Janet Jackson Deddicates 'Together Again' to Indiana

Reyna ♔

Indiana fans are ready to get “nasty” when Janet Jackson takes to the stage Wednesday night at the Indiana State Fair Hoosier Grandstand.

Typically a powerful and visual arena performer, the five-time Grammy winner packs as many of her 35 number one hits as possible into her critically acclaimed “Up close and personal” World Tour – a representation of a more intimate, theater-like setting with fans (though the Hoosier Grandstand has a capacity of nearly 16,000). This is her largest tour and she is already in her fourth leg of it having played the States, Europe, and Asia earlier this year - many of those cities were multiple night, sold-out performances.

The Indianapolis show is the superstar’s first ever Fair performance. In an interview earlier this week, Jackson told me while the size of the venues are much smaller, “Everyone demands one thing, a great show. I am working hard to give that to them and the fans seem to be enjoying it so far.”

Born in Gary, Indiana this is somewhat of a homecoming for Ms. Jackson. “I believe I was two years old when I moved to Los Angeles. I remember my sister’s wedding and my friends Rodney and Gregory. I am so excited to get back to Indiana. It’s going to be a lot of fun!”

On this tour, Janet dedicates one of her hit songs to each city. “I have dedicated “Together Again” to Indiana…I guess the song title kind of explains it all, doesn’t it?”

Archived