Its been YEARS Since I've watched this performance

jarrylf

@MJ's 30th anniversary special, the Heal The World Performance with Tamia, Mya, Rah Digga, Monica & Debrah Cox. I know TVone replays this special every other week but if I feel like watching its usually for the J5 reunion so I miss the tributes, but in watching this now..... WHO's IDEA WAS IT TO PUT RAH DIGGA IN THIS SHIT? I love Rah, an amazing rapper, her skills are awsome, her albums are good and she's as underated as all the women up there, but WHAT THE HELL? NOTHING about her fits in this performance at all, what they shouldve done was got either Lauryn Hill or Missy, because at least both of them can sing, and their rapping wouldnt be as hoood as ms. Digga's. OR just have no rapper at all, like I dont understand why the hell any rap was necessary for this song, and Im just.......wowed because the 4 singers did GREAT, their harmony was 100% perfect, but Rah was sooo out of place, and her shouting heal the world wasnt doing nothin for this song.

What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCwl3f0AtKE

also I think Whitney didnt belong on stage with Usher & mya, bitch shoulda had her own spotlight to slay a song by herself, (looking a mes, but slaying non-the less) Shoot why didnt they give Whitney You Are Not Alone and they could've given Liza Childhood. How great would it have been if Janet either did Wanna Be Startin Somethin with Usher & Mya or by herself, AWSOME

You are bringing back so many memories with this. I remember watching this the day it aired, wishing I could have been there. I remember all the little stories behind it. Michael hand-picked everyone who performed. His command in his own performance showed he was still a force to be reckoned with. He was going to majorly own in the new millennium but the trial had to fuck most of that up. One critique that really bugged me about this show, not major, but him having Liza perform at all. I know the two were excellent friends, and he had a crush on her at one point, but her performance of one of my fave songs of all time was NOT getting it. I still stan for YANA. Whitney could have really done a better job. On your mention, if she sang Childhood I would have been even more upset. That song is so much for me. She is a legend, I know. But there are times where some should just hang it up. Also, Marc Anthony singing SOOML? Mike, babe, why? Just...why? But besides these two things, I went nuts for the whole show. Screaming, crying, dancing, singing, the whole way through. Aside from Michael and his brother reuniting and Michael's own command of the stage, I think the best/my fave performance was probably the Heal the World portion. That remade memories in itself. Between that and when Luther joined in on 'Man in the Mirror'. Too bad Janet was already on tour by this time so she couldn't make it. Her performance would have been an automatic fave. OH! What if this would have been when Jan and Mike could FINALLY perform 'Scream' live together on stage? That would have been the talk of everyone forever.

I'm gonna watch all of this again. Thank you for making this thread, bro. :blush:

You know I got ma sisters back :) Yea I wasnt at all crazy about Liza's performance, I enjoyed Marcs but Im like.....who (when I 1st saw it lol, I knew a song he did but I didnt know who he was really or why he was important) Yea I loved this 1 and James Ingrahm & Gloria, I do love the Usher, Mya & Whitney performance (despite Nippy's appearance). But there were only a few things Im like...... :blink: over the tribute, and thats just Rah & Liza really lol, other than that, its all good.

Archived