The Official Brandy Thread

CK1Czar

:rolleyes: I know what it's about. My point is lyrics and music are always open for personal interpretation. Regardless of whether they were written about one person or situation. The same way RTW was written for women but it can also be applied to the Gays. Which is why she said the song applied to Gays as well.

It's not all so black and white.

With Bey.. I feel as though it is black & white... there's no grey area.. I mean have you read the lyrics? It's female empowerment 110%...

This goes out to all the women getting it in,

You're on your grind

To other men that respect what I do

Please accept my shine

Boy I know you love it

How we're smart enough to make these millions

Strong enough to bear the children

I'm gay.. but I can't bear children and nothing in this song directly relates to gay men.

Sidenote.. if someone never heard this song before.. If they only read the lyrics, they'd probably think it's a rapper :asham:

With Bey.. I feel as though it is black & white... there's no grey area.. I mean have you read the lyrics? It's female empowerment 110%...

I'm gay.. but I can't bear children and nothing in this song directly relates to gay men.

Sidenote.. if someone never heard this song before.. If they only read the lyrics, they'd probably think it's a rapper :asham:

Stop nitpicking certain lyrics and songs. :mellow:

Not everything needs to be taken literally, You could also interpret that line as her basically saying we're strong enough to keep going after challenging situations.

But you've already made up your mind on this subject and so have I.

You don't think she's inspiration but her music has gotten me through lots of difficult times.

Different strokes, different folks.

Qy59fY5.gif

If it was about the gays, she should grow a pair and say it explicitly, like Gaga did :coffee:

Beyonce wouldn't take that risk though

Take what risk? Ruin her career like Gaga did?

Beyoncé has catered to and supported her gay fans her whole career. Even recently doing a full spread for Out magazine.

Take what risk? Ruin her career like Gaga did?

Beyoncé has catered to and supported her gay fans her whole career. Even recently doing a full spread for Out magazine.

Gaga has more balls than Beyonce ever will. There's no arguing with it. Beyonce has a nice, safe career. Gaga's been an outspoken supporter and done more for the gay community in 5 years than Beyonce's done in 15.

But kudos on the Out spread :coffee:

Gaga has more balls than Beyonce ever will. There's no arguing with it. Beyonce has a nice, safe career. Gaga's been an outspoken supporter and done more for the gay community in 5 years than Beyonce's done in 15.

But kudos on the Out spread :coffee:

Actually there is, most of what Gaga does feels very contrived and try hard. And I don't think anyone can say Bey is safe after her last album. She takes risks, they're just not as drastic and extreme as maybe other artist. And that's ok.

And that's just great for Gaga, is she a civil rights activist or a singer? I think her thinking she was the former is what got her in this predicament. :coffee:

Stop nitpicking certain lyrics and songs. :mellow:

Not everything needs to be taken literally, You could also interpret that line as her basically saying we're strong enough to keep going after challenging situations.

But you've already made up your mind on this subject and so have I.

You don't think she's inspiration but her music has gotten me through lots of difficult times.

Different strokes, different folks.

Certain songs have to be taken literally.. there's no other translation for "you can bear children"

I'm only reading what she wrote... The song does not have open-ended translations.. I'm not sure how you can relate to a song about women

Don't get me wrong.. She does have few songs that aren't all black & white.. but RTW isn't one of them.. and it's not made to be taken seriously but it's very difficult to relate to without stretching the lyrics to fit a gay's situation

Actually there is, most of what Gaga does feels very contrived and try hard. And I don't think anyone can say Bey is safe after her last album. She takes risks, they're just not as drastic and extreme as maybe other artist. And that's ok.

And that's just great for Gaga, is she a civil rights activist or a singer? I think her thinking she was the former is what got her in this predicament. :coffee:

That is very true.. She does try too hard at times and it shows.. But i'm not sure how Bey isn't safe.. She is still singing about the same shit, different album.. women empowerment and her hubby/love

Certain songs have to be taken literally.. there's no other translation for "you can bear children"

I'm only reading what she wrote... The song does not have open-ended translations.. I'm not sure how you can relate to a song about women

Don't get me wrong.. She does have few songs that aren't all black & white.. but RTW isn't one of them.. and it's not made to be taken seriously but it's very difficult to relate to without stretching the lyrics to fit a gay's situation

That is very true.. She does try too hard at times and it shows.. But i'm not sure how Bey isn't safe.. She is still singing about the same shit, different album.. women empowerment and her hubby/love

:sigh: The full line is "strong enough to bear the children, then get back to business". Don't cut out parts simply because it's convenient for you. :rolleyes::lol: and I already stated how that particular line can relate to more than just having children and have more than one interpretation within the context of the song. Music is all about stretching your imagination and interpretation. :wub:

Her last album was very sexual and so were the videos. She's always been sexual but never as explicitly as she was with the "Beysus" album. That could have either gone really wrong or really right with someone like Beyoncé that has a great, clean image for the most part.

She would have never been singing about fucking her man in a limo 5 years ago.

:sigh: The full line is "strong enough to bear the children, then get back to business". Don't cut out parts simply because it's convenient for you. :rolleyes::lol: and I already stated how that particular line can relate to more than just having children and have more than one interpretation within the context of the song. Music is all about stretching your imagination and interpretation. :wub:

Her last album was very sexual and so were the videos. She's always been sexual but never as explicitly as she was with the "Beysus" album. That could have either gone really wrong or really right with someone like Beyoncé that has a great, clean image for the most part.

She would have never been singing about fucking her man in a limo 5 years ago.

Bearing children can not mean more than "Bearing children".. There's no way around that.. Some music is about stretching the imagination and interpretation but not this song.. sorry

I don't find it "very sexually"... I find it as sexual as 4 and b4 4 (see what i did there) Bill O'Reilly doesn't think she's that clean

Hmmm sure.. she turned it up a notch on this album.. but only a notch.. not too far from what she's done in the past

Bearing children can not mean more than "Bearing children".. There's no way around that.. Some music is about stretching the imagination and interpretation but not this song.. sorry

I don't find it "very sexually"... I find it as sexual as 4 and b4 4 (see what i did there) Bill O'Reilly doesn't think she's that clean

Hmmm sure.. she turned it up a notch on this album.. but only a notch.. not too far from what she's done in the past

Ok but even then I was referencing the song overall and it's message about running the world. You decided to nitpick certain lyrics like that negates what the song is essentially saying. :blink:

For Beyoncé it is, she would have never done records like DIL, Rocket, ***Flawless, and Partition a couple years ago. And that's why I said she doesn't take drastic risks but they're still there. :mellow::rolleyes: To deny that especially with a video like "Partition" where she's basically naked is foolish.

Ok but even then I was referencing the song overall and it's message about running the world. You decided to nitpick certain lyrics like that negates what the song is essentially saying. :blink:

For Beyoncé it is, she would have never done records like DIL, Rocket, ***Flawless, and Partition a couple years ago. And that's why I said she doesn't take drastic risks but they're still there. :mellow::rolleyes: To deny that especially with a video like "Partition" where she's basically naked is foolish.

Girls.. running the world.. not gays/men... :umm: The song is about women empowerment... There's no other way to look at the song.. the lyric I nitpicked just helped my argument... Men, even gay men, don't experience the same discrimination or lifestyle women have that this song describes

Ehh again.. I wouldn't call any thing she's done, a risk.. Many women have done what she has done in the past.. Some worse... I don't bother watching her videos.. They're predictable and basically the same... She's not basically naked in most of her videos?

I guess well just have to agree to disagree, honey bunches of oats. :wub::rolleyes:

:blink: Other women have done it but for Beyoncé, it was a risk. And how you can even discuss this topic when you haven't watched the visual album? :mellow: Those videos are top notch and unlike anything she's done, ever. She's a lot more honest, sexual and gritty. She's been partially naked before but never something like this:

Beyonce-Gifs:-Partition--08.gif

I mean, as a Stan I was shocked in a good way, but shocked nonetheless.

And then you have "Blow", "Mine", "Rocket", "Blue", etc where she's tackling subject matter that she hasn't before.

I guess well just have to agree to disagree, honey bunches of oats. :wub::rolleyes:

:blink: Other women have done it but for Beyoncé, it was a risk. And how you can even discuss this topic when you haven't watched the visual album? :mellow: Those videos are top notch and unlike anything she's done, ever. She's a lot more honest, sexual and gritty. She's been partially naked before but never something like this

I mean, as a Stan I was shocked in a good way, but shocked nonetheless.

And then you have "Blow", "Mine", "Rocket", "Blue", etc where she's tackling subject matter that she hasn't before.

If that's a "risk" for Beyonce.. Then what's playing safe? bc the last time I checked, every single pop diva in the industry has gotten sexual in their music career. It maybe "risky" but it's nothing new.. Though I don't expect anything revolutionary from Beyonce

Blow is a song about sex

Mine is a love song

Blue is about her daughter? Idk

Same shit, different album