This Bitch Has Some Nerve

Reyna ♔

Nancy Grace Explains How Michael Jackson Helped Her Say 'Yes' to 'Dancing With the Stars'

It remains to be seen who'll emerge as the front-runner on the 13th season of 'Dancing With the Stars,' which debuts Monday, Sept. 19 at 8PM ET on ABC. But, by early indications, contestant Nancy Grace is the one to beat on the press line.

The outspoken Grace didn't mince words as to why she came to L.A. to do the show. She's here anyway to cover the Michael Jackson murder case.

"I understand the defense attorney wants the jury sequestered from Nancy Grace," says the former prosecutor. "I can only say that his client is charged with standing by, talking on the phone to his girlfriend while the King of Pop, a music icon, lay on that bed and died ... I don't think it was altogether a bad thing that they asked the jury to be sequestered from me."

Grace is hoping that this trial sends a message that even rich celebrities accused of crimes deserve justice.

"Many people are still angry at Michael Jackson over the molestation charges. What many of them don't see is that Lady Justice is blind to the defendant and the victim. It doesn't matter what Jackson did or didn't do. It's a slippery slope to start judging victims."

Speaking of injustice, it's no secret that models sometimes get the shaft on 'DWTS' because viewers find that they just can't relate to them. Remember promising Albert Reed being the second celebrity to leave in Season 5? Many feel that Joanna Krupa was plain robbed of the title in Season 9. Does Elisabetta Canalis fear she'll be ejected early, too?

"I have to tell you I am not a supermodel," Canalis modestly says. "I'm not. I used to model. I'm too old, but thank you so much."

Kristin Cavallari is hoping viewers see beyond her 'Hills' persona. "I'm excited for people to see the real me," she says. "The sweet, vulnerable side of me. I can be very sweet and shy. I'm also goofy and playful."

Cavallari will gladly accept the coveted mirrorball trophy if she wins, but she might not be getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame since the organization behind those honors recently stated they weren't too keen on giving stars to reality folks.

"I can understand," she says. "If I were a serious actor I'd probably feel the same way. I can see where they think that reality shows are the easy route [to fame.] But it's what you can make of it coming out of a reality show."

Did pro basketball player Ron Artest plan on taking his shirt off when he was introduced? No. "All of a sudden all this energy started to rise from my core and the shirt came off," Artest says.

Rob Kardashian may be thrust into the limelight by doing this show, but he says he's content to let his sisters be the famous ones in the family. "I'm a real homebody," he says. "I"m doing this to build confidence."

The kickoff announcement was held on Stage 33 at CBS Television City in Hollywood, current home to 'The Price is Right' and past classics as 'The Carol Burnett Show.' Did 'The Sonny and Cher Show,' on which Chaz Bono appeared as a toddler (when he was Chastity), tape on that particular stage?

"I have no idea," Bono says. "I know it was here at TV City, but I haven't seen tapes of those shows in years."

What does Bono hope to achieve by participating on the series? "I want to have a really good time, challenge myself physically and savor every moment of it," he says.

David Arquette is aware that 'DWTS' contestants are thrust into the public eye, but he's hoping not to be exploited. "I try to live my life where I'm accepting," he says. "I like kind people. I like people who are good people."

Um. Then, Arquette might want to avoid Chynna Phillips, who considers him to be the one to beat.

"I can tell David's a wild card," she says, joking that "I'm not happy he's on the show. I'm going to trip him when he goes down the staircase."

As much as I really like this bitch when it comes to OTHER situations, from the molestation trial and on I don't even want her to mention Michael's name again. After how she attacked, maligned and misrepresented him, his name/family/ or anything else from his own camp shouldn't be associated with her. She gets my support on alot of shit, but when it comes to Michael, I'm ready to guillotine this bitch. :umm:

Archived