Interesting charting for JALW to Rock with you...

Twistedvelvet

Okay, so I learnt today, that apparently, 'Rock with you' was a Top 5 UK R&B hit and Top 10 UK Dance hit.

Yet I, one of her biggest craziest UK fans did not know this?

I mean doesn't this just prove how shit promo was!

U know people were loving it.

Same with Feedback.

I've Wikied Just a little while to Rock with You, and to my suprise these singles were Top 20 hits in many countries across the world. (True Global artist yes).

Okay, obviously, its not great for Janet, but to say that her singles were complete flops and unknown to people across the world, is just stupid.

Top 20 hits

Just a little while - Australia, Canada, Denmark, Hungaray, Italy, Spain (no.6), UK.

All nite - UK, Spain, Romania, Belgium

Call on me - Belgium (no.2), Finland, Ireland, Italy, UK, New Zealand, Slovakia, Sweden

So excited - Finland (no.9), Japan, Spain,

Feedback - Belgium, Greece (no.5), New Zealand, Canada, US, Norway, Turkey

Interesting. People always make out like these songs didn't chart anywhere. I never knew they charted in these places.

It's the label's job to see that the single gets proper single treatment. Because Janet didn't write anything on Discipline, she doesn't have much control over the song, legally speaking. LA Reid stopped promotion in March, and that's what led to the end of the last era. It was clear Janet didn't give two shits because she started promoting the tour the next month (shade :lmao:). RWU could have been a huge hit in Europe, same with FB. It takes more than just the artist to make a song a hit.

I just think it shows that if Janet's name alone (clearly) could push Top 20s in some of the smallest (and therefore arguably hardest) markets, it just shows it was all about a lack of promotion.

I mean, how is it that you can get a Top 5 in Greece (ala Feedback), but not a Top 5 in the US (when your a US artist)...

Archived