Did they ever settle that lawsuit

Xtraordinary Xternal

http://punchbowlblog.com/2010/08/23/beyonce-to-be-sued-for-copying-icelandic-clothing-label/

Trouble maybe looming for Beyonce and her House of Dereon fashion label. The superstar has been accused of copying the design of a pair of leggings she bought from Topshop while in London earlier this year. Beyonce was photographed wearing the studded leggings that are made by Icelandic fashion brand, E-Label.

The line’s co-owner, Helba Hallgrimsdottir, stated:

“This is naturally huge and I am still half in shock. I didn’t twig straight away that this was her own label: I just thought she was wearing our leggings. It is practically just copy/paste.”

Check out the the brand’s version from their website and the pair Beyonce is wearing in the current promo ad for her line.

Do you think they have a point?

Did she settle this one too?

R&B superstar Beyonce has been hit with a breach of contract lawsuit from the bosses of a Hong Kong clothing manufacturer.

The 'Irreplaceable' hitmaker, who launched clothing collection House of Dereon with her stylist mother Tina Knowles in 2005, is accused of costing apparel maker Vier International USD 500,000 in an alleged conspiracy to undercut the Asian company, WWD magazine online reported.

In legal papers filed in the US District Court in Manhattan, Vier International owners claim executives at clothing company Donna Loren LLC and shipping firm HJM International worked together as "conspirators who induced the shipment of goods to the United States with the intent to convert them or pay less than the agreed upon contract price".

Beyonce and her partners at House of Dereon and her Beyond Productions company reportedly aided the scheme by making purchase orders and requesting manufacturer specifications.

Archived