Janet Jackson Accept Me

Why is it that Janet has so many amazing b-sides/unreleased songs that I love so much.  So I say if we don't see Janet for a while her company should finally releases a huge compilation of b-sides and unreleased songs that we haven't heard and secure her legacy.  Now we know that we have our fans that won't buy it cause they will find a way to download it from the internet but I for one love the packaging of compilations when done right.  

I know you all love to see Janet dance but I think we will see her again and hopefully see her transition into a vocalist cause she actually is a great vocalist.  I would love to see her perform standing behind a stand up mic free styling singing these b-sides from Accept Me, What Can I Say, and My Need. I love these songs just as much if not more than some of the songs that did have singles released. I think fans that have been with Janet since the "Control" days will appreciate this thought but not so much for the fans that came after "All For You". 

I'm not saying a full blown concert tour of these songs but more of a special that is either televised or maybe performing these sets at the big cities like New York, Chicago, Miami and Los Angeles. 

I can only wish. 

• Upvote 2

I truly don't think we'll be getting much of anything from Janet regarding old releases (tour DVDs, music video comps, old unreleased music, etc) until after she passes away.. I know that's morbid as fk.. I know, I know..

I sense that Janet doesn't believe in her old work as much as she should.. Just like she stated in the MTV Icon special, when she looks back on old footage she gets embarrassed.. For some reason I think that's probably why there hasn't been an official release of her RN or janet. tours.. There's parts that may make her cringe (even though she shouldn't!) and that's what's holding her back..

She hasn't really been the type of artist who feels comfortable on stage alone (unless she's sitting on a stool or standing in one spot).. But nowadays it's pretty rare that she'll be alone on stage killing some dance moves, you can tell she feels more secure when she's surrounded by her backup dancers.. The only part in the Unbreakable Tour when she's dancing alone on stage is the last minute of PP (pretty much the same on the RWU tour)..

I wouldn't be surprised if she almost wanted her fame and musical legacy to fade away...

Idk, who knows.. Just the feeling I get..

I just hope that whenever the sad day comes when she leaves this earth that she has her will setup like a pro!! Have the best estate executor (JJ/TL?) who will finally push out all these releases the fans have been wanting for decades... Just like MJ, she FOR SURE have a resurgence of interest in her and her career!

• Upvote 1