TLC to Release Album in June 2017

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

Prince had albums that sold 12k? When? Let’s leave out his instrumental albums bc that’s not pop 

Gladys is a gospel singer... not a nostalgic pop act

So again, you don’t plan out a tour knowing a major player won’t follow through

Oh but if we have to leave out albums that "aren't pop", then how does that compare to TLC because their album is way more R&B & Hip-Hop than pop (just like both of their last albums)

LOFL And this is why you shouldn't comment on Legends doing things, Gladys is a soul singer who releases music in different genres. She has many pop hits, what you're saying would only be worth anything if she ware a Gospel artist at every point in her career.

Yet that's what they've done their entire career, & it's what other black artist's with Sickle Cell have done going back to Motown.

Gonna check it out then.

People hate 3D and i actually enjoy that album so let's see how this goes :lol:

Yea I too really love 3D, and I like it more than Fanmail, with this album I either like it as much as fanmail or slightly more, but yea the 3 last albums all work together nicely

Oh but if we have to leave out albums that "aren't pop", then how does that compare to TLC because their album is way more R&B & Hip-Hop than pop (just like both of their last albums)

LOFL And this is why you shouldn't comment on Legends doing things, Gladys is a soul singer who releases music in different genres. She has many pop hits, what you're saying would only be worth anything if she ware a Gospel artist at every point in her career.

Yet that's what they've done their entire career, & it's what other black artist's with Sickle Cell have done going back to Motown.

Pop = popular music and since they were once popular 20-odd years ago

For a soul singer, she doesn’t have much of a wiki page like other legends in that field

Pop = popular music and since they were once popular 20-odd years ago

For a soul singer, she doesn’t have much of a wiki page like other legends in that field

Which Prince & Gladys were too, and none of their independant albums fit that definition of pop so why should TLC be singled out for not releasing a pop album?

Yup, and yet she's a heavy hitter Legend.

Edited by jarrylf

Which Prince & Gladys were too, and none of their independant albums fit that definition of pop so why should TLC be singled out for not releasing a pop album?

Yup, and yet she's a heavy hitter Legend.

:rolleyes: Bc a former girl group sensation sold 12k total of their PayPal album 

Edited by State of the Game

:rolleyes: Bc a former girl group sensation sold 12k total of their PayPal album 

Again that'd be really worth a fair shot, if they had the same budget and label push as they did when they were a "sensation", or if even with that being the case they said anywhere that they expected it to be their biggest release or something....but no....soooo yea their doing as well as most other Legendary/iconic independant artists, and acting like they're not is just petty & pointless.

Yea I too really love 3D, and I like it more than Fanmail, with this album I either like it as much as fanmail or slightly more, but yea the 3 last albums all work together nicely

The highs on fanmail >>>3D but to me 3D is kinda easier to digest simply because it's a smaller and more commercial album