A Better Idea for Remembering Michael

Reyna ♔

Know what, these low classed tributes are really starting to annoy me a bit as a fan and as someone who really loves Michael, my wife, and the decent members of the family. Tito and some of the other members of the family are talking about doing annual tributes every year. Go to this link:

http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/music/michael-jackson-s-family-plans-annual-tribute_97924.htm

You can read it for yourself, I just wanna talk about this bit that Tito said:

"People ask, `What do you think Michael represented when he was here on earth?` and my first answer is not music but his heart, what he did for people, how he tried to change the world and make the world a better place," he said.

If his heart is what you remember most then instead of doing tribute CONCERTS for him every year, do something for him that involves what he wanted to for other people. People can forget concerts, and with the stars you get they probably will.

I say you create an award in his name and have it be at the music award shows. Have it to be a music award BUT have it also be a humanitarian award. The Michael Jackson 'Man in the Mirror' Award or The Michael Jackson 'Heal the World' Award. It goes to someone, preferably an artist or actor or some professional like that who is willing to use their talent not only to entertain but also to benefit others like he did. An artist who donates to charity because they want to help and/or starts organizations for such work. Probably have it at the Grammys or maybe the AMAs. BET....hell no. VMAs..Michael and Janet made them what they were...but they have been on some bull these past few years.

I figure a portion of Michael's money is already donated to charity with everything the estate pulls in on him due to what he put in his will. But another idea, create an organization for young talent coming up. Better yet, create a music school. Build it from Neverland or a new place. An organization that that maybe can give scholarship money to teens who are pursuing a music career who want to start via college. With the school, the kids would be trained well if Janet chooses who will teach (since she will be busy with her career and won't be a teacher herself), and at the end of the year, the best of the best get a start signing by recording a single or two. If the single does well, they get a contract. The school will be private-ish, that way it will take in tuition money for the costs, but this would be a great thing for remembering Michael.

Maybe I'm just on a creative rant, excited from the wine I'm drinking, or really on to something-but any of these ideas could be something great.

Archived