Janet Jackson concert is all about hits

Reyna ♔

Janet Jackson has always come off a little interview-shy, so it was no surprise when she would only agree to an email interview to talk about her tour, which stops Tuesday at Detroit's Fox Theatre.

The younger sister of the late Michael Jackson co-starred earlier this year in Tyler Perry's film "For Colored Girls" and last year in "Why Did I get Married Too?"

Why did you decide to do an "Up Close and Personal" tour for the first time, and why now?

I was doing a private date at Radio City Music Hall last year. It was so much fun. I could see everyone in the audience, and all I could think about during the show was this is what I wanted to do for my next tour.

How does it compare to the arena tours your fans are used to?

The arena tours are fun, but this tour is not about pyrotechnics or other production elements that I have used in my arena tours. This is a much more intimate show. It's just about me and the audience. It is a thank-you for all the fans who have supported me all these years.

Had you ever wanted to do this before?

Yes, I have. I had thought about it in the past, but I just didn't want to do it until now.

How did the show change as it moved from overseas to the United States?

I am doing something a little different at all the shows. One of the bigger changes is that we made a few costume changes.

Were any songs deleted or added?

I am only performing songs that have been No. 1s for me. I have made some changes, but that keeps me pretty set on the song choices.

Is it true you deleted your classic segment where you seduce a man from the audience?

Is that classic? I guess you will have to come to the show and see.

How did you go about deciding which No. 1s to include?

Well, I wish I could sing them all, but we would be there all night — not that I would mind. I try to tell a story in each section of the show, and that helps me decide what songs I put in.

What's your favorite No. 1?

I really can't answer that question. It is kind of like asking which child is your favorite. They are so personal to me.

Which No. 1 do you consider most personal?

When I create my music, it is inspired by what is going on in my life. Each song reminds me of a special moment that I have lived.

How does it feel performing "Scream" in concert, and what do you remember most about recording the song / filming the video with your brother Michael?

I love singing "Scream." I remember that, no matter what, I always had my brother's back. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of Mike. I miss him very much.

Are you working on new music, and what direction do you see yourself heading?

I have never been great at multitasking. I am working on that now. I have had a lot of fun returning to my first love, acting. I wrote a book, "True You," that is a No. 1 New York Times best seller. Now I am on my tour. I am not sure when I will get back into the studio, but it will be later this year. I have some ideas about the direction but I will need to see what I am feeling when I am in the studio.

Source: http://detnews.com/article/20110811/ENT04/108110312/1424/ENT04/Janet-Jackson-concert-is-all-about-hits

Is it true you deleted your classic segment where you seduce a man from the audience?

Is that classic? I guess you will have to come to the show and see.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Plus, I am VERY anxious to hear what direction she goes with on the new album :w00t:

I have never been great at multitasking. I am working on that now. I have had a lot of fun returning to my first love, acting. I wrote a book, "True You," that is a No. 1 New York Times best seller. Now I am on my tour. I am not sure when I will get back into the studio, but it will be later this year. I have some ideas about the direction but I will need to see what I am feeling when I am in the studio.

Source: http://detnews.com/article/20110811/ENT04/108110312/1424/ENT04/Janet-Jackson-concert-is-all-about-hits

Yes Jansus, you better let them know! :blush:

Archived