Ladies put your right hand high

your right hand high

put it in the sky

and wave that right hand high

Guys pump pump pump yo fist

pump pump pump yo fist

put yo hand up just like this

and pump pump pump yo fist

Hmmm...I'm really diggin' the sound of it. The instrumental is hot. I'm trying to understand the lyrics for sure though. Where are you coming from with them? lol

:lmao: You are having the same issue with the song as I am. I think 2 messages are being conveyed here, and that's not what I'm trying to do...it's like I wrote lyrics from 2 seperate songs and tried to blend the parts I liked togeher...but it just isn't working.

First, I wanted to reference the "fist pump" in a song, as a Jersey Shore nod lol. This instrumental just reaks of fist pump action to me :lol: Secondly, I wanted it to be a 'dance your cares away' type track...and then I tried to be socially concious at the same time. Classic case of too many ideas put together in one track :sigh::asham: I might try and re-write some new parts...but I'm about THIS close to scrapping it! -_-

:lmao: You are having the same issue with the song as I am. I think 2 messages are being conveyed here, and that's not what I'm trying to do...it's like I wrote lyrics from 2 seperate songs and tried to blend the parts I liked togeher...but it just isn't working.

First, I wanted to reference the "fist pump" in a song, as a Jersey Shore nod lol. This instrumental just reaks of fist pump action to me :lol: Secondly, I wanted it to be a 'dance your cares away' type track...and then I tried to be socially concious at the same time. Classic case of too many ideas put together in one track :sigh::asham: I might try and re-write some new parts...but I'm about THIS close to scrapping it! -_-

Awww :lmao: Yeah that's what it kinda sounded like.

Hmmm, blending the two is possible. But it will take some serious work. it's hard to sound carefree while being serious at the same time. The fist pump idea is great, keep with that. But kind of have the message be unity or strength. Focus on an issue that you care about and roll with that. Remember, the instrumental can be fast-paced and upbeat even when the lyrics are strong. Rhythm Nation, State of the World, Jam, songs like that. :)

Awww :lmao: Yeah that's what it kinda sounded like.

Hmmm, blending the two is possible. But it will take some serious work. it's hard to sound carefree while being serious at the same time. The fist pump idea is great, keep with that. But kind of have the message be unity or strength. Focus on an issue that you care about and roll with that. Remember, the instrumental can be fast-paced and upbeat even when the lyrics are strong. Rhythm Nation, State of the World, Jam, songs like that. :)

EXACTLY! :w00t:

Perfect. Thank you, I'm definitely going to take your advice ;)

Archived