Janet Jackson dedicates her Grammy-winning song to Abu Dhabi

Reyna ♔

Ahead of her debut live show in Abu Dhabi, Jackson has named That's The Way Love Goes to the capital of the UAE

Janet Jackson has dedicated her most successful song to the city and people of Abu Dhabi, tabloid! can exclusively reveal.

At the beginning of her Number Ones: Up Close and Personal Tour, the legendary pop icon announced she would personally pick a No 1 hit which most represented each country she would perform in.

Ahead of her debut live show in Abu Dhabi, Jackson has named That's The Way Love Goes — Jackson's most successful No 1 hit to date — to the capital of the UAE. "Hey Abu Dhabi, I'm gonna take you places you've never been before," she said. "That is why I'm dedicating That's the Way Love Goes to all my fans in your beautiful city. See you soon."

That's the Way Love Goes bagged Jackson a Grammy Award for Best R&B Song in 1994.

Jackson's stop in the UAE, an official date on her biggest world tour, kicks off a new season of Yas Island Show Weekends on October 13 for Flash Entertainment. Jackson herself promised no two shows on the schedule would be the same, describing the tour as "more revealed, more intimate, and more personal than ever before".

In a recent video interview Jackson gave her fans an insight into life backstage on tour saying she wanted to really make it an up, close and personal experience for all. To watch the interview in full visit gulfnews.com/tabloid.

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Archived