Home Sharing on iTunes

Reyna ♔

Okay, I'm trying to set this up on the family PC(Windows Vista) downstairs since I've already set it up earlier today on my laptop. The problem, though, is that iTunes won't connect to the store. I've tried it over and over again for hours since this morning and nothing will work.

Things I've tried:

1. Updated iTunes

2. Uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes

3. Resetting the web browser to the defaults

4. Disabling the proxy whatever(disabling LAN settings or something)

5. Allowing it in through the Firewall

6. Made sure my Internet connection is right

7. Made sure my ID and password are right

What else can I do? :unsure:

Homesharing won't turn on? You try buying a MacBook :coffee:

:lol: jk what error message is it giving you?

Make sure the you're usin the same account info... And make sure all your computers are authorized under the account

I'm trying to put it on the computer downstairs. My music is split about half/half between the two :lol:

It isn't giving one, it's just taking hours upon hours to connect. It says "Accessing iTunes store" so I wait then go off to do something a few hours(I let the computer stay on instead of letting it sleep) and it still says that. Last time I did that I waited 4 hours and it was still saying it's trying to access it. Same account info and I can't even authorize the other one because it won't connect to the store at all.

Okay, so I ran a diagnostics test on the Network Connectivity and it says "Secure link to iTunes Store failed". Then I clicked the "Help" button next to it and it says my computer isn't connected to the Internet even though it is. Also, I tried connecting to iTunes Store on another User Account on this computer and it actually worked. What gives?

It sounds like its the computer... Is it a new computer?

No, we've had it for a while now. I'd say about 5 years. :lol: Anywho, after a while, since it worked on the other account, I just transferred all of my music to that one and made it the second library on the Home Share. Took a few hours to resync everything but it's good now. ^_^