Arsenio Hall Files $5 Million Defamation Lawsuit Against Sinead O'Connor

janetDAYZ

omedian and former late night show host Arsenio Hall responded to recent attacks by Sinead O'Connor with the filing of a defamation lawsuit on Thursday (May 5). The suit, which seeks damages of $5 million, comes days after the Irish singer went public with accusations that Prince was in fact a 'hard drug user', and that for years, Arsenio Hall was his supplier (calling him Prince and Eddie Murphy's "bitch"). She also charged that she herself was once drugged by Arsenio, an alleged incident she claimed to be pursuing legal action over.

"Arsenio I've reported you to the Carver County Sheriff's office. Expect their call. They are aware you spiked me years ago at Eddie Murphy's house. You best get tidying your man cave," she wrote via Facebook posting on Monday (May 2). In the bazaar rant, O'Connor signaled for the DEA to go after Arsenio, supposing that he had been giving Prince drugs "over the decades". Her claims come as the U.S. Attorney's Office and DEA teamed up with the Carver County Sheriffs Office to intensify their investigation into Prince's reported use of opioids.

O'Connor's relationship with Prince stems from their collaboration on her 1989 breakthrough hit, "Nothing Compares to You," which Mr. Prince Rogers Nelson himself wrote. In 1991 she would appear on the Arsenio Hall Show, in an episode that seemed to reveal a friendly relationship between the two, with O'Connor asking "what are you doing later on?" as they flirted on the topic of spanking. But her statements to the public have long been erratic, even towards Prince. In a 2014 interview with a Norwegian station she implied that the two had gotten into fisticuffs, saying, "He got quite violent. I had to escape out of his house at 5 in the morning. He packed a bigger punch than mine." Prince would deny the claims.

"Desperate, attention seeker Sinead O'Connor has maliciously published outlandish defamatory lies about comedian Arsenio Hall, falsely accusing him of supplying illegal 'hard drugs' 'over the decades' to the recently deceased music artist, Prince, and of spiking her with drugs once years ago," said Arsenio's lawyer. According to the former host, he and O'Connor have never had more than "minimal contact" and have not seen or heard from one another in 25 years.

Source: cnn.com