Sassy Michael Jackson tribute sells over 40,000 tickets...Shocked?

King Baby

well?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Surprised?

• No...This is Michael Jackson we are talking about
    • Yes...with the boycotts from fam and fans...
    • No...They cut the tix prices down to next to nothing
    • Yes...Its filled with B-List proformers and no Janet, Beyonce and Chris Brown

The Michael Forever show will feature an all-star line-up, with Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Leona Lewis, Pixie Lott and JLS among those set to perform.

Cee Lo Green will pay tribute to Michael Jackson in Cardiff (PA)

Beyonce will sing via a video link, while Michael's siblings La Toya, Tito, Jackie and Marlon are also scheduled to appear.

Ticket sales were initially slow, despite it being a fundraising show for the Prince's Trust and Aids Project Los Angeles, but have now hit the 40,000 mark.

Chris Hunt, of organisers Global Events Live, said he was optimistic the remaining tickets would be snapped up on the day and that the tribute concert would be a 50,000 sell out.

'I'm excited about tomorrow's event, especially with ticket sales going so well,' he told BBC News.

'Buzz is really building and some key acts have already been spotted in the city. Doors will open at 4pm tomorrow for what will be a fantastic evening.'

Preparations for the concert have been disrupted by the late withdrawals of Black Eyed Peas and Chris Brown, while a plan to broadcast the show on Facebook has been abandoned for legal reasons.

Janet, Jermaine and Marlon Jackson had earlier cancelled scheduled appearances at the event because it coincides with the trial of their late brother's doctor, Conrad Murray

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/music/877957-michael-jackson-tribute-concert-10-000-tickets-available-on-the-day#ixzz1a8PHVo9z

I'm pissed I was going to pay £200 only for seatwave to be selling them for £25 today :lol:! Unfortunately I couldn't make it. Unlike all of the Michael fans I don't protest EVERYTHING because I truly don't believe we're not being fobbed off at every opportunity.

thats because those going are not really michael jackson fans...but fans of leona lewis ..JLS ..and alexandra burke..they have a big following in the Uk..jls are like justin biebet there..little girls will eat up everything

Ahh, well that answers it all.

Archived