean even less.

Why are you acting like brandy is doing something amazing by pigeon holing herself? There is nothing wrong with being diverse. If my memory serves me correctly full moon and afrodisiac both had quite diverse sounds. Maybe not in terms of totally crossing genres, but each song sounded different and had many tempos, sounds and were also experimental in places.

Diversity is key. Ask Janet - one of the most musically diverse recording artists ever who has the talent to still have a "sound". Whether its pop, rock, rnb or dance - its still Janet. That's what brandy (and Christina) are missing.

Even with human, it might not have been that great but it still had the brandy sound. With this record a lot of the songs could have been done by anyone.

Why are you acting like she's doing something wrong by being true to herself? And Brandy has a sound, an R&B sound. I find it funny that many of you see her as stagnet when the reviews are saying just the opposite. Many view 2/11 as sophistcated and atmospheric. Far from generic. And can we stop with the Xtina/brandy comparison. Xtina's doingthe type of dance/pop/rock crossover and she's not selling that much better than Brandy. So clearly going pop doesn't always work.

Why are you acting like she's doing something wrong by being true to herself? And Brandy has a sound, an R&B sound. I find it funny that many of you see her as stagnet when the reviews are saying just the opposite. Many view 2/11 as sophistcated and atmospheric. Far from generic. And can we stop with the Xtina/brandy comparison. Xtina's doingthe type of dance/pop/rock crossover and she's not selling that much better than Brandy. So clearly going pop doesn't always work.

Yeah.. But no promo = no sales

Unless they're John Mayer :coffee:

Why are you implying that I said she's doing something wrong by doing rnb?

She's done it badly, not wrong.

Even rnb songs are supposed to have hooks.

• Upvote 1

Why are you implying that I said she's doing something wrong by doing rnb?

She's done it badly, not wrong.

If Brandy is doing it badly, who is doing it great? R&B that is.

2/11 is one of the best reviewed albums of R&B this year. All the critics can't be wrong.

2/11 is one of the best reviewed albums of R&B this year. All the critics can't be wrong.

No one cares if its "critically acclaimed"... That doesn't boost sales.. That doesn't sell out tours... That does nothing.. Literally. Quit bragging on nothing

"Brandy has the best R&B album under 80 minutes" :sigh:

Ok, let's take a really chilled, simple rnb song......"anything" from TVR. That song isn't even Janet's best but it's better than pretty much any song on brandys album.

Better yet, compare this album to brandys past albums......are there any songs as good as angel in disguise? He is? First n luv? Focus? - I'm just picking a random song from each album and they're all better than most of what's on the new album and they are all rnb.

• Upvote 1

Well a lot of her songs could be done by anyone. She's not artist... Just a less profitable puppet...

But I digress.. I'm no critic... Just a fan that is highly disappointed at her mediocre album

i swear ur not a fan u go overboard on shitting on her more than non fans do we get the point, dont u get tired of saying the same stuff over and over? and just bc an album doesnt sell doesnt mean it isnt good it just means it didnt sell thats it the two are not always connected, there are albums that sell a shitload and i listen to them and am baffled at its sales

i swear ur not a fan u go overboard on shitting on her more than non fans do we get the point, dont u get tired of saying the same stuff over and over? and just bc an album doesnt sell doesnt mean it isnt good it just means it didnt sell thats it the two are not always connected, there are albums that sell a shitload and i listen to them and am baffled at its sales

My last.fm says otherwise.

Name an album that sold shit loads that u are baffled by their sales from the last ten years.. I'll wait

My last.fm says otherwise.

Name an album that sold shit loads that u are baffled by their sales from the last ten years.. I'll wait

born this way

anything by susan boyle

josh groban-noel

any of taylor swifts

ashanti's debut

o, brother where art thou sndtrk

autobiography-ashlee simpson

any of coldplay's albums

back to bedlam-james blunt...to name a few

oh yeah and justin bieber's debut album(s)

born this way

anything by susan boyle

josh groban-noel

any of taylor swifts

ashanti's debut

o, brother where art thou sndtrk

autobiography-ashlee simpson

any of coldplay's albums

back to bedlam-james blunt...to name a few

oh yeah and justin bieber's debut album(s)

Don't come for coldplay or T-swizzle. :umm:

The rest are great examples. :yep: