ARTICLE: "Janet Jackson Is Not A Victim When Looking Back At Nipplegate"

MrMojoRisin

ARTICLE: Janet Jackson Is Not A Victim When Looking Back At Nipplegate

"It was announced in the fall of 2017 that Justin Timberlake would be the halftime entertainment at Super Bowl LII. Many of his fans reacted with glee, while others reacted with disgust. Some were still upset about what happened back in 2004 and didn't feel he deserved a return to the stage. Others felt like he was getting away with something while his former co-star was still paying for it.

This led many Janet Jackson fans to get #JanetJacksonAppreciationDay trending on Twitter that year. Ever since then, every Super Bowl Sunday has been known as #JanetJacksonAppreciationDay in some corners of social media. It's like a boycott, of sorts, directed at the NFL and the Super Bowl itself."

READ MORE

Well, this is one perspective to the situation.

However, I don't understand why he said Damita Jo wasn't a commercial album. Maybe I don't undertand what he means by commercial, but I think it was an amazing album! And it had many songs that I feel could have been hits if there hadn't been the whole SB situation. I'm sure she didn't feel like promoting it after the backlash, and couldn't even because of all the boycotts. But I don't believe anyone who says it wasn't a good album.