Katherine Jackson Slams Executors Of Michael's Estate

Special K

Katherine Jackson is making some very shocking claims in a sworn declaration in connection with a lawsuit involving a charity that her superstar son Michael had been involved with prior to his death, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.

EXCLUSIVE DOCUMENTS: Katherine Jackson Slams Executors Of Michael's Estate

The executors of Michael's estate, John Branca, and John McClain filed a lawsuit against Melissa Johnson and The Heal The World Foundation because the Estate didn't give permission for Jackson's name or likeness to be used, and in a sworn statement Katherine is fighting back, claiming the lawsuit would be entirely against her late son's wishes.

Katherine says in her sworn declaration: "It is not my desire, nor would it be the desire of my son Michael, to continue this lawsuit against Heal the World Foundation. Michael would be very upset, if he knew our charity was being torn down by people who say they are doing what he wanted."

Katherine says she had hoped the Estate would drop the lawsuit after she joined the Foundation's board of directors in 2010. "I had hoped that once we (Joe & Randy Jackson joined the board also) all joined the Board of Directors of Heal The World, and it was made clear my desire to be a part of the charity, that the Executors would wirthdraw this lawsuit against the charity. However, they did not."

Katherine goes on to say: "Michael's children absolutely do want to carry on their father's legacy of giving and healing and to demean and distort that desire for greed is as awful as you can get."

Katherine also claims that despite being designated as part of the committee that would make decisions regarding which charities her late son's funds were allocated to, she has been "completely excluded from any decisions concerning this issue or any other decision pertaining to my son's estate."

Going on to claim: "Nearly two years after my son's death the estate's funds are being used to hire lawyers that suppress my family's ability to support charity, instead of giving away the 20% according to his wishes."

And: "Continuing to sue his charity, even a charity that myself and my son's children support, is only one example, where the estate executors are doing the opposite of what Michael wanted, the opposite of what I want now, and instead, they do what they want and what is in their best interest."

Howard Weitzman, the attorney for Michael Jackson's Estate tells RadarOnline.com: "Mrs. Jackson's declaration is unfortunate. Michael Jackson created a Trust to protect and preserve his legacy for the ultimate benefit of his children. Michael did not and would not give away the rights to use his name, likeness and related brands to Melissa Johnson for her Heal The World Foundation. Mrs. Jackson will be part of a three person committee with the two individuals, John Branca and John McClain, selected by Michael as the trustees of his Trust. When appropriate this committee will then decide which organizations "for the benefit of children and/or children's causes" shall be the recipient of Michael Jackson's generous charitable bequests. The time for designating the charities is subject to court approval."

The case is scheduled to go to trial on Friday, April 29.

From TMZ:

Quote:

Michael Jackson's mother says one of the guys in charge of the MJ Estate is a crook who stole from the singer ... and to top it off, she claims Michael never even liked the guy ... this according to new legal docs obtained by TMZ.

Katherine Jackson just filed a declaration in a case involving MJ's old charity -- the Heal the World Foundation.

According to the docs, Katherine is FURIOUS the estate is going after HTW for using MJ's image and likeness without permission ... and insists, "Michael would be very upset, if he knew that our charity was being torn down by people who say they are doing what he wanted."

Katherine then goes after MJ executor John Branca -- saying, "Mr. Branca was a man that my son was very worried about."

She adds, "Michael told me on more than one occasion that he did not like this man and did not trust him, he told me that John had stolen from him."

Katherine continues, "This lawsuit is exactly the type of awful thing that Michael said he was capable of doing."

Archived