I'm in the process of recording an EP

LyricalLesson

I'm finally prepping to record a proper EP of all original material. Probably somewhere around 6 to 8 tracks. I already have most (if not all) of the production selected. I'm purchasing beats from Epik The Dawn, I don't know if you've heard of him, but he makes very quality tracks. It's got a very urban, soulful vibe, with some pop and synthy influences.

My question to you lies in what's most important (in my opinion) . . . the LYRICS. The SUBJECT MATTER. Even though I'm not a superstar ala Usher, Chris Brown, Ne-Yo etc. I take pride in my music, so I'm doing every thing I can to have it sound top notch. I selected the screen name "LyricalLesson" over a decade ago because that's what I've always felt I was best at, writing lyrics.

I generally can't stand the stuff that plays on the radio. I feel that in today's day and age, popular music typically lacks depth, creativity, and individuality. Every thing sounds the same, and lyrical styling just ain't the way it used to be.

I want my EP to contain relate-able yet fresh songs with lyrics that you don't always hear. 75% of the songs I've written were based around things I saw around me. Things that weren't and aren't necessarily about myself. I feel that exercises my writing abilities to the fullest. I need some inspiration. What are some things/issues/situations you haven't or don't often hear about in songs? Things you've went through, or thought about, or wish you could experience? It doesn't even have to be deep, per sé. Just unique, and something with 'substance'.

Thanks in advance, you guys.

:wave:

Archived