Am I the only 1 who think Control the vid mix sounds better than the album version?

jarrylf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceXfIVMnrq0

OK so the album version of Control is not 1 of my top fave songs on the album, and I always liked the vid version, but I never compared them, until today.

I think for the album version I like the instrumental maybe more than the video version, but the vid versions vocals in my opinion completely slay, and I love all the yelling (in particular "BAM!!!!" & "1 TIME!!!!!" I LOVE THOSE, I cant listen to that without verbally saying both out loud lol, and the breakdown too "Terry!, RIGHT HERE.........JIMMY JAM!!!". To be honest I dont think she's ever performed it vocally as good on her tours (live or pre-recorded) as she did for that recording. I always wished she did.

What are your thoughts on the vid version vs the album version

Yea I dont know what it is, I mean I like her robotic voice in the album version, it goes with the music, but as a whole song its just... well good but compared to the video version not as good. And her voice on the video version does sooooo much from the yellin to the sangin, to the smooth singin, I'd actually love it if she did a song similar as a album track, I think thatd be hott.

Oddly enough I find it awfully hard to choose between the two. They both hype me up and she has the same aggressive tones in both of them. I say they're about even in my book. I can't choose one or the other. I do love her ad-libs in the video version, though. :lol: If anything, that may be what would have me choose it as opposed to the album version. :lol:

Oddly enough I find it awfully hard to choose between the two. They both hype me up and she has the same aggressive tones in both of them. I say they're about even in my book. I can't choose one or the other. I do love her ad-libs in the video version, though. :lol: If anything, that may be what would have me choose it as opposed to the album version. :lol:

I understand, for me maybe its because I've heard the album version SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much on the radio and every now & then on my player, and I hardly listen to the video version all the way through anymore (which is odd cause I feel like I mightve always liked that version more than the album 1)

lol whats your fave ab-lib in the video version, I posted mine, I dont think I could choose 1 lol. OH 1 I forgot is easily "MANNN DONT MAKE ME LOSE IT"!!! that gives me fuckin LIFE lol

I understand, for me maybe its because I've heard the album version SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much on the radio and every now & then on my player, and I hardly listen to the video version all the way through anymore (which is odd cause I feel like I mightve always liked that version more than the album 1)

lol whats your fave ab-lib in the video version, I posted mine, I dont think I could choose 1 lol. OH 1 I forgot is easily "MANNN DONT MAKE ME LOSE IT"!!! that gives me fuckin LIFE lol

Yeah, you have a point there. It's good to mix things up from time to time. Of course the album version would be the most played. Though I don't feel it loses any charm. Both versions are amazing.

LOL and that's the one I was gonna say. I about died hearing that the first time. I still do, kind of. She is such a trip :lol: "Get with it!" is one I like alot, too. Lol. And I do have to say the way she says "Now control THIS!" in the video version gives me more life than the album version does. lol

I always had it on my big Janet playlist, but I always skipped over it (no reason in particular, I skipped over the album version too) but today I let it play through, and.........well I play music while I work, and today I was a lil difficult cause I couldnt concentrate cause Janet had me LIVIN, and sayin "Jimmy Jam" Lol (1 of the ladies at 1 of my stores was crackin up when I told her I was listenin to the song 3 times in a row lol)

Archived