Willow songwriter hits back at Souljah Boy’s ghostwriting claim

DJ Y2K Malone™

Soulja Boy caused up an online frenzy when he publicly claimed on Twitter that he wrote Willow Smith’s breakout hit ‘Whip My Hair’. However, the real songwriter-producer behind the track is absolutely furious at the false claim and has responded by spitting some verses to the ‘Whip My Hair’ beat.

Rodney ‘Darkchild’ Jerkins’ protégé Ronald ‘JukeBox’ Jackson raps: “Soulja say he ghostwrote it ’cause that’s right he wasn’t there!”. He also tweeted: “My house must be POPPIN! Cuz I had NO IDEA Soulja was in my house when I did that song! #invisibleswag??”.

As untalented as Souljah Boy may be, he is reported to have trademarked the phrase, “Turn my swag on”, meaning the 10-year-old’s song producers would have had to compensate the rapper for using the wording. Legally, that would mean he has the right to a songwriting credit but to say he ghostwrote the entire track is very dishonest and calculating. Obviously he was looking for attention when he made such statements, as you would when your records stop selling :lmao:

Wig snatched @ the writer coming out and countering him.

Read down @ #InvisibleSwag

Life @ the article mentioned legalities in songwriting. Perhaps now you all will believe me when I tell you about the legalities of songwriting and who gets credit, how they get credit, and why they get credit. +1 for #TeamBeyonce :coffee:

Soulja Boy caused up an online frenzy when he publicly claimed on Twitter that he wrote Willow Smith’s breakout hit ‘Whip My Hair’. However, the real songwriter-producer behind the track is absolutely furious at the false claim and has responded by spitting some verses to the ‘Whip My Hair’ beat.

Rodney ‘Darkchild’ Jerkins’ protégé Ronald ‘JukeBox’ Jackson raps: “Soulja say he ghostwrote it ’cause that’s right he wasn’t there!”. He also tweeted: “My house must be POPPIN! Cuz I had NO IDEA Soulja was in my house when I did that song! #invisibleswag??”.

As untalented as Souljah Boy may be, he is reported to have trademarked the phrase, “Turn my swag on”, meaning the 10-year-old’s song producers would have had to compensate the rapper for using the wording. Legally, that would mean he has the right to a songwriting credit but to say he ghostwrote the entire track is very dishonest and calculating. Obviously he was looking for attention when he made such statements, as you would when your records stop selling :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Archived