BET's Most Influential Artists of the 2000s

DJ Y2K Malone™

1. Jay-Z

Rapper, entrepreneur and overall trendsetter, Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter reigned supreme from 2000 through 2009. Coming out of an early retirement, Jay came back stronger than ever, releasing albums and spreading his worldwide influence through touring.

2. Beyoncé

No female had more influence on R&B than the one and only Beyonce. From her breakthrough role in "Dreamgirls" to her string of #1 hits, Beyonce set the tone for all singers to follow.

3. Lil Wayne

Mastering the game with his unique rhyme skill, Lil Wayne showed rappers how to saturate the market with product and a nonstop work ethic. The New Orleans rapper dominated toward the end of the decade.

4. Usher

Before Chris Brown, Omarion and Justin Timberlake, there was Usher, and he continued to show R&B singers how to do it this decade. Releasing the powerful "Confessions" album, Usher remained strong despite hardships in his relationships with women.

5. 50 Cent

There wasn't a bigger debut artist post-2000 than 50 Cent. The self-proclaimed "bad guy" rejuvenated the art of gangster rap, using conflict to entertain fans and propel his career. Hey, it worked for him and others after.

6. R. Kelly

Despite the accusations against him, R&B singer R. Kelly was able to make some of the decade's best music. His sound is often duplicated.

7. Diddy :mellow:

The music mogul/entertainer showed everyone else how to get money. Diddy used his success in rap music to jumpstart an acting career, successful television shows and clothing and fragrance lines. Needles to say, everyone tries to do what he did.

8. T-Pain :(

Hate him or love him, T-Pain changed the sound of rap and R&B by reintroducing the Auto-Tune. Often criticized, his sound worked so well that it became the formula for hit records afterward.

9. Pharrell Williams

Pharrell Williams of the Neptunes is known for his***t-making potential. By adding his signature production, a catchy hook and his vocal flavor, Pharrell set the standard for producers who tried to mimick his success.

10. Kanye West

The always outspoken, overconfident Kanye West took his original artistry to new levels in this decade. The producer-turned-rapper became a paparazzi favorite by showing others how to use the media to his advantage (and sometimes disadvantage).

http://www.bet.com/Music/photos/mostinfluentialartistsofdecade_photos_music_12.16.htm?i=

Y'all cannot hate; T-PAIN had hit after hit after hit. Like nigga got every artist singing and rapping in autotune.

And please,

DIDDY! That dude is like huge. Like first of all; he's Nicki Minaj and Rick Ross's manager; and on top of that; all the non-basic mothafuckas have thrown back shots of Ciroc! >_<

I really don't see the 'influence' :mellow:

Beyonce "breakthrough role in dreamgirls" ... no, that was J-hudson ..... why they going on like Beyonce is some great acting influence. I mean great performer and all that but when it comes to acting :blink:

BET need to sit their assess down

But I mean, she is like the hottest urban female artist that's out there. Like it or not; you cannot hate; and it's been that way for 3 solo albums; and 1 group one with Destiny's Child.

This list is all kinds of fucked up!!!!!!

I dont even know what some of those ppl are doing on there..or why some ppl are so high on the list.

Laughable.

Kanye should be much higher...Rihanna should be on there. Diddy should not. He been basically making thr band all decade

Pharrell Williams and Kanye West should be in the Top 5. I agree with Beyoncé's inclusion, but not that high. I don't think she's more influential than others up there, and I don't agree with their comments on her. I think she's had way more influence on pop artists than she has on R&B. R. Kelly was influential in the '90s, not so much in the '00s.

Then again, this is the same establishment who called Keri Hilson a rising icon, so...

7. Diddy :mellow:

The music mogul/entertainer showed everyone else how to get money. Diddy used his success in rap music to jumpstart an acting career, successful television shows and clothing and fragrance lines. Needles to say, everyone tries to do what he did.

the only reason why he made the list: making the band-DANITY KANE/DAY 26 :coffee:

Pharrell Williams and Kanye West should be in the Top 5. I agree with Beyoncé's inclusion, but not that high. I don't think she's more influential than others up there, and I don't agree with their comments on her. I think she's had way more influence on pop artists than she has on R&B. R. Kelly was influential in the '90s, not so much in the '00s.

Then again, this is the same establishment who called Keri Hilson a rising icon, so...

'Nuff said. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your sig. :wub:

Awww, thanks. I'm loving yours as well. :blush:

Not true. R. Kelly was influential in the 00's. He influenced artists such as Trey Songz, Avant, Mario, Lloyd, B2K, Jeremiah, J. Holiday, etc. Oh and before the "irrelevancy" jokes flood in - most of the artists listed were popular at some time in the 00's. So lets not :rolleyes: Anyway, basically any young male R&B artist and even females on radio are influenced by R. Kelly in some shape or form. To deny his influence is just laughable.

Archived