The Official Michael Jackson Thread

ThatOtherFan

Prince Jackson steps into public spotlight

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Michael Jackson's oldest son, Prince, takes another step into the public eye this week with his first commercial endorsement.

Prince Jackson, 14, revealed in an interview that while he can't sing or dance like his father, he wants to be a television and movie actor. He has previously said he wanted to be a director.

While some Jackson fans may object, saying Prince Jackson is too young to be involved in an endorsement, the lawyer for grandmother Katherine Jackson said steps are being taken to "make sure that going forward everything with the children is done by the book."

Prince isn't doing it for the money, but as a favor for his uncles, the four surviving original members of the Jackson 5 group that featured his father.

None of the marketing materials for the jackets includes Prince's name or image, but he did join Jackie, Marlon and Tito Jackson recently when they autographed 1,000 replicas of Michael Jackson's "Beat It" and "Thriller" leather jackets. Jermaine Jackson also signed the jackets, which go on sale Thursday through Amazon.com.

The J5 Collection, which is based on the styles of the Jackson 5, will introduce Michael Jackson's style "to a new generation," Prince Jackson told CNN.

He might wear them to "dress up parties," he said. "It's not casual, but it's nice to wear to events."

Prince Jackson, who's about 5-foot-10, is showing signs of a young man who is ready to make his own mark on the world.

Jackson's three children -- Prince, Paris and Blanket -- were famously sheltered from public view until their father's death on June 25th, 2009. It wasn't until the pop icon's memorial service that the world got a close look at them.

Paris, now 13, spoke for her brothers then, saying her "daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine."

Prince Jackson spoke up on the Grammys stage in February 2010 when he accepted his father's lifetime achievement award.

"To all his songs, his message was simple, love," then-12-year-old Prince said. "We will continue to spread his message and help the world."

Since then, Prince talked briefly to Oprah Winfrey when she visited his home last year to interview grandparents Joe and Katherine Jackson.

Prince also walked a red carpet and answered a few questions from reporters during a recent trip to Germany to accept an award to his father.

He smiled broadly and appeared confident on stage at the tribute show to his father in Wales last month when he introduced Beyonce's song.

Prince said he's hoping to travel with Jackie, Tito and Marlon Jackson when they perform shows in Japan next month. The plan is to have Prince introduce his uncles on stage, Marlon Jackson said.

Perry Sanders, the lawyer for Katherine Jackson, said Prince has indicated he is determined to make his own money, even though he will inherit many millions from his father's estate.

Taking care to make the right decisions about what deals to accept and what to reject is crucial to protecting his brand as the eldest son of the King of Pop, he said.

His uncles asked Prince to support the "Thriller" and "Beat It" jacket sales, a line that is authorized by the executors of the Michael Jackson estate.

"These limited quantity collector's items are exact replicas of the iconic originals and were created by the original designer of the jackets," according to a news release.

Michael Jackson debuted the red "Beat It" and red and black "Thriller" jackets, designed by Marc Laurent, in 1983. The Jackson brothers signed 500 of each jacket, which will sell for $2,350.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/10/showbiz/prince-jackson/

Point 1: He has Michael's Visionary mind. Go forward, young Prince :thumbup: And even more kudos to the lawyer :thumbup:

Point 2: Really? :unsure:

Point 3: Well damn. Looks like I won't be getting each of them :umm: And what makes them think we want THEIR signatures? :huh: Unless I see a M-I-C-H-A-E-L, K-A-T-H-E-R-I-N-E, J-A-N-E-T , or one(all) of the babies, I will NOT be spending that much. Even for vintage. :filenails:

Michael Jackson: Melanie Amaro sings 'Man in the Mirror' classic on 'X Factor'

The newest episode of X Factor aired last night, and one of the contestants that is being mentored by Simon Cowell, Melanie Amaro, took to the stage to perform a Michael Jackson classic song, "Man in the Mirror." Last night was not the first time that Amaro performed a Michael Jackson song, and the viewers tuning in were thrilled to see that particular song performed.

The judges gave Melanie Amaro some fantastic feedback. Nicole Scherzinger said that the particular song needs to be heard right now, and that she did Michael Jackson proud with the performance. Simon Cowell was also happy with the performance, as was Paula Abdul. L.A. Reid liked the performance as well.

Melanie Amaro is a fantastic singer, and from the moment that she auditioned for the show, she became an instant fan favorite. Michael Jackson remains one of the most popular singers of all-time, he continues to inspire his countless fans around the world with his legacy of music, and the person that he was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4nLaE5Mtn4

Source: http://www.examiner.com/jackson-family-in-national/michael-jackson-melanie-amaro-sings-man-the-mirror-classic-on-x-factor#ixzz1dLUktgNg

MICHAEL JACKSON EXECUTORS: NBC is 'Morally Culpable' For Conrad Murray Documentary

TMZ has obtained a blistering letter sent to NBC and MSNBC execs from the co-executors of Michael Jackson's estate, attacking the networks' ethics for giving Conrad Murray a platform in an upcoming documentary.

In the letter John Branca and John McClain grouse that Murray has no qualms about "smearing the reputation of his 'friend,'" even though he refused to testify under penalty of perjury in his trial.

In the letter, the co-executors doubt that Murray got paid only $1 for his participation in the doc. In fact, people connected with the documentary hedged when TMZ asked about Murray's payment.

And the co-executors say, the networks are using "moral loopholes" -- claiming it was shot before Murray was convicted -- "in order to boost ratings at a struggling cable network."

VIEW DOCUMENT HERE: http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/110911_jackson.pdf

Source: http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/09/conrad-murray-documentary-nbc-letter/?adid=recentlyupdatedstories#.TrxVwfR78X4

"These are moral loopholes aimed at excusing a reprehensible program stemming from Michael Jackson's tragic death that will not only be aired, but which is being heavily promoted on 'The Today Show' in order to boost ratings at a struggling cable network. "

READ.THEM.DOWN.!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

"These are moral loopholes aimed at excusing a reprehensible program stemming from Michael Jackson's tragic death that will not only be aired, but which is being heavily promoted on 'The Today Show' in order to boost ratings at a struggling cable network. "

READ.THEM.DOWN.!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII READ THEM THE FUCK DOWN..you know why i fuck with mccain and france..mj knew what he was doing ..#teambranca

• Upvote 1

i will never have respect for the jackson family ..really... exploiting the kids. asking them to sign stuff ?? and then katherine's lawyer defending this mess ...my God ...!!!!! :flipoff: :flipoff:

Oh please! The kids probably LOVE doing this sort of stuff - anything that pays tribute to their father.

And it's Mother Jackson or Mrs Katherine Jackson. :filenails:.

^^^^^ Yes the kids love doing it ..of-course they will they are kids but does that make it right ?? does it make it fucking right ????? Why not leave these kids out of this ..why do they have to USE THE KIDS ..yes mama kat is no different ..money always come first for her

Why should the kids be left out? If anything this is a great way for them to be trained into Hollywood - an industry they were born in and will NEVER leave. Their father isn't here now so these kids are going to be raised differently to how they were before.

orig-13020171.jpg

And let's not come for Mama Jackson because you wouldn't be dragging for MJ if the nurses didn't drag MJ out of her.

• Upvote 1

I will come for who i want and you will deal !! JOE JACKSON also shot his CUM into her does that mean that i should tolerate his nonsense

and about being trained into hollywood my ass.the family is exploiting those kids and you think its a good thing..MJ would not want this one bit

MJ is not here so it doesn't matter what he wants.

And yes I tolerate Joe because if he hadn't whipped those kids then they wouldn't have had that push they needed to show their talents.

bieberdealwithit.gif

Why should the kids be left out? If anything this is a great way for them to be trained into Hollywood - an industry they were born in and will NEVER leave. Their father isn't here now so these kids are going to be raised differently to how they were before.

orig-13020171.jpg

And let's not come for Mama Jackson because you wouldn't be dragging for MJ if the nurses didn't drag MJ out of her.

And you get a +1 for this. :thumbup:

I may come for some of the other family, but Mama, Janet, and the babies are ALWAYS respected and loved. Done-Fuckin'-Deal.

I am sorry but it doesn't change a thing if Kat gave mj life or not..I will treat her the same way i see fit...if you can throw joe jackson under the bus i can do the same for kat :rolleyes:

Mama was and is ALWAYS in Michael's corner. He even said himself that after the trial, he only trusted her. Over the years, I have learned to tolerate Joe. But Mama has done nothing to earn slack or shade from anyone. Unless you can give me real receipts of that, then my loyalties remain to her. Especially in with Michael not being here.

Mama was and is ALWAYS in Michael's corner. He even said himself that after the trial, he only trusted her. Over the years, I have learned to tolerate Joe. But Mama has done nothing to earn slack or shade from anyone. Unless you can give me real receipts of that, then my loyalties remain to her. Especially in with Michael not being here.

oh i can give you recipes of that alright..strange that you haven't see all this with your own two eye's over the past two years ...

i will not go out proving anything ..i guess you will just have to take my word for it..i know for a fact..that had mj known this is how it was going to go ..he wouldn't have left the kids with her

Know you understand why mj trusted diana ross more than his own damn family

oh i can give you recipes of that alright..strange that you haven't see all this with your own two eye's over the past two years ...

i will not go out proving anything ..i guess you will just have to take my word for it..i know for a fact..that had mj known this is how it was going to go ..he wouldn't have left the kids with her

Know you understand why mj trusted diana ross more than his own damn family

Did you watch that video that accused Mama of working with Conrad Murray or something that I found on Youtube about year and a half ago? Is that what this is about? And if you're questioning my stanhood, don't you fucking try it. I love you, dearly, like a great friend/brother, but I will NEVER allow my love and knowledge of Michael to be questioned. So, unless you can give me a shred of proof for this disdain, I won't believe you. I have traced all of this from the beginning, taken notes, researched, studied, everything. And you will NEVER try to strip anything relating to my Michael from me.

Did you watch that video that accused Mama of working with Conrad Murray or something that I found on Youtube about year and a half ago? Is that what this is about? And if you're questioning my stanhood, don't you fucking try it. I love you, dearly, like a great friend/brother, but I will NEVER allow my love and knowledge of Michael to be questioned. So, unless you can give me a shred of proof for this disdain, I won't believe you. I have traced all of this from the beginning, taken notes, researched, studied, everything. And you will NEVER try to strip anything relating to my Michael from me.

I am not questioning your stanhood ..nor am i talking about a video that says she was working with murray ..no that is all conspiracy theorist ishh i am not into that..chill..you are overreacting

I am not questioning your stanhood ..nor am i talking about a video that says she was working with murray ..no that is all conspiracy theorist ishh i am not into that..chill..you are overreacting

I get COMPLETELY defensive and protective when it comes to him, her, Jan, and the babies. Especially when there is slander towards any of them. Mama has done no wrong, and unless you can prove otherwise, your claim is null and void. Claims wanting to be facts without evidence are exactly what we've always been fighting against all along with Michael, no? Fighting for truth? Truth requires proof. And you have none but speculation.

Don't take this the wrong way but people like you, idrag4mj, are exactly why I left the MJ forums...but now I've to endure the overboard hate-filled stanism here too :rolleyes:

I was so tired of the MJ boards...all I read was pure hatred - hate for the people MJ loved the most and it only happened after he died. It seems as though MJ's lesson of loving one another no matter what went out the window when MJ died.