FIRST EUROPEAN CITIES OF JANET’S NUMBER ONES

Shawn1814

FIRST EUROPEAN CITIES OF JANET’S NUMBER ONES, UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL ANNOUNCED02/02/11

(Beverly Hills, CA) Legendary Icon, JANET JACKSON, took to heart the suggestions of her fans to select 35 cities for her JANET JACKSON NUMBER ONES: Up Close & Personal Tour and, following scheduled sold out appearances, in Asia and North America, Janet will be bringing the tour to Europe. This tour’s set list will include songs from the album NUMBER ONES featuring her 35 number one hits and the tour will be performed in 35 global cities. Fans submitted suggestions to www.janetjackson.com to have their city selected. The first announced European cities of the tour are Paris, France, London England and Monte Carlo, Monaco. Stay tuned for more cities in Europe to be announced.

This tour will differ from her previous concert schedules in that she will perform music exclusively from her chart topping CD NUMBER ONES. There will also be a focus on venues that will allow JANET to be up close and personal in a much more intimate setting. In each selected city JANET will offer something different to her performance so no show will be the same. This tour is JANET more revealed, more intimate, and more personal than ever before.

“I have been spending a lot of time in Europe lately. Everyone has been so kind to me. I can’t wait to get on stage and show my love for all my fans that have supported me all of these years,” said JANET.

The first European dates are as follows:

PARIS

June 26th, 27th, 28th

Venue: Olympia

LONDON

June 30th, July 2nd, July 3rd

Venue: Royal Albert Hall

MONTE CARLO

July 8th, 9th

Venue: Sporting Club

The "Number Ones, Up Close and Personal Tour" is the first time JANET has hit the road since her record breaking appearance at The Essence Music Festival. These performances will be JANET’S largest ever world tour celebrating, for the first time, the Icon's 35 number one hits in 35 global cities. JANET still holds the record for the most successful debut concert tour by a recording artist with her 1990 “Rhythm Nation Tour” and is continuing to shatter records.

In each of the 35 cities JANET will recognize 20 young people under 20 whose lives and work have enriched their communities in a major way.

“I want to meet 20 young leaders who are changing their communities for the better. I’m asking my fans and their friends, parents, relatives, neighbors and teachers to nominate five people to qualify as one of the 20 under 20 in each city. The 20 people chosen and the person who nominated them will be VIP guests at my show. I will invite the 20 sponsors and the 20 winners to the concert and backstage. There are many young people changing the word and I want them to be recognized during my tour. I want to learn from them how they are changing the world. You all know someone who is making a difference, so get in touch. You can nominate them on JANETJACKSON.COM,” said the Icon.

JANET will kick off the start of her tour February 4th in Manila, Philippines.

JANET is nominated for a Best Actress NAACP Image Award for her performance in “Why Did I Get Married Too.” For which she also co wrote the theme song, "Nothing." The ballad achieved number one iTunes status. JANET currently stars in Tyler Perry's successful and critically acclaimed motion picture, "For Colored Girls."

Her upcoming book, "True You" is being published by Karen Hunter Publishing, an imprint of Gallery Books at Simon & Schuster. “True You” will be in stores on February 15th. Janet's first book will reveal her unique, never before revealed perspective on self esteem. “True You” chronicles JANET’S lifelong struggles with weight and self-esteem.

Though not a biography, JANET shares intimate stories from her past, present and until now private communications, from her fans on their mutual struggles

“We took this journey together and if my fans had not been so open with me about their problems, I don’t believe I would have been able to share this truth,” said JANET.

True You features information from Janet’s personal nutritionist, David Allen, a detailed food and menu plane including never before published recipes, created specially for JANET, by Chef Andre of kathy ireland Worldwide’s Acafe, and finally JANET’s personal journey with her long time and award winning, personal trainer, Tony Martinez.

“Everyone is not blessed to have someone like Tony who makes being healthy and fit fun. Being able to share Tony’s gifts with my fans, especially young people, is very motivating to me. Tony is a genius,” continued JANET.

The book is a self help, healing guide of hope where Janet will use anecdotes from her life to illustrate the power of self acceptance and love.

Archived